01-22-14 06:05 PM
136 ... 23456
tools
    The reward is pushing out updates and making this OS even greater.

He has his work cut out for him ppl need to stop whining about having bought a PB or w.e.

He will try and deliver the best hardware and software this company can deliver and that's all he can really do. Give him a break and you may just be pleasantly surprised one day

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 04:15 PM
    Also 99 cent movies for PlayBook owners, at least with access to the Video Store (separate app, North America only?) Bridge update was ok. I didn't expect a lot more, really, certainly not the price of my PlayBook, even at discount.
    I would like to see movies that I download on my phone also available for free download on my PlayBook and vice-versa. If I'm using the same BBID, it should somehow work that way.
    01-15-14 04:22 PM
    Well, gee. This thread was a worthwhile read....
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    01-15-14 04:32 PM
    What has he done for us lately? Please don't say rebuilding the Co. That is what he is paid to do. This is starting to sound like Heins canceling the playbook upgrade and "thinking hard" about what BlackBerry could do to reward loyal users.

Posted via CB10
    Wow...just WOW!
    01-15-14 05:02 PM
    Wow...just WOW!
    \

yep , money for nothing and the chicks for free ....
    kthhrrsn and Bonnie Bonzai like this.
    01-15-14 05:49 PM
    I would like to see movies that I download on my phone also available for free download on my PlayBook and vice-versa. If I'm using the same BBID, it should somehow work that way.
    I agree and I wrote to support about it. After about five email exchanges, they basically said I couldn't because the movies were sold through two different storefronts. Duh. They took my request and interpreted it as "why doesn't it work". Oh well.
    01-15-14 05:54 PM
    Well then... My post to you stands...
    Okaay?
    01-15-14 06:02 PM
    I just wish he could force AT&T to update us to 10.2!
    ppeters914 likes this.
    01-15-14 06:12 PM
    hey you guys , get a life , a real life , BB, Chen owes you nothing. He is a CEO of a corp and his reposnsibility is to get vaue for the shareholders.

As a {small} shareholder I don;lt want him to give anybody anything for "loyalty".

He made a comment like a new cioach on a sports tema would say about layal fans being rewarded for loyalty ... which means I'm going to get some success for you, or at least make an entertaining attempt.

The fans here are like sports fans and they want the team to succeed.

BTW , everybody bellyaching about you Playbooks ... grow up , it was known to be a flawed incomplete product on DAY ONE ... you bought one anyway ... suck it up ... I bought one too, much later and I think it is a pretty good piece with limitations ( the OS really made me want to see were BB10 took there ideas) but if you bought it despite all the bad reviews and want daddy Chen to kiss it better for you , too bad , I want him to keep BB alive and make it better so I can keep using BB phones and they can keep developing BB10

go team .... go team
    You know what's funny tho is that when BlackBerry makes a statement like saying they'll do something for the loyal users and playbook owners and then don't own up to it, they create bad publicity for themselves. You got ppl who are upset about it and with the power of word of mouth will tell ppl BlackBerry is a crappy company. Then it's a ripple effect and they will tell ppl not to get BlackBerry and hope BlackBerry fails.

So it would actually be a service for BlackBerry to actually do what they say. Not say things ppl want to hear. Like how they don't give hard numbers when asked about how much bb10 devices sold. Just using very crafty words.

Posted via CB10
    ocgltd and milo53 like this.
    01-15-14 06:12 PM
    I love threads like this. Just what makes you think you deserve a freebie from the company. I drive Fords, I have for many years and they never gave me something for nothing. Why do you think RIM should do it? This is like listening to a lot of you ***** about paid apps. Here is some advice to the tightwads, If .99 breaks the bank you are stuck in a **** job.
    01-15-14 06:14 PM
    I agree and I wrote to support about it. After about five email exchanges, they basically said I couldn't because the movies were sold through two different storefronts. Duh. They took my request and interpreted it as "why doesn't it work". Oh well.
    It's because they are contracted and licenced to sell that stores content on that device. If they allowed you to cross source, it would directly effect the competing store so no, it can't be done.
    01-15-14 06:40 PM
    I love threads like this. Just what makes you think you deserve a freebie from the company. I drive Fords, I have for many years and they never gave me something for nothing. Why do you think RIM should do it? This is like listening to a lot of you ***** about paid apps. Here is some advice to the tightwads, If .99 breaks the bank you are stuck in a **** job.
    Did ford go out and make a statement they'll do something for you if you bought a Ford? I don't think so. BlackBerry has actually said something on the other hand.

Me personally I don't care anymore if they did actually do something for loyal users, I'd be surprised.

But I can understand how ppl could get upset especially since the company had gone and said they would do something. It's different if they didn't make a statement and ppl are asking them to do something for loyal users.

