ah thats the problem with the young uns these days: always wanting something for nothing...*rant why back in my days a person had to work for what they wanted....
    01-14-14 11:28 PM
    Lol vouch this. I remember wondering where the press releases from heins were when all the negative press was being released. Dude seemed to fade to black. For his last 4-5 months as ceo

Posted via CB10
    Off top pick a little, but about Heins, he certainly failed to express true leadership (imo) when he could not be heard or seen during very difficult times when (we) BB loyals needed something more than just silence. Lucky for us though, Chen is anything but silent. A man of action and exellent communicator on behalf of BlackBerry to us, and to the public.
    01-14-14 11:29 PM
    I can't recall so someone clarify for me, but when they said they weren't upgrading the PlayBook to bb10 anymore. Didn't they say they would do something for playbook owners to make up for it?

If that's the case what has it been?

Posted via CB10
    I don't remember this, that is not to say it didn't happen, but i don't remember this, however, while I am bummed out that BB10 did not come to the playbook, I am content with the fact that I can still receive text messages and bbm messages on it.. I think that they will continue to send updates and to it, minimal but i think it will continue to get little improvements. But I think that one we can all acknowledge as a flop and I am glad that blackberry has acknowledged it too� I want them to learn from the playbook's mistake and never make that mistake again, that is how I would like to be rewarded�.
    01-14-14 11:43 PM
    The point is, BB promised Playbook owners something. So yes, they do owe us. They said it, now pay up!
    That was under OLD Management, does not necessarily carry over with NEW MANAGEMENT. Like it or Lump it, that's how it is in Business. What the last guy promised holds no weight.
    01-15-14 12:38 AM
    I am curious. What have you done to help build the company? Do you donate your time to answering tech calls in house? Do you advertise in the local shops? Dude, he owes you nothing. The company owes you nothing. Anything that is offered if offered, should be accepted with gratitude not a "you owe me this so keep giving me free stuff or I will cry." attitude.
    It's not his damn job to help build the company in the first place and unless you're an investor that holds large amounts of stock or investment firm doing the same, or an employee than neither should you! Did you thi K before typing your very first sentence?!

In this day and age and especially as new permanent CEO to BlackBerry a man's actions and words MUST agree! It's not like he's the president, a puppet/pawn he has free will over his own words and they should agree.

Some deals is now common place in app world and BlackBerry has been doing this 3yrs straight now I believe.

However - exclusive channel offers or beta testers on their hardware, excluding those BlackBerry Elite supporters sure they helped BlackBerry but they've gotten quite fat off of freebies and the selection is based on their recommendations into that fold.

So we'll see.

My concern is BlackBerry is:
    Back to a focused business
    Like to see them heavy with telemetry using qnx and bes10,
    BlackBerry World survives with up to date offerings.,
    Developer community it keeps going native and supporting the platform - without this the platform and product are dead after just 2yrs.
    High end quality products give.me the bells and whistles!

Weapon of choice Z10, Full Metal CB10!
    01-15-14 12:41 AM
    The reward for our loyalty seems to be a terribly spec'd below $200 budget handset made by Foxconn but only if you are loyal enough to fly to Indonesia and buy it.

Oh, you were expecting something slightly different? What have you done to earn the right to tell BlackBerry what they should do to reward you for your years of support and thousands of dollars?

/end sarcasm

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 01:05 AM
    Quote from Simon Sage's article on CB from 10. July 2013: "We asked the BlackBerry CEO if they're considering any sort of loyalty reward for PlayBook owners to help maintain the BlackBerry love, to which he responded it's something they have been actively discussing and considering."

That's all.
    milo53, FF22 and bungaboy like this.
    01-15-14 05:30 AM
    CEO's have only one main objective i.e. to make money for the company... and since most of them are in contractual basis, they have to achieve their objective in a certain time - no matter what... that is also the common reason why the next CEO has full of ________ when taking over and during transition period... unfortunately, the next CEO has to do the same thing... the easiest part is convincing the concerned people that he can do it... the hardest part is proving them with actual results...

Posted via CB10
    Wrong. CEOs have only one main objective if they are honest and that is to make money for themselves and hopefully the company in the process. Before a CEO does anything, they sign a contract which says one thing: company X will pay the CEO X.
    01-15-14 06:30 AM
    + 25 Days of Gifts on BlackBerry World
    + 99 cent movies
    + free accessories for those who got in on the offer
    Free games and apps are normal. Appstore did the same thing.

99 cent? Well, not everywhere :/

When i bought q10 ... i bought only q10 with any accessories.

