I've recently updated from 10.2.1 to 10.3.1 OTA. The update was seamless until I checked the remember app. I use the remember app very often and I keep a lot of notes in the remember app. When I updated t 10.3.1, I was surprised that the remember app is now empty. As in all my notes are gone. Would anybody know how I can get them back? I do have a backup of it via blackberry link, but it was a long time ago and is not updated.

So, anybody can point me in the right direction on how to recover it or am I doomed to lose that data forever?
    02-23-15 01:54 AM
    I think the data is lost unfortunately. I hope someone chimes in with a better solution and outcome for you tho. Don't despair just yet.
    02-23-15 10:10 AM
    I believe that the data is lost.
    However, if there were Evernote connected folders, you could add the Evernote account back.

Anyway, I would recommend fire chest backup pro in the app world for future use. It saves remember, contacts, calendar, texts quite well. It takes a lot less time than BlackBerry Link.

Posted via CB10
    FireChestApps likes this.
    02-23-15 07:02 PM
    It seems that the 'Remember App' forgot everything when you updated your mobile OS. Unfortunately, the only way to recover your lost data is with your backup. But like what your concern is, it will only contains the last data you back it up.

I'm using and relaying also with this 'Reminder App' and fortunately, after OS upgrade, everything is still there. There must be something went wrong during upgrade that made your data lost.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 07:46 PM
    Thanks for the replies. Wow, that's rather disappointing. This is the first major issue for me after all the other major updates. The only different thing I did this time was insert a sim from another carrier to update since my current carrier doesn't have the update yet. Other than that, I didn't do anything else differently. Could this be considered the cause for this? Has anyone heard of having issues by inserting a sim from a different carrier to update?
    02-23-15 10:02 PM
    I thought I had lost a lot of my notes, but a bunch appeared in an unnamed folder. So although they're there they're all mixed together. PIA.
    02-23-15 10:32 PM
    If you remember the title of one of your notes try to search for it. In the remember app right below the three tabs you can enter text to search for notes.
    I had a similar issue, all notes seemed to be gone after upgrading. I recovered from the backup that I made before the update but nothing changed, still no notes. Then I wrote something in the search field and the remember app showed me some of my old notes although they were not visible.
    Just give it a try.
    Furthermore I still have the issue that I'm not able to add notes to remember that are not filed to a specific folder (create a note and leave it as unfiled, don't select a specific folder to save it). I can create a note and save it but it is not saved at all, it's just gone. Would be interesting to know if you or someone else faces this issue, too.
    durendal likes this.
    02-24-15 06:19 AM
    If you remember the title of one of your notes try to search for it. In the remember app right below the three tabs you can enter text to search for notes.
    I had a similar issue, all notes seemed to be gone after upgrading. I recovered from the backup that I made before the update but nothing changed, still no notes. Then I wrote something in the search field and the remember app showed me some of my old notes although they were not visible.
    Just give it a try.
    Furthermore I still have the issue that I'm not able to add notes to remember that are not filed to a specific folder (create a note and leave it as unfiled, don't select a specific folder to save it). I can create a note and save it but it is not saved at all, it's just gone. Would be interesting to know if you or someone else faces this issue, too.
    Hallelujah!! Thanks. Finally found my notes. I did what you said and found the note, but I couldn't save it. Then also tried creating a note folder, and then the All Notes folder appeared that contains all my notes.
    02-25-15 02:13 AM