Posted via CB10
    milo53 likes this.
    01-15-14 06:42 PM
    You know what's funny tho is that when BlackBerry makes a statement like saying they'll do something for the loyal users and playbook owners and then don't own up to it, they create bad publicity for themselves. You got ppl who are upset about it and with the power of word of mouth will tell ppl BlackBerry is a crappy company. Then it's a ripple effect and they will tell ppl not to get BlackBerry and hope BlackBerry fails.

So it would actually be a service for BlackBerry to actually do what they say. Not say things ppl want to hear. Like how they don't give hard numbers when asked about how much bb10 devices sold. Just using very crafty words.

Posted via CB10
    you are supposing that most grown-ups see the world the same way as you do. I doubt even most PB owners even know about this supposed promise or care. My PB has been collecting dust since I got my Z10 and that's OK.

I read all the same things as you did and never thought for a moment I was going to be given anything other than some hope BB would stay alive and a remote hope I might break even on my BB shares.

perhaps a gold star or a participation trophy would do.
    01-15-14 07:28 PM
    Here are just some of the twistings of the OP's messages:

1. Hey BB doesn't owe you anything you ungrateful XXX
    2. If you got a nice product BB doesn't owe you any more
    3. The stock price is up so BB doesn't owe you any more
    4. The last CEO committed BB to providing you with something, but now that there is a new CEO BB owes you nothing
    5. You're just a whiner.
    6. You should quit your job and volunteer for BB - how dare you expect something you're promised.

I think the OP's point is that corporate promises which are never delivered upon hurt the credibility and brand of Blackberry. I don't think he's expecting Heins to show up at his house with a gift right now.

I was hoping this thread would touch on:
    ...how are broken promises like this affecting the brand?
    ...will Chen thank current BB loyalists with a discount on the next gen of phones? (this is what Cadillac does)
    ...will Chen deliver on BB's commitments by offering Playbook owners a discount on the Z30?

what colossal waste of space this thread has become. Hopefully someone steers it the right way
    Last edited by ocgltd; 01-15-14 at 08:06 PM.
    milo53 and ihys like this.
    01-15-14 07:46 PM
    meanwhile .... BB closed at $9.36 today but what's that compared to lack of freebies for bitter loyalists
    01-15-14 07:58 PM
    Unlocked Z10s for $199? At least that's what he did for me (and what got me back using a Blackberry).
    Wish I had seen that deal. Wish they'd do it again before next Black Thursday. Heck, there's a lot of inventory already written off, right? Might as well make a few bucks if you can.
    01-15-14 08:17 PM
    That was under OLD Management, does not necessarily carry over with NEW MANAGEMENT. Like it or Lump it, that's how it is in Business. What the last guy promised holds no weight.
    Maybe that is BlackBerry's strategy now. They will hire and fire CEO'S on a yearly basis so they never have to honor anything they say. They can keep playing she'll games with customers and investors until either they finally do something right or someone buys them and they all cash out.

Posted via CB10
    milo53 likes this.
    01-15-14 08:20 PM
    + 25 Days of Gifts on BlackBerry World
    + 99 cent movies
    + free accessories for those who got in on the offer
    Ummm ^this.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 08:48 PM
    Wrong. CEOs have only one main objective if they are honest and that is to make money for themselves and hopefully the company in the process. Before a CEO does anything, they sign a contract which says one thing: company X will pay the CEO X.
    Actually, making money for ourselves is no longer an objective... it is a mandatory, and not only to CEO's but for all human beings to make money - to live...

But making more money to some corporation is optional... again, unless they will pay you to do that, which incorporated into your employment contract, and that becomes your objective...

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 09:03 PM
    ah thats the problem with the young uns these days: always wanting something for nothing...*rant why back in my days a person had to work for what they wanted....
    This is like the monty python 4 yorkshiremen skit!!! "Aye, when I was a youngun we had to buy things that did not work- pay for the privilege of using things we did not want, and was lied to by all the companies - aye and we had to say we loved it - Aye and we had to eat dirt!" "Young people now a days expect businesses to deliver on their promises! Create value!! Aye- improve even!!The nerve of these youngsters!!!"

Posted via CB10
    ihys likes this.
    01-15-14 09:30 PM
    Mote to the point -maybe direct your comments to the CEOs- I did not force them to make promises- but as has been said-" a promise made is a debt unpaid!" do t get mad at me for reminding them of their debts.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 09:43 PM
    No Chen also suggested that those loyal to BlackBerry should be recognized.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 09:57 PM
    Wrong location

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 10:02 PM
    Try a search of the site... Maybe he means this statement...

But with a qualifying statement just after...

CrackBerry Q&A with John Chen, BlackBerry's new CEO! | CrackBerry.com
    Yes this is the quote I was referring to. Thank you for finding it and adding to the post!

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 10:07 PM
    I hate to sound argumentative, but I don't feel he owes me anything. He's trying to keep the company alive, which is my biggest concern, and providing solid devices on an excellent OS.

I'd like to see him work hard on broadening BB world, but I assume he's already doing that.

Via CB10 & Z10 or Q10
    I agree there

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 11:28 PM
136 ... 23456