04-13-13 02:27 PM
142 12345 ...
tools
    I'm a BB fan for 1 reason (and I'm sure I have many people in my boat)......It's the keyboard......I don't care if Blackberry has a billion subscribers or not, I need my keyboard, because I need to make money on my BB. BB (and of course it's with god's will) has helped me stay productive and make money. The moment Apple or any other Android company releases a GOOD keyboard and makes a unified inbox system, they will have me and my boat switch over to that platform.

Blackberry sells nothing anymore, only the keyboard, you will all see in no time, that my prophecy was correct, I think their huge numbers in sales will be for the keyboard versions.

Why in the world should somebody (I'm not talking about a million or two) buy a BB if not for the keyboard? Of course you will still find people that will buy the non keyboard version, but believe me you will pull up this thread in a couple of years and see that I was right.
    If your so right and so perfect,.. why did you buy it in the first place? Why you then looking to another place for that "perfect" keyboard! I don't think you know what your really looking for. Most people who buy and try,.. never satisfied. Go backwards to older device and stay there then. Don't waste the time of these forums and ours!! Thanks for leaving!!
    rotorwrench likes this.
    04-09-13 08:39 PM
    I'm really tired of all the flaming that goes on in these forums! The OP was stating that he was having problems with his Z10 and you guys jumped on him like he was sent here to start something. This is the same thing that happened with the 9900, when people posted that they were having the bricking problem everyone said that it was BS. The fact is, the Z10 as did the 9900, have some problems that are huge deal breakers. I have been a huge blackberry fan for years and have just about every model that will work on AT&T, I had to stop using my 9900 and 9860 because they would not stay working enough to use on a daily basis. While I was waiting for the Z10 to be released, I used an old beat up iphone 4, it worked every day without fail. I didn't like it but it was useable. I bought my Z10 and was instantly in love with it but, it started rebooting the second day and continued with at least 2 reboots a day for the next couple of days. I already have 2 new BBs sitting in a drawer, i didn't want another! I guess what I saying is, it doesn't matter if you are the #1 BB fan boy out there, it doesn't change the fact that some of these phones have some serious problems and just because you don't have the problems , doesn't mean that they aren't there! I took my Z10 back and got an iPhone 5. I don't like it but it works. It is in no way better than a Z10, but it works. I have an upgrade on one of my lines coming next month and although I'm so tired of the "wait for the next upgrade, that will fix the problem" mentality of BBs, I'll most likely buy another Z10. I mean, BB knows about the reboot issue and have stated so in a KB article on their web site and still people on this forum think that when someone post that they have reboots and they are gonna have to take the phone back, they are flamed! You know " oh they only have 1 post, they must be a troll" Have you guys ever thought that they were someone new to BB and they just got the phone and came here for some help? Way to get new people to BB, flame the snot outa them just cause theynare new and posted a negative comment. I really want BB to beat out all the other phones out there but this isn't gonna happen if they can't get the phones to work as they should for all people.
    Did you ever use the first iphone? Because your perspective is slightly flawed. Your comparing the Z10, a brand new platform and ecosystem, to an IOS that has had 7 years of tweaking. I understand people are having issues. Though not as widespread as some would have you believe. My phone rebooted before. A few times actually. I deleted all ported apps and I have not had one since. About 2 weeks now. Am I going to flame BlackBerry for their incompetence and not having foreseen all potential problems? I would rather contribute to the UI development not dismiss it. It takes patience and support to work through these things.

