Trade up for the PlayBook is a good idea. That would open up a wide acceptance letter Z30.

Posted via CB10
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    01-17-14 06:37 AM
    OK what do u want? To pay your bills? He meant the should be reworded by coming up with more innovation and a top of the line BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    No i don't want them to pay my bills. I don't want Heins to show up with a gift.i don't want them to design a new tablet just for me ( there is no future in tablets anyways) I don't want the company to bankrupt itself honoring it's pledges. Perhaps a discount on already written down products. Perhaps a small discount for pb owners in the new z30- as we all know it also will be written down. Maybe the same deal that was offered for unlocked buyers in the USA, but for all past clients only. Perhaps access to the new os directly ( not a load at your own risk leak) you know what- maybe an autographed picture if Chen. Maybe a special double zero BBM pin. It's not what I am asking for- its what they said they will do. I will be the gracious recipient - rather than the misled sap .

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 09:39 AM
    What has he done for us lately? Please don't say rebuilding the Co. That is what he is paid to do. This is starting to sound like Heins canceling the playbook upgrade and "thinking hard" about what BlackBerry could do to reward loyal users.

Posted via CB10
    HE GAVE US HOPE!!! to us and the stock market
    Last edited by Joao Oliveira; 01-19-14 at 09:46 AM.
    01-17-14 09:41 AM
    They kicked Heins out... maybe that was the treat

Posted via BlackBerry Q10
    01-17-14 11:14 AM
    No i don't want them to pay my bills. I don't want Heins to show up with a gift.i don't want them to design a new tablet just for me ( there is no future in tablets anyways) I don't want the company to bankrupt itself honoring it's pledges. Perhaps a discount on already written down products. Perhaps a small discount for pb owners in the new z30- as we all know it also will be written down. Maybe the same deal that was offered for unlocked buyers in the USA, but for all past clients only. Perhaps access to the new os directly ( not a load at your own risk leak) you know what- maybe an autographed picture if Chen. Maybe a special double zero BBM pin. It's not what I am asking for- its what they said they will do. I will be the gracious recipient - rather than the misled sap .

Posted via CB10
    They are selling off stock at a discount price. Z10's are being sold for 200 bucks. Heck that's how much companies were charging subsidized when they first came out.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 05:38 PM
    They are selling off stock at a discount price. Z10's are being sold for 200 bucks.
    Where?
    01-17-14 07:30 PM
    Where?
    Amazon has them less than $300 now, but not $200. Haven't seen any at that price lately.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 07:48 PM
    Amazon has them less than $300 now, but not $200. Haven't seen any at that price lately.
    shopblackberry.com had the $199 price during the holidays. Keep checking there for another sale, perhaps...
    01-17-14 09:07 PM
    I don't own a PlayBook. But when it says you can download a movie on up to 5 devices within a year the PlayBook isn't one of them?

Posted via CB10
    That's right PlayBook isn't one of them. It's BB10 devices only. Of course PlayBook was supposed to be a BB10 device eventually, but we all know what happened there.

Poor planning, poor coordination and poor management decisions. Again.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 / 10.2.0.1803 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2
    01-17-14 09:10 PM
    There is certainly not a small amount of apps on any platform. In fact, there are more apps on every platform than can be loaded and/or used simultaneously on any device in the world. It's mathematically impossible and intellectually dishonest to even say that a person would get daily productive use of even just 1K apps, much less hundreds of thousands.
    Maybe you should rephrase your question to say...
    Why doesn't BBW have the apps that I personally desire?

Because you have the ability to do so. I don't see all of the other platform enabling this.
    Also, ultimately, you choose to do so. Some others are quite content with the current offerings.
    Thanks for answer
    Maybe my question was to general but I am thinking about education apps like duolingo. Sideload into q10 is working but it isn't so useful because pictures are really small.
    I know something is better then nothing but hey, I am using BlackBerry phone
    01-21-14 06:28 AM
    But why did they use two different stores for video on PlayBook and BB10? Why fragment your own ecosystem that way? Poor planning, poor coordination and poor management decisions that's why.
    I cut them some slack on this one. The licensing implications of offering movies and music must have been huge. This very much smacks of the PlayBook video store by Rovi being the first step, and then the morphing of it into App World as phase 2.

If things had gone according to plan and the PlayBook had received BlackBerry 10, the new App World with the merged video store would have replaced the Rovi one. But since that got cut off, the video store got orphaned with it.
    01-22-14 05:05 PM
136 ... 456