An opinion that isn't backed up isn't worth the server space required to post it. Sure, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but the worth of that opinion varies depending on the lengths you go to defend it, and your willingness to see the other side. The OP did not do this in his initial post, thus rendering his opinion, at least in that context, relatively worthless - and at the end of the day, first impressions make or break you. The responses in this thread are fairly indicative of my point.

JB
    seacan2 likes this.
    04-10-13 03:13 PM
    The chocolate variety or the reptilian variety? ;-)

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    probably meant for the reptilian : "i love turtle chocolates" is a given for any human being, i mean who doesnt like chocolate ?????

:O
    04-10-13 03:16 PM
    It appears to me that the OP believes the masses share his exact experience, preferences, and opinion� oh, and he believes all touch screen phones run the same OS? Odd.

Anyhow, I like my touch screen phones and wouldn�t be caught dead with an iPhone or Android.
    seacan2 and RazzBerry like this.
    04-10-13 03:28 PM
    Since the Q10 is coming out soon, people like me will be returning their Z10's within their buyers remorse period, because I still love my BB keyboard, and for a touch screen device I don't need an Android or IOS clone called Z10, I can go directly to IOS or Android. I need my Q10, and my Z10 will go back to where it came from.

Yes, I've used the Z10 for a week now, no big deal, flow is nice, gesture is nice, but it can all be forgiven, apps are still missing like crazy, OS is still much unpolished, many bugs.

Now, let the flaming begin!
    I find it funny you call the z10 an ios and android clone. When there were touch screen decices before the iPhone, and blackberry had full touch devices before android was even released(as bad as they were). Remember bbos had themes, apps, an app grid, fonts and customisation before there was an android.

The z10 is not a clone and is a modern blaxkberry., any real BlackBerry fan would know the q10 couldn't save blackberry in this age of slave smartphones.

My z10 is just as polished as my iphone 5, sure there's a few problems, but there's more cons then pros, it's the opposite for the iPhone, more cons then pros.

Posted via CB10
    seacan2 and bbmnoob like this.
    04-10-13 03:35 PM
    Don't be afraid :-)
    04-10-13 03:43 PM
    My z10 is just as polished as my iphone 5, sure there's a few problems, but there's more cons then pros, it's the opposite for the iPhone, more cons then pros.

Posted via CB10
    I hope you find that the z10 has more pro's then cons soon
    04-10-13 04:27 PM
    Since the Q10 is coming out soon, people like me will be returning their Z10's within their buyers remorse period, because I still love my BB keyboard, and for a touch screen device I don't need an Android or IOS clone called Z10, I can go directly to IOS or Android. I need my Q10, and my Z10 will go back to where it came from.

Yes, I've used the Z10 for a week now, no big deal, flow is nice, gesture is nice, but it can all be forgiven, apps are still missing like crazy, OS is still much unpolished, many bugs.

Now, let the flaming begin!
    You might be the only one who will return the Z10 for a Q10 so please speak for yourself.
    Last edited by Soumaila Somtore; 04-10-13 at 07:09 PM.
    04-10-13 05:05 PM
    To be honest I'm not at all. Most q10 people will have held off and the ones that have moved to the z10 will most likely have fallen for it anyways.

I find the z10 quite stunning, the keyboard is aging on it, I find myself actually using my device for stuff that bi never would have before and don't mind typing on it in the least, sure I still make mistakes on it and the auto correct still makes. Few errors but on a whole I find myself having zero trouble actually typing out longer emails and posts like this one with ease. I don't feel limited by it at all.

Posted from CB10 on my LE Zed10
    04-10-13 05:16 PM
    A key point of this discussion seems to be that someone intends to switch to q10 because of the keyboard. Personally I have always had BlackBerry device because of the keyboard and was worried about changing.
    Surprise.. I can type much faster on the z10 and wouldn't switch to q10 if you paid me as I value the extra screen space on the z10
    Oh and I am not some teenage wizard, I am nearly 60
    Apps.. ? A huge proposition of Android and os apps are junk so numbers mean nothing
    I have several native apps on z1o already which are far superior to anything I have on my ipad... eg mireo

