I'm not sure what exactly you are looking for here. I think you have taken this way too seriously. What are you looking for? A free phone? A new case? Yeah, let's give away millions in product after a 4.4 billion dollar loss. C'mon man, give your head a shake.

He is going back to building a solid brand, recapturing BES users, continuing QNX , and found a inventory friendly partner in Foxconn to continue the handset business for its customer. Chen has been leaps and bounds better with the media than Heins and gives the customer the honest truth. So your comparison is way off and don't see its merit! Relax a little and.. Enjoy the ride!

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    Um sorry to rain on your parade but you are giving Chen credit for all the moves Thorston made before Chen took over. The Foxconn deal was made by Heins as well as all the other improvements like direct downloading of Android apps ect. All Chen has done so far is fire some top brass and give good media sound bites. I'm not judging Chen just pointing out he hasn't been in charge long enough to have accomplished anything yet.

Z10 Running 10.2.1.1925 Take that Mr App Gap!
    schwede, kthhrrsn and milo53 like this.
    01-15-14 11:15 PM
    Loyal BlackBerry users have already been rewarded.................... leak 10.2.1, direct installation of apk's.. isn't that enough for the moment?
    01-15-14 11:47 PM
    Actually I guess if it were up to some people blackberry will spend more money giving the "loyal BlackBerry users" who only bought 1-3 devices, the rest of their operating cash in free stuff , and updated tablets that run bb10. So they can just shut the doors. Seems company success isn't in the interest of these "loyal BlackBerry users"

An honest "loyal BlackBerry user" would put company before self. Because a loyal user would rather see the company succeed then to get something for nothing.

Just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    zorgond and james pisano like this.
    01-16-14 12:06 AM
    Actually I guess if it were up to some people blackberry will spend more money giving the "loyal BlackBerry users" who only bought 1-3 devices, the rest of their operating cash in free stuff , and updated tablets that run bb10. So they can just shut the doors. Seems company success isn't in the interest of these "loyal BlackBerry users"

An honest "loyal BlackBerry user" would put company before self. Because a loyal user would rather see the company succeed then to get something for nothing.

Just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    ^this

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 01:07 AM
    He is keeping the company alive and will soon be making it better. What else does he owe you?
    01-16-14 07:33 AM
    All Chen has done so far is fire some top brass and give good media sound bites. I'm not judging Chen just pointing out he hasn't been in charge long enough to have accomplished anything yet.
    He divided the focus into 4 key areas and has a plan on how to move forward. Two accomplishments right there.
    01-16-14 07:33 AM

Just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like a stock holder to me. So if your favorite car mfg doesn't supply you with what they told you would be added to your car at no extra cost and then changes their mind and says nope sorry we were mistaken you will still love the company and continue to buy their cars?
    ocgltd likes this.
    01-16-14 07:51 AM
    So following your logic that loyal users should put the company ahead if themselves - it follows that you are advocating donating all our time, effort and financial resources to BlackBerry - as loyal users should put the company before themselves! Really. I think loyal users should remind a company if it's commitments so it can deliver value to its users - loyal or not -as it is the users who we decide on the fate if the company.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-16-14 09:23 AM
    So if your favorite car mfg doesn't supply you with what they told you would be added to your car at no extra cost and then changes their mind and says nope sorry we were mistaken you will still love the company and continue to buy their cars?
    Love of a company is disturbing. Loyalty to a brand is a different story.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-16-14 09:25 AM
    Yes. And if a brand tells me I'm going to get something and then reneges on it that brand becomes tarnished to me. Will they always be? Doubt it but they would have to show some kind of good faith for the consumer.
    01-16-14 09:41 AM
    What has he done for us lately?
    I got a bunch of free apps and a bunch of 99 cent movies a few weeks ago.
    01-16-14 10:46 AM

Just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    SILENCE! I KILL YOU.

INFIDEL

01-16-14 10:48 AM
    Haha - they have it on every platform but Apple always astonishing me in how they can foster that pure devotion to everything they do. It isn't just admiration for well designed, well working products. It's fierce, vicious, love. I know people like the guy in that Lumia commercial who rips open his shirt and reveals a big Apple tattoo on his chest.

Never, ever, ever, ever, try to suggest that Apple products aren't perfect in every way, don't feed the hungry children, save the planet from gas emissions and cure cancer to these people. Or that someone else might handle a certain aspect of the experience better ...
    01-16-14 10:53 AM

Never, ever, ever, ever, try to suggest that Apple products aren't perfect in every way, don't feed the hungry children, save the planet from gas emissions and cure cancer to these people. Or that someone else might handle a certain aspect of the experience better ...

