I have a Z10 that will not get past the setup screen. I enter in my wifi settings and it says it is connected to the internet, but when I go to the next screen it says there is a connection error. I keep going around in circles, I have tired battery pulls, 3 finger reboots, you know all the typical stuff. I was curious if there was a way to reload the OS back to factory settings like I use to be able to do with BlackBerry Desktop Software and using the "loader.exe /resettofactory" option. This does not seem to exist in the new Link software. Happily I heard today that a new version of Link came out that supports reloading your device!!

I installed the update and when I try to do the "Reload Device Software" I get to the point where it asks to select the pin of your device. I do this then right away I receive "There are no BlackBerry Device Software updates available" which makes me believe that I need to have the current OS installed for the Z10? Kind of like the old software that requires the OS software installed for it to reload devices? So my question is, if this assumption that I need the OS is correct, where can I find the OEM software so I can reload this device back to factory settings?

I have even tried the KB article 33480 that gives a work around to reload, but I get an error that I need to finish the setup first (and I can't because of a looping issue) so even the BlackBerry KB workaround method does not work for me. I have setup 50 of theses devices and this was the only one that gave me an issue because it was in the middle of downloading a update (downloading not installing) and I lost wifi. Since then i cannot get it to ever connect to wifi again.

So if anyone has some suggestions or knows where to get the OEM software (not the leaked OS) I would be grateful.
    02-20-13 03:16 PM
    Make sure when you follow the steps in the KB article that you are holding down the power button for the full 10 seconds.
    I had to reload today from a similar issue (stupidly loaded a leaked OS with the wrong radio code) and it worked ok for me.

Good luck. I know the feeling of total despair when you think you've pooched your device...

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 03:19 PM
    The point of the 10 seconds is just to get the device to reboot so that it can catch it before it loads the virtual machine, this way the software can talk directly to the hardware to do its job. The point being is if your OS is toast how can you use or trust your OS to restore your old OS! So yes my device gets seen during the boot process and the software waits for it to connect so that I can select it from the PIN drop down list. But after that it wont reload, just gives me that error mentioned before.

I am not too worried as I know Rogers will RMA it for me. I am currently using non provisioned SIM to do the setup till I know what user they are being deployed to in the organization. I am going to try placing my provisioned SIM in there to give it a connection to maybe get it past the "No connection" error screen.
    02-20-13 03:28 PM
    Hi,

I had to reload the OS after some funny shenanigans with bluetooth and random reboots. It will download the software direct then reload it. I used the tutorial here How to reload your BlackBerry 10 smartphone operating system | CrackBerry.com which is virtually the same as the KB article.

Really silly question, but have you taken the battery out, then pressed the on button for around ten seconds to drain any residual power then tried again......

Good luck!!
    02-20-13 03:39 PM
    I ended up getting out of the loop by placing my SIM card in it. I would still like to know why mine says there is no software for it!

Also who told you to hold the power button down to drain all power. That just sounds like wives tales kind of stuff. Did electrotech for 3 years and never have i ever hear that you have to trigger a switch to unload a circuit.
    02-20-13 03:59 PM
    I work in IT, that kind of stuff works on laptops sometimes...... Not always, but sometimes.
    02-22-13 02:23 AM