Black Tie Z10
    04-09-13 08:41 PM
    I'm really tired of all the flaming that goes on in these forums! The OP was stating that he was having problems with his Z10 and you guys jumped on him like he was sent here to start something. This is the same thing that happened with the 9900, when people posted that they were having the bricking problem everyone said that it was BS. The fact is, the Z10 as did the 9900, have some problems that are huge deal breakers. I have been a huge blackberry fan for years and have just about every model that will work on AT&T, I had to stop using my 9900 and 9860 because they would not stay working enough to use on a daily basis. While I was waiting for the Z10 to be released, I used an old beat up iphone 4, it worked every day without fail. I didn't like it but it was useable. I bought my Z10 and was instantly in love with it but, it started rebooting the second day and continued with at least 2 reboots a day for the next couple of days. I already have 2 new BBs sitting in a drawer, i didn't want another! I guess what I saying is, it doesn't matter if you are the #1 BB fan boy out there, it doesn't change the fact that some of these phones have some serious problems and just because you don't have the problems , doesn't mean that they aren't there! I took my Z10 back and got an iPhone 5. I don't like it but it works. It is in no way better than a Z10, but it works. I have an upgrade on one of my lines coming next month and although I'm so tired of the "wait for the next upgrade, that will fix the problem" mentality of BBs, I'll most likely buy another Z10. I mean, BB knows about the reboot issue and have stated so in a KB article on their web site and still people on this forum think that when someone post that they have reboots and they are gonna have to take the phone back, they are flamed! You know " oh they only have 1 post, they must be a troll" Have you guys ever thought that they were someone new to BB and they just got the phone and came here for some help? Way to get new people to BB, flame the snot outa them just cause theynare new and posted a negative comment. I really want BB to beat out all the other phones out there but this isn't gonna happen if they can't get the phones to work as they should for all people.
    I don't get it. You say in no way is the I phone 5 better then the Z10. And that you dont even like ios. But It works. My Z10 reboots once a night while charging overnight. besides that my Z10 works for me better then my iphone I have for work. My Iphone holds me back. It doesn't allow me do what I want to do all at once like QNX. And the only reason you say you returned your Z10 was the reboot issue. All electronics have problems with some units. Not just electronics pretty much anything manufactured. You could have exchanged it with another Z10 that might have not had any problems at all.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 08:45 PM
    For some reason I miss the keyboard too. But that's probably cause I've been using a keyboard for the past 2 years vs the 2 weeks with the virtual one. So I'll just give the Z10 more time until I get accustomed. If already understand after some time that I'm accustomed and I still find it slow then I'll change to the Q10. For now I find that the keyboard is faster. I can write without looking. I like how the universal search starts working as soon as I put my thumbs in it. And in leas than 1-2 seconds I have what I need.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 09:25 PM
    OP: Who cares?

Posted via CB10
    rotorwrench and SDTRMG like this.
    04-09-13 09:30 PM
    Since the Q10 is coming out soon, people like me will be returning their Z10's within their buyers remorse period, because I still love my BB keyboard, and for a touch screen device I don't need an Android or IOS clone called Z10, I can go directly to IOS or Android. I need my Q10, and my Z10 will go back to where it came from.

Yes, I've used the Z10 for a week now, no big deal, flow is nice, gesture is nice, but it can all be forgiven, apps are still missing like crazy, OS is still much unpolished, many bugs.

Now, let the flaming begin!
    Well I returned my Z10 today and I miss it to be honest, but just couldnt deal with the short comings up front. You see i bought my out-right at full retail. I had a 14 day window to decide if i would keep it, loose my refundability and pray BB would issues prompt fixes. I chose to play it safe and return after 3 exchanged devices and multiple reboots.

Im watching.. and if I hear of a software fix being pushed out and some of the bugs being squashed I may be back in line for a 4th.
    04-09-13 09:34 PM
    Hahahahaha everyone will be past the 14 day exchange period hahahahahaha

Posted via CB10 from my BlackBerry zed one zero
    rotorwrench likes this.
    04-09-13 09:49 PM
    I'm a BB fan for 1 reason (and I'm sure I have many people in my boat)......It's the keyboard......I don't care if Blackberry has a billion subscribers or not, I need my keyboard, because I need to make money on my BB. BB (and of course it's with god's will) has helped me stay productive and make money. The moment Apple or any other Android company releases a GOOD keyboard and makes a unified inbox system, they will have me and my boat switch over to that platform.

Blackberry sells nothing anymore, only the keyboard, you will all see in no time, that my prophecy was correct, I think their huge numbers in sales will be for the keyboard versions.