Same could be said with BlackBerry fans, never ever ever ever try to suggest BlackBerry aren't perfect etc etc. You got ppl coming left and right as if you attacked them personally and it's their life goal to seek revenge

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and ocgltd like this.
    01-16-14 11:05 AM
    Playbook owners got ripped off.
    Some PlayBook owners feel ripped off because of what they paid for the tablet, and BlackBerry 10 being promised. However, it's not universal. None of my family who got cheap PlayBooks ($99 - $199 depending on the memory) feels ripped off. And none of them really know or care what BlackBerry 10 is. They wanted a cheap, well made tablet. They got one. And all are still quite in use.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    01-16-14 11:21 AM
    Same could be said with BlackBerry fans, never ever ever ever try to suggest BlackBerry aren't perfect etc etc. You got ppl coming left and right as if you attacked them personally and it's their life goal to seek revenge
    For sure.

It's one of the joys of a public forum: You have those who think it's perfect in every way and also those who think everything is awful, in every way, all the time and under every circumstance.

The two groups together are like an oil field and a blow torch going on a date. hahaha
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-16-14 11:23 AM
    Double post
    01-16-14 08:43 PM
    Obviously missed the point. I'm not gonna break myself to save a company. But I will give it time to rebuild profits before I start begging it to bleed it's self some more. My point was that a loyal user wouldn't expect a company losing millions of dollars to hand them something until they were financially stable. If your mother promised you 20 dollars and only had 10 would you take her last ten bucks and start a thread on mamaberry about how she promised and didn't deliver.

And no I'm not a share holder. I'm happy enough that they are trying to stay in business so I'm not forced to switch to a platform I don't want. As for as for them rewarding loyalty honestly what have they not done.
    They gave away free accessories to everyone who caught the deal. Over 100 dollars worth absolutely FREE didn't even charge for shipping.( for some anyway) Free apps and games for almost a whole month.. the rewards are there sorry if it's not enough for some reason.

And this isn't a fanatic spin or revenge talk blah blah blah. This is just basic common sense people. They can't give you what they don't have. So what exactly are you proposing they do for you?

You want a new tablet at a discount price? You will be waiting a while. Design and production are major tasks that take time. And I'm sure they are in no hurry to lose millions more and going out of business to rush something for the impatient.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by JoBudden; 01-16-14 at 09:26 PM.
    01-16-14 08:51 PM
    It's because they are contracted and licenced to sell that stores content on that device. If they allowed you to cross source, it would directly effect the competing store so no, it can't be done.
    But why did they use two different stores for video on PlayBook and BB10? Why fragment your own ecosystem that way? Poor planning, poor coordination and poor management decisions that's why.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 / 10.2.0.1803 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2
    01-16-14 09:05 PM
    Two extremely nice leaks since Chen took the helm, free apps and games for Christmas, 99 cent movies, and -- most importantly -- he has the company moving in the right direction so we can have more cool devices that somewhat respect our privacy in the years to come. I'm pleased so far.
    01-16-14 09:36 PM
    But why did they use two different stores for video on PlayBook and BB10? Why fragment your own ecosystem that way? Poor planning, poor coordination and poor management decisions that's why.
    So true! The backend, where the videos come from, is the same source, Rovi! On the PlayBook, when you buy a video, you use your Rovi login. On BlackBerry World, it's your BlackBerry ID. They need a method to merge the two, perhaps only allowing a one time association, i.e. BBID login = Rovi login. Once that's established, buying videos on one would unlock the video on the other.
    01-16-14 09:43 PM
    I don't own a PlayBook. But when it says you can download a movie on up to 5 devices within a year the PlayBook isn't one of them?

Posted via CB10
    01-16-14 10:02 PM

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 / 10.2.0.1803 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2
    Seeing as we don't know what happened behind the scenes and in the deal making process, maybe the terms offered to BlackBerry weren't favourable. I have no idea but it is what it is. Also, at the time of BB10 launch, the PlayBook sales were, to say the least, somewhat lacklustre and I'm sure the vast majority were to enterprise/government sources so the need to have a continuous experience cross platform for media wasn't a priority. Maybe due to the lack of content downloads they upped their price to BlackBerry.... a ton of maybes that we'll never know.

What I do know is that when there is a business/customer relationship, the customer always looks to the business to blame when there are often times many factors that the customer isn't aware of.
    01-16-14 10:09 PM
    I don't own a PlayBook. But when it says you can download a movie on up to 5 devices within a year the PlayBook isn't one of them?

Posted via CB10
    No

Posted via CB10
    ihys likes this.
    01-17-14 06:14 AM
    What has he done for us lately? Please don't say rebuilding the Co. That is what he is paid to do. This is starting to sound like Heins canceling the playbook upgrade and "thinking hard" about what BlackBerry could do to reward loyal users.

Posted via CB10
    OK what do u want? To pay your bills? He meant the should be reworded by coming up with more innovation and a top of the line BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 06:21 AM
136 ... 3456