If you can find it and provide a link, that would be great.

Otherwise, I have no idea what you are talking about. I remember no such comment from Chen.

Posted via CB10
    I am not a wizard searching the old posts- but it was I think his first that was posted on Crackberry, slightly before he officially assumed the rank. I am sure someone can dig it up.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 09:33 AM
    BlackBerry is not like Obama! They owe you jack crap except to provide superior service with their phones and getting the company back to greatness!

If you want free crap go cry to Fricking Obama he gives enough **** away to loosers in the country that all they want is a hand out. My God, Yes God get a grip, you want something work your *** off for it!! Oh ya Obama does not believe that hes the commie of no work and free crap for all the loosers that are TAKERS!!!
    01-15-14 09:37 AM
    BlackBerry is not like Obama! They owe you jack crap except to provide superior service with their phones and getting the company back to greatness!

If you want free crap go cry to Fricking Obama he gives enough **** away to loosers in the country that all they want is a hand out. My God, Yes God get a grip, you want something work your *** off for it!! Oh ya Obama does not believe that hes the commie of no work and free crap for all the loosers that are TAKERS!!!
    wow...

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, byransays and ihys like this.
    01-15-14 09:58 AM

Yikes!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-15-14 10:10 AM
    If you can find it and provide a link, that would be great.

Otherwise, I have no idea what you are talking about. I remember no such comment from Chen.

Posted via CB10
    Try a search of the site... Maybe he means this statement...
    Kevin: I know we're down to our last question, so do you have any final message today for our CrackBerry community of longtime BlackBerry fans, customers and supporters?

John: I am -- look at my record -- a very loyal person. So your customers and employees who have attached their loyalties are really high on my list. So I�m going to do everything I possibly can to make sure I repay all their loyalty. I believe loyalty goes both ways.
    But with a qualifying statement just after...
    Having said that, I still need to run a company. There�s always a tug-of-war sometimes between the two. I just want everybody to be patient and to be understanding but also understand that loyalty is high on my list.
    CrackBerry Q&A with John Chen, BlackBerry's new CEO! | CrackBerry.com
    01-15-14 10:15 AM
    I am not a wizard searching the old posts- but it was I think his first that was posted on Crackberry, slightly before he officially assumed the rank. I am sure someone can dig it up.
    Is the previous post what you're referring to?...
    01-15-14 10:24 AM
    John Chen's statement says (to me) that he will do all he can to keep Blackberry afloat - that's the repayment of loyalty in my book.
    01-15-14 10:25 AM
    John Chen's statement says (to me) that he will do all he can to keep Blackberry afloat - that's the repayment of loyalty in my book.
    Hmmm. Are you referring to the Q & A statement just linked?
    If so, I would have to agree that your interpretation is just that.... Your interpretation. In your book.
    Because he made an obvious distinction between the two...
    There�s always a tug-of-war sometimes between the two.
    01-15-14 10:33 AM
    Also to be clear. I don't care about loyalty repayment.
    As long as I have my BlackBerry, I'm good.
    I'm just trying to get to the bottom of the matter and clarification of what the OP continues to mention.
    01-15-14 10:35 AM
    Is the previous post what you're referring to?...
    Yes that was the quote. Thank you for finding it. It is qualified... but... you have to concede there are expectations.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 10:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    You dig it up, you started this ridiculous post!

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    world saviour likes this.
    01-15-14 10:38 AM

Manners. Manners. It was located. Thanks for your contribution.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 11:03 AM

It seems that MADBRADNYC fount it a few posts back.

But, it was more of a statement of what he hopes to do, generally. I see no promise of anything specific.

He definitely said that his first order of business is to right the company first.

That doesn't happen overnight. And to "expect" anything otherwise is just foolish. IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    world saviour and JoBudden like this.
    01-15-14 11:23 AM
    I can't recall so someone clarify for me, but when they said they weren't upgrading the PlayBook to bb10 anymore. Didn't they say they would do something for playbook owners to make up for it?

If that's the case what has it been?

Posted via CB10
    Nah, Heins said he'd think about doing something for PB owners...aaaaand he's gone
    01-15-14 11:32 AM
    What has he done for us lately? Please don't say rebuilding the Co. That is what he is paid to do. This is starting to sound like Heins canceling the playbook upgrade and "thinking hard" about what BlackBerry could do to reward loyal users.