My question is. Why is a small amount of apps in BBW? And why in last month i am often visiting anroid store with apps then our bbw?
    01-15-14 06:53 AM
    I am curious. What have you done to help build the company? Do you donate your time to answering tech calls in house? Do you advertise in the local shops? Dude, he owes you nothing. The company owes you nothing. Anything that is offered if offered, should be accepted with gratitude not a "you owe me this so keep giving me free stuff or I will cry." attitude.

I always read and never comment, but, now I have to. I still cant understand why and how can you always talk about a company as they were our friends. I'm a blackberry user for almost ten years, and I have felt everything about blackberry, except gratitude or any reward to my loyalty from them. I always buy my phones without any subside, for example, I have right now 2 Z10 and 1 Q10 and a playbook of 64gb, before that had the 9900 and before... you can imagine. The thing is that BBRY are supposed to do a lot of things and they don't. Keeping their customers happy is one that they don't even bother to do. How can you pay (in my case) 2 phones of almost 700 dollars each, and get headphones and chargers of 99 cents? Or an OS with a lot of limitations compared to the others on market? I really follow blackberry, I like their OS, their phones models, but, to take up again the company they have to enhance quality first, stop the leaks with a lot of bugs and pay to people who really know what to do an launch a kickass OS. Even loyalty isn't forever, and at this point they have to know it. They were the kings of the market, but their trust in themselves and supporting a whole brand only in few "excellent services" they have in their phones make them be right now in the basement of history. I hope this could change soon, if not, at least I expect a transition to something better, even if they sell, with our already bought phones, because right now, after thousands of dollars I have spend on blackberry, I just feel the betrayed and constantly lie to me offering things that at the end, they can't deliver to us.
    milo53 likes this.
    01-15-14 06:57 AM
    I hate to sound argumentative, but I don't feel he owes me anything. He's trying to keep the company alive, which is my biggest concern, and providing solid devices on an excellent OS.

I'd like to see him work hard on broadening BB world, but I assume he's already doing that.

Via CB10 & Z10 or Q10
    Agreed. Just work on remaking BlackBerry 's image, increase market awareness, revive carrier support and keep the brand alive.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    01-15-14 06:59 AM
    I'm pretty sure Heins was only in it for the money. It was a little weird to me that the company went private or got a 1B investment and then all of a sudden he got a huge payout and off he goes.

I wouldn't expecting anything in the first place.
    01-15-14 07:09 AM
    My question is. Why is a small amount of apps in BBW?
    There is certainly not a small amount of apps on any platform. In fact, there are more apps on every platform than can be loaded and/or used simultaneously on any device in the world. It's mathematically impossible and intellectually dishonest to even say that a person would get daily productive use of even just 1K apps, much less hundreds of thousands.
    Maybe you should rephrase your question to say...
    Why doesn't BBW have the apps that I personally desire?

And why in last month i am often visiting anroid store with apps then our bbw?
    Because you have the ability to do so. I don't see all of the other platform enabling this.
    Also, ultimately, you choose to do so. Some others are quite content with the current offerings.
    01-15-14 07:27 AM
    OK they said they would make up for it but didn't say when. Also said loyal customers would be rewarded. But didn't say when or how. Keep in mind that first things are first. You can not expect hand outs from a company who is trying to rebound and return to profitability. When and if they are able to turn it around and start profiting, then and only then will they have the means to reward those who have stuck it out thru the hard times.

Instead of expecting things from a company who is/was bleeding money out of their ears. Maybe we should just be cheering them on to stay an option in the smart phone world. Personally, I'd rather them do what they need to do to survive. Not break their self even more giving me something for free.

Posted via CB10
    I think what's happening here is the same as when they promised bb10 for playbook. Just like a politician they will say anything to keep you hook but down the line just forget about what they promised. In this case saying they will do something to make up for not bringing bb10 on playbook. Its just hot air so playbook owners won't get upset for them breaking the first promise.

And as for ppl defending Bbry is it so wrong ppl are upset a company they love and have been loyal to since day one be upset when they break their promise? Not once but twice, and on top of that on many other issues not related to this?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ihys; 01-15-14 at 08:09 AM.
    milo53 likes this.
    01-15-14 07:43 AM
    OK they said they would make up for it but didn't say when. Also said loyal customers would be rewarded. But didn't say when or how. Keep in mind that first things are first. You can not expect hand outs from a company who is trying to rebound and return to profitability. When and if they are able to turn it around and start profiting, then and only then will they have the means to reward those who have stuck it out thru the hard times.

Instead of expecting things from a company who is/was bleeding money out of their ears. Maybe we should just be cheering them on to stay an option in the smart phone world. Personally, I'd rather them do what they need to do to survive. Not break their self even more giving me something for free.
    I definitely agree that BBRY doesn't owe us anything. But, that doesn't mean companies can't choose to recognize loyal customers somehow and, more importantly, keep them as customers. That's actually good business as evident by the number companies with rewards or loyalty programs. The OP never said "free" or implied he was looking for some kind of handout.

