What has he done for us lately? Please don't say rebuilding the Co. That is what he is paid to do. This is starting to sound like Heins canceling the playbook upgrade and "thinking hard" about what BlackBerry could do to reward loyal users.

Posted via CB10
    lang007, Supa_Fly1 and schwede like this.
    01-14-14 07:14 PM
    Free Z30 trade up from a PlayBook

... I wish

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 07:23 PM
    + 25 Days of Gifts on BlackBerry World
    + 99 cent movies
    + free accessories for those who got in on the offer
    01-14-14 07:34 PM
    + 25 Days of Gifts on BlackBerry World
    + 99 cent movies
    + free accessories for those who got in on the offer
    +1

I got all of these plus a q10 from keys to the city.

That one was before Chen, but I have to admit, BlackBerry has been pretty good to me lately.

Posted via CB10
    JGoodard, donmateo and kthhrrsn like this.
    01-14-14 07:43 PM
    I hate to sound argumentative, but I don't feel he owes me anything. He's trying to keep the company alive, which is my biggest concern, and providing solid devices on an excellent OS.

I'd like to see him work hard on broadening BB world, but I assume he's already doing that.

Via CB10 & Z10 or Q10
    01-14-14 07:46 PM
    I can't recall so someone clarify for me, but when they said they weren't upgrading the PlayBook to bb10 anymore. Didn't they say they would do something for playbook owners to make up for it?

If that's the case what has it been?

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 07:51 PM
    What has he done for us lately? Please don't say rebuilding the Co. That is what he is paid to do. This is starting to sound like Heins canceling the playbook upgrade and "thinking hard" about what BlackBerry could do to reward loyal users.

Posted via CB10

I am curious. What have you done to help build the company? Do you donate your time to answering tech calls in house? Do you advertise in the local shops? Dude, he owes you nothing. The company owes you nothing. Anything that is offered if offered, should be accepted with gratitude not a "you owe me this so keep giving me free stuff or I will cry." attitude.
    cjcampbell, red72, tdaye and 31 others like this.
    01-14-14 07:53 PM
    I can't recall so someone clarify for me, but when they said they weren't upgrading the PlayBook to bb10 anymore. Didn't they say they would do something for playbook owners to make up for it?

If that's the case what has it been?

Posted via CB10

They did upgrade Bridge somewhat didn't they?
    world saviour likes this.
    01-14-14 07:54 PM
    CEO's have only one main objective i.e. to make money for the company... and since most of them are in contractual basis, they have to achieve their objective in a certain time - no matter what... that is also the common reason why the next CEO has full of ________ when taking over and during transition period... unfortunately, the next CEO has to do the same thing... the easiest part is convincing the concerned people that he can do it... the hardest part is proving them with actual results...

Posted via CB10
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    01-14-14 07:58 PM
    In reading this thread, plus numerous others and other mobile phone blogs, we should all take the perspective that the interest shown is akin to rooting for a sports team. Each have fanatical fans, though no one calls a sports fan a fanbois. Fans are rabid, often getting into fights both verbal and at times physical. If BB is your team, root hard! Don't take someone else's opinions as an affront, just their expression of their feelings for their "team."
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    01-14-14 08:12 PM
    Also 99 cent movies for PlayBook owners, at least with access to the Video Store (separate app, North America only?) Bridge update was ok. I didn't expect a lot more, really, certainly not the price of my PlayBook, even at discount.
    01-14-14 08:23 PM
    I am curious. What have you done to help build the company? Do you donate your time to answering tech calls in house? Do you advertise in the local shops? Dude, he owes you nothing. The company owes you nothing. Anything that is offered if offered, should be accepted with gratitude not a "you owe me this so keep giving me free stuff or I will cry." attitude.
    Hey, words have meanings. Check his comments. No crying here- just old school expecting gentlemen to honour their words. I am not sure you get to decide who owes whom.

Posted via CB10
    milo53 and ocgltd like this.
    01-14-14 08:23 PM
    They did upgrade Bridge somewhat didn't they?
    I guess you can call that an upgrade if you never used a legacy device. Lost pretty much all functionality when upgrading to a bb10 phone. I guess slowly but surely they will bring back all the features it used to have... or maybe not at all. Who knows BlackBerry makes promises but I'm not one to hold my breath and wait and see.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 08:35 PM
    BBM and texting is back if I am right. Still no tether. Personally don't need any of those.
    01-14-14 09:07 PM
    Hey, words have meanings. Check his comments. No crying here- just old school expecting gentlemen to honour their words. I am not sure you get to decide who owes whom.