Posted via CB10
    Don't mean to sound offensive but you sound kind of ungrateful. Most op's that start or contribute to "these" type of threads, almost always try include as many people to feel like they do. For starters your thread title then your first sentence, "What has he done for us lately?". And then you go on to mention Heins and things he promised but didn't deliver on.
    If its something you want or expect specifically, ask, you may or may not get it. But please speak for yourself and stand on your own to feet, without trying to start another negative thread going nowhere.
    No one is making you stay if you're not happy. Okay, I'm done now.
    01-15-14 11:36 AM
    Don't mean to sound offensive but you sound kind of ungrateful. Most op's that start or contribute to "these" type of threads, almost always try include as many people to feel like they do. For starters your thread title then your first sentence, "What has he done for us lately?". And then you go on to mention Heins and things he promised but didn't deliver on.
    If its something you want or expect specifically, ask, you may or may not get it. But please speak for yourself and stand on your own to feet, without trying to start another negative thread going nowhere.
    No one is making you stay if you're not happy. Okay, I'm done now.
    That's a point of view. I think I post as many positive as "negative " posts but I see nothing wrong with reminding the organization if commitments and promises. If BlackBerry refunds my investment in their products I will leave but as a consumer of their products I think I have the right to point things out- good and bad.

Posted via CB10
    milo53 likes this.
    01-15-14 12:03 PM
    Hmmm. Are you referring to the Q & A statement just linked?
    If so, I would have to agree that your interpretation is just that.... Your interpretation. In your book.
    Because he made an obvious distinction between the two...
    Yes I was referring to the posted quote.
    01-15-14 12:47 PM
    I am curious. What have you done to help build the company? Do you donate your time to answering tech calls in house? Do you advertise in the local shops? Dude, he owes you nothing. The company owes you nothing. Anything that is offered if offered, should be accepted with gratitude not a "you owe me this so keep giving me free stuff or I will cry." attitude.

lol Well said!
    01-15-14 01:03 PM
    Wrong. CEOs have only one main objective if they are honest and that is to make money for themselves and hopefully the company in the process. Before a CEO does anything, they sign a contract which says one thing: company X will pay the CEO X.
    Is this not generally the same as with any type of employment / work contract?

??? Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1925 / Telstra
    01-15-14 01:17 PM

I agree with you about Oblama, I don't agree about BB. The management took up the subject, after screwing us with false promises regarding BB10 upgrades. Offer up a free movie rental for PB owners, that would fulfill the promise they made.
    01-15-14 01:30 PM
    Yes I was referring to the posted quote.
    Well then... My post to you stands...
    01-15-14 02:02 PM
    hey you guys , get a life , a real life , BB, Chen owes you nothing. He is a CEO of a corp and his reposnsibility is to get vaue for the shareholders.

As a {small} shareholder I don;lt want him to give anybody anything for "loyalty".

He made a comment like a new cioach on a sports tema would say about layal fans being rewarded for loyalty ... which means I'm going to get some success for you, or at least make an entertaining attempt.

The fans here are like sports fans and they want the team to succeed.

BTW , everybody bellyaching about you Playbooks ... grow up , it was known to be a flawed incomplete product on DAY ONE ... you bought one anyway ... suck it up ... I bought one too, much later and I think it is a pretty good piece with limitations ( the OS really made me want to see were BB10 took there ideas) but if you bought it despite all the bad reviews and want daddy Chen to kiss it better for you , too bad , I want him to keep BB alive and make it better so I can keep using BB phones and they can keep developing BB10

go team .... go team
    01-15-14 02:33 PM
    Manners. Manners. It was located. Thanks for your contribution.

Posted via CB10
    You're welcome! Thank you for starting a post about your interpretation that BlackBerry owes you something. His statements to me said that he wants to be sure that although he is moving BlackBerry in a new direction, he will continue to build products for all BlackBerry loyalists. Making sure he will keep everyone satisfied.

01-15-14 02:54 PM
    I can't recall so someone clarify for me, but when they said they weren't upgrading the PlayBook to bb10 anymore. Didn't they say they would do something for playbook owners to make up for it?

If that's the case what has it been?

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps it was bringing BBM and texting back to Bridge if you have a BB10 phone. They didn't bill it as such but then they didn't bill it at all it was a surprise both times.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 / 10.2.0.1803 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2
    01-15-14 03:11 PM
    Nah, Heins said he'd think about doing something for PB owners...aaaaand he's gone
    That's what he did for PB owners, he got himself fired.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 / 10.2.0.1803 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2
    01-15-14 03:12 PM
136 12345 ...