I was really hoping BBRY would have rolled out the BB 10 phones with some kind of compelling upgrade promotion for existing BB users. That might have helped move some phones and encouraged existing users to move to the new platform. Instead, promotional or not, there still seems to be no upgrade path for the 60+ million BBOS device users.
    01-15-14 08:02 AM
    I was going to comment, too. I think it was Thor (now gone) who made a statement or comment, less likely PROMISE, when he was interviewed by CB Kevin. I don't recall if it was when BB10 for the Playbook was canceled or some other time. I don't think the new CEO has had an opportunity to make "foot in mouth" comments yet.
    No the new CEO had a similar remark about loyalty and that there had to be some recognition of it. It was one of the first comments he made in this forum- as I recall after his position was announced but before he was officially put in the role. So I guess the question remains - how have they recognized the loyalty of this buying products in the face of what looked like their demise.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 08:07 AM
    It was Thor who made the statement.

What was said, is just that. We shouldn't want or be looking for and upgrade to the playbook. The OS on it now had and may still have problems, even before the support stop for it. We should want a whole new tablet. Before we look for a new tablet or anything, we should focus on and look forward to a better ecosystem. BB can have the best smartphone or tablet out there, but if it's ecosystem don't improve or compete on the same level as other phones and tablets it won't make a difference. Samsung, Apple tablets are a larger version of there phones.

When that happens, then i will look forward to see how the loyalty is rewarded. It is not something that is owed, it's just good business.
    01-15-14 08:14 AM
    What has he done for us lately? Please don't say rebuilding the Co. That is what he is paid to do. This is starting to sound like Heins canceling the playbook upgrade and "thinking hard" about what BlackBerry could do to reward loyal users.
    If saving the company (and everything else that goes with that) doesn't count, what else are/were you expecting?
    01-15-14 08:29 AM
    As an old lifeguard I experienced profound gratitude from people and their families once they were safe. This thread makes me think I missed some good opportunities by not asking them for a thank you gift when they were struggling to hold their heads above water. Bummer. I could have gotten so much cool stuff. Oh, wait. If they died, maybe not? This is very hard to figure out.

Posted via CB10
    FF22, JoBudden and james pisano like this.
    01-15-14 08:35 AM
    And none of these things enticed someone still on legacy to upgrade. If you didn't already have BB10 you got squat.

So what again was done for legacy owners and pb owners??????
    flyingsolid likes this.
    01-15-14 08:42 AM
    It was Thor who made the statement.

What was said, is just that. We shouldn't want or be looking for and upgrade to the playbook. The OS on it now had and may still have problems, even before the support stop for it. We should want a whole new tablet. Before we look for a new tablet or anything, we should focus on and look forward to a better ecosystem. BB can have the best smartphone or tablet out there, but if it's ecosystem don't improve or compete on the same level as other phones and tablets it won't make a difference. Samsung, Apple tablets are a larger version of there phones.

When that happens, then i will look forward to see how the loyalty is rewarded. It is not something that is owed, it's just good business.
    In fact the new CEO Chen had a similar remark in one of the first posts on Crackberry.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 08:50 AM
    If saving the company (and everything else that goes with that) doesn't count, what else are/were you expecting?
    Saving the company is management's job. It's not a reward to loyal users. Imagine a loyalty program (frequent flyer, hotel, shoppers) whose program offered the reward of a chance to keep buying products from the company! Hurrah!!!

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-15-14 08:54 AM
    That was under OLD Management, does not necessarily carry over with NEW MANAGEMENT. Like it or Lump it, that's how it is in Business. What the last guy promised holds no weight.
    I, along with most PB owners took it as a "company" promise. CB took a poll on which goodie would be delivered. Again, they said it, now follow through! It would be good to address the issue.
    01-15-14 09:05 AM
    I think what's happening here is the same as when they promised bb10 for playbook. Just like a politician they will say anything to keep you hook but down the line just forget about what they promised. In this case saying they will do something to make up for not bringing bb10 on playbook. Its just hot air so playbook owners won't get upset for them breaking the first promise.

And as for ppl defending Bbry is it so wrong ppl are upset a company they love and have been loyal to since day one be upset when they break their promise? Not once but twice, and on top of that on many other issues not related to this?

Posted via CB10
    Bravo!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-15-14 09:12 AM
    In fact the new CEO Chen had a similar remark in one of the first posts on Crackberry.

Posted via CB10
    If you can find it and provide a link, that would be great.

Otherwise, I have no idea what you are talking about. I remember no such comment from Chen.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 09:30 AM
136 1234 ...