Posted via CB10
    Links, or it was never said.

In all seriousness, when did he say this?

If he did, maybe it was in more of a general sense.

I remember Thor making this kind of comment back when he started. He also said that the new phones and OS were going to be made for existing users. Instead, when it did come out, it had less than a quarter of the legacy OS functionality. A year later and we're up to maybe three-quarters.

Of course, I don't count the obvious great new things about BB10 that the old OS never had.

Posted via CB10
    milo53 likes this.
    01-14-14 09:41 PM
    You mean you didn't get your cash?

Sheesh

The reward is somebody serious about keeping the company alive and improving. The alternative was selling it off for parts.

OK and the guy who came by to buff my PB was nice, what you didn't get that either.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 09:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure what exactly you are looking for here. I think you have taken this way too seriously. What are you looking for? A free phone? A new case? Yeah, let's give away millions in product after a 4.4 billion dollar loss. C'mon man, give your head a shake.

He is going back to building a solid brand, recapturing BES users, continuing QNX , and found a inventory friendly partner in Foxconn to continue the handset business for its customer. Chen has been leaps and bounds better with the media than Heins and gives the customer the honest truth. So your comparison is way off and don't see its merit! Relax a little and.. Enjoy the ride!

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    Skyforever and alan510 like this.
    01-14-14 09:53 PM
    Unlocked Z10s for $199? At least that's what he did for me (and what got me back using a Blackberry).
    bspence87, johnm137 and bungaboy like this.
    01-14-14 10:20 PM
    The point is, BB promised Playbook owners something. So yes, they do owe us. They said it, now pay up!
    schwede likes this.
    01-14-14 10:25 PM
    They don't owe anyone anything.
    Playbook owners got ripped off.
    The company has never rebounded. Karma is a *****.
    01-14-14 10:44 PM
    I imagine by that's statement he means the people who defend BlackBerry should not be disappointed anymore. By looking st this new OS leak this is happening.

He's also focusing on better service and stronger business plan. Although a few months in i think we can see what happens. It does take time to get action plans going. There's often a short term 1 year plan mixed with a 5 year plan. A 1 year John Chen review would be better to access his actions i figure

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 10:58 PM
    The point is, BB promised Playbook owners something. So yes, they do owe us. They said it, now pay up!
    OK they said they would make up for it but didn't say when. Also said loyal customers would be rewarded. But didn't say when or how. Keep in mind that first things are first. You can not expect hand outs from a company who is trying to rebound and return to profitability. When and if they are able to turn it around and start profiting, then and only then will they have the means to reward those who have stuck it out thru the hard times.

Instead of expecting things from a company who is/was bleeding money out of their ears. Maybe we should just be cheering them on to stay an option in the smart phone world. Personally, I'd rather them do what they need to do to survive. Not break their self even more giving me something for free.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 11:01 PM
    It's only when Thorsten was pressed on the issue. They put the company up for sale and banished him to the supply room before he could follow up on it.
    01-14-14 11:03 PM
    It's only when Thorsten was pressed on the issue. They put the company up for sale and banished him to the supply room before he could follow up on it.
    Lol vouch this. I remember wondering where the press releases from heins were when all the negative press was being released. Dude seemed to fade to black. For his last 4-5 months as ceo

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 11:05 PM
    Links, or it was never said.

In all seriousness, when did he say this?

If he did, maybe it was in more of a general sense.

I remember Thor making this kind of comment back when he started. He also said that the new phones and OS were going to be made for existing users. Instead, when it did come out, it had less than a quarter of the legacy OS functionality. A year later and we're up to maybe three-quarters.

Of course, I don't count the obvious great new things about BB10 that the old OS never had.

Posted via CB10
    I was going to comment, too. I think it was Thor (now gone) who made a statement or comment, less likely PROMISE, when he was interviewed by CB Kevin. I don't recall if it was when BB10 for the Playbook was canceled or some other time. I don't think the new CEO has had an opportunity to make "foot in mouth" comments yet.
    01-14-14 11:15 PM
136 123 ...