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 06:11 PM
    Until my Z10, I have been nothing but a physical keyboard lover with my phones. Having had my Z10 for a few weeks now, I honestly do not miss the physical keyboard. Sure, there was a little bit of a learning curve and spelling mistakes occurred and my speed was slower. That has pretty much gone by the waste-side and I'm back to typing as I would and feeling perfectly at home and comfortable with the keyboard. I will not be returning a Z10 for a Q10.
    Creaulx likes this.
    04-10-13 06:18 PM
    but believe me you will pull up this thread in a couple of years and see that I was right.
    We will pull this thread up in a couple of years and laugh at how stupid it was to think the Q10 would have saved Blackberry LOL
    04-10-13 07:10 PM
    I'm not saying it's bad, I understand that it's at version 1.0, and it's new, but I don't see a reason why a full touch screen fan will buy BB over any other touch screen devices.

I understand there is hub, peek and flow, I get that.......It still has other bugs like the browser doesn't render forums and text sites correctly, there are many apps lacking (I personally don't care about apps, but I know most people do, for the apps that I need I have my ipad mini). The dialer sucks on the Z10, the hub has issues. Startup time is bad compared to other platforms (again it's a million times better than before). Google doesn't support this platform at all, I can go on and on....Not all the issues mentioned above are bothering me, but what I am trying to say is that Blackberry has a very tough battlefield to fight and convince people to come over, except the hardcore keyboard fans, which are naturally BB fans.

There is also another issue if BB doesn't release a Playbook soon, people will start tasting the Ipads and Androids, once a BB fan starts tasting the Apps, they want it, most BB fans don't care for apps because they never tasted it, they always knew that they dont have all apps.

Enough said, I will wait out for this bumpy ride, and I wish BB all the best, but they have a tough road ahead.

(P.S. I own 1700 BBRY shares, and I badly want them to succeed)

i hear what your saying, but i couldnt disagree more.. i hate apple i hate every thing about them... i hate itunes.. i have apple products hate them...i can't stand haveing 2 copies of music on my computer.. one in itunes and one in my music folder... i hate that everything has to go to itunes.. try adding a ringtone... can't email them you have to put them in itunes.... the apps ppheww waste of money.. it was actually the playbook that introduced me to blackberry..i wanted to get a tablet. was looking at the asus and galaxy..
    saw the bb.. wasn't sure i wanted to go to the 7 inch screen... i did some reseach on them, and they got good user reviews. i don't put to much stock in what tech reviews say... and i choose the playbook.. because of the price and thought the 7in would suit me..and reviews.. i love my playbook.. the only thing i wish it had was banking apps but i still have my computer so no big deal. can't wait for pb 2 to come out...(please blackberry)
    .i don't like the keyboard so the all touch screen was the bb i was waiting for.. now my only problem is i am stubborn..and i won't pay $500 for a phone..i won't sign a contract so my only options are koodo and virgin...and koodo is 400... so i will wait till the price comes down..i am not one of those people that HAVE to have the the newest tech.

i don't know much about android but that it is riddled in viruses.. soooo the only other choice is bb....
    Last edited by silversmith75; 04-10-13 at 07:48 PM.
    04-10-13 07:33 PM
    i don't know much about android but that it is riddled in viruses.. soooo the only other choice is bb....
    Is that really true or is it purely anecdotal? If it is true, how does one explain the success of that platform?
    04-10-13 10:05 PM
    I'm a BB fan for 1 reason (and I'm sure I have many people in my boat)......It's the keyboard......I don't care if Blackberry has a billion subscribers or not, I need my keyboard, because I need to make money on my BB. BB (and of course it's with god's will) has helped me stay productive and make money. The moment Apple or any other Android company releases a GOOD keyboard and makes a unified inbox system, they will have me and my boat switch over to that platform.

Blackberry sells nothing anymore, only the keyboard, you will all see in no time, that my prophecy was correct, I think their huge numbers in sales will be for the keyboard versions.

Why in the world should somebody (I'm not talking about a million or two) buy a BB if not for the keyboard? Of course you will still find people that will buy the non keyboard version, but believe me you will pull up this thread in a couple of years and see that I was right.
    I'm curious to know... have you tried the Z10 for more than a couple of days?

I was right there with you. I didn't think there was ANY way that I would EVER want a phone without my BB keyboard. I have to say now though... I don't miss it one little bit. I miss the trackpad for Copy and Paste, but not the keyboard. I have found that I am actually typing FASTER now on my Z10 keyboard than I ever did or could on any of my three old Qwerty devices.
    04-11-13 05:36 AM
    > OP,

Not planning to return my Z10, in fact I returned my Nexus 4 to get my Z10! The Z10 is an awesome product that will only get better. My iPhone friends love the phone and are looking to Upgrade to the Z10. From where I'm sitting, the "flame" is comfy.

Posted via CB10
    rtang1007 likes this.
    04-11-13 06:29 AM
    Source please? There are a lot of reasons to not limited android but I have never had any issues with viruses.

Trevor

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 07:54 AM
    There could be a reasonable number of people who would go for Q from Z. But I do not agree labeling this move as massive. Me, No. I wanted a touch screen keyboard which works the same as BB physical keyboard and got what I asked for. I will stick with Z.
    04-11-13 08:03 AM
    I just don't understand your thought process.....first, the virtual keyboard on the Z10 is the best out there. No keyboard out there can match the predictive text and aut correct function on the 10. As I use my phone 90% of the time as a communication device, I switched from a IPhone 4S for this reason! The smooth, fluid OS along with the call quality and the time shift on the camera features sets this smartphone apart from the IOS/android phones. This phone is truly amazing! I hated the iPhone's autocorrect feature as it automatically adds suggested words that mostly is incorrect.

Also you say that you don't care about apps yet you use strongly worded "lack of apps" is one reason for people returning the Z10. I suggest that you read the reviews from the Verizon or tmobile website to determine what users think of he Z10
    rtang1007 likes this.
    04-11-13 08:42 AM

My recommendation would be to go back to the 9900, based upon your commentary. Much of what you posted will present also with the Q-10. One thing with which I agree: Virtual keyboards suck the big one. For those that like them, they can keep them - attempting to tell me they're something they're not is simply a waste of time.

, let the flaming begin!
    Looks like less flaming than you might have suspected (at least initially), but perhaps this comment was part of the reason.
    04-11-13 09:00 AM
    Is that really true or is it purely anecdotal? If it is true, how does one explain the success of that platform?
    It's anecdotal. I've never known a single person that got a virus on Android. I have over 100 apps on my Nexus 4, have been using Android for 3 years and have never had a problem or even heard of anyone that has gotten a virus. These security companies come out with articles about malware, but there are never stories about hordes of users getting them. I think it would be a bigger story if it was adversely affecting a significant amount of users, but it isn't
    Creaulx likes this.
    04-11-13 09:09 AM
    These trolls here are such a joke. Please prople do not respond to them just report it.
    04-11-13 10:49 AM
    I have the Z10 and think the cut n paste function could use some polishing as well as cursor placement when correcting text.
    04-11-13 12:27 PM
    I had so many upgrades on my family plan I tried the Samsung Galaxy...and hated it. I had to switch back to my Bold until the new Q10. I did not want to try another touch screen and return with the z10. I am really scared that missing the send/back/end/blackberry buttons will make me slower than with my bold. Like scared that I will be seriously disappointed with something as trivial as 4 buttons. But it matters to me!
    04-11-13 02:01 PM
    Without the track pad I'm seriously sceptical about whether the Q10 will be all that much faster to navigate with than a Z10.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    04-11-13 02:09 PM
    No, I think that's a fair question.

I purchased based on the expectation of having a superior user experience. If I look at the OS and it's core features as a stand alone experience, the Z10 absolutely has that. Flow, Hub, Flick, Time Shift (the camera is amazing!), etc... all of it is vastly superior -- especially when it comes to the typing experience.

Now, if I compare that to the experience offered by other smartphone OSes, I was having to sacrifice my favorite media and access to my non-email corporate communications for what came out to be over $600 in cost.

So I had to choose between a superior typing/messaging experience and no media or corporate instant messaging, or a lack-luster typing/messaging experience with full IM capabilities (including Lync and Skype) and access to my streaming media from some of the most popular streaming media sources.

Look, I'm as die-hard of a BlackBerry fan as they come. Probably few people in the world want to have this device and to have it be a complete knock-out-of-the-park more than I do. But the detachment from those things that are important to me like my music and my colleagues wasn't worth the compromise TO ME.

For others, that may not be the case. And for those, I have no judgement. It's just a personal call.

Silly answer time... dont question him for goodness sake, he said he worked for blackberry... thats an automatic pass i thought....
    04-11-13 04:29 PM
142 ... 3456