[B]Why in the world should somebody (I'm not talking about a million or two) buy a BB if not for the keyboard?[/B] Of course you will still find people that will buy the non keyboard version, but believe me you will pull up this thread in a couple of years and see that I was right.
    So why exactly did you buy the Z10? OS10 is in its infancy stages and will take time to develop. Saying nobody wants a BB other then for the keyboard is a bit narrow minded. Its great you love the keyboard of Blackberry phones, but why make it sound like the company is doomed because that is your preference?
    SDTRMG and pels_17 like this.
    04-09-13 09:55 PM
    The returns policy is so widespread in the American culture. I can't think of another country that has the same.

I've had my Z10 for one month now and don't have intention to throw this into the bin to get another phone. Am loving it.

Posted via CB10
    rotorwrench likes this.
    04-09-13 10:05 PM
    There was no need to start a new thread for this. U Could have just posted ur opinion anywhere else
    Since the Q10 is coming out soon, people like me will be returning their Z10's within their buyers remorse period, because I still love my BB keyboard, and for a touch screen device I don't need an Android or IOS clone called Z10, I can go directly to IOS or Android. I need my Q10, and my Z10 will go back to where it came from.

Yes, I've used the Z10 for a week now, no big deal, flow is nice, gesture is nice, but it can all be forgiven, apps are still missing like crazy, OS is still much unpolished, many bugs.

Now, let the flaming begin!
    04-09-13 11:18 PM
    I'm afraid of religious kooks who believe prophecy, God, and a keyboard are what make them successful. LOL...God can't use a touchscreen...he's old
    04-09-13 11:22 PM
    My only issue with this type of post is when there are no specifics which makes it not overly informative.

I appreciate your opinion but I don't agree with it.

Posted via CB10
    I can agree with you on your opinion. I think the original post is somewhat reckless. I am one of the user of BlackBerry that enjoyed the physical keyboard, but with BlackBerry's new movement to improve from the post on there were at before.

I for one am staying with the Z10. The new unit is also a new learning curve and it's overall experience is positive. Over continuous use it will be the a great experience and I am enjoy the brand I love.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 11:28 PM
    So your singular experience translates to "massive": definition of hyperbole!
    rotorwrench and Creaulx like this.
    04-09-13 11:49 PM
    I think it depends on how you use the phone and what type of person you are.

My older co-worker would love to be able to use my Z10, but he has stubby fingers and has bad eyesight so he loves using physical keyboard and is waiting for the Q10. He is always on his blackberry typing.

My little cousin (12) prefers a physical keyboard too as she is young and in her words not coordinated enough with her fingers yet to use a 'fake' keyboard. She's always on her blackberry texting away.

My wife and I use the phone for Web browsing, ebooks, watching YouTube, etc. We do most of our communications by voice. And when we do commuinicate by text, it is very short and sweet, we aren't writing a novel. So a physical keyboard is not as important.

So I have no problem with the Q10 coming out, I'm happy for my coworker and my little cousin. But I won't be returning my Z10.

Let's all be glad BlackBerry has given us some choices on how we can experience the BB10 OS.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 12:03 AM
    I'm not saying it's bad, I understand that it's at version 1.0, and it's new, but I don't see a reason why a full touch screen fan will buy BB over any other touch screen devices.

I understand there is hub, peek and flow, I get that.......It still has other bugs like the browser doesn't render forums and text sites correctly, there are many apps lacking (I personally don't care about apps, but I know most people do, for the apps that I need I have my ipad mini). The dialer sucks on the Z10, the hub has issues. Startup time is bad compared to other platforms (again it's a million times better than before). Google doesn't support this platform at all, I can go on and on....Not all the issues mentioned above are bothering me, but what I am trying to say is that Blackberry has a very tough battlefield to fight and convince people to come over, except the hardcore keyboard fans, which are naturally BB fans.

There is also another issue if BB doesn't release a Playbook soon, people will start tasting the Ipads and Androids, once a BB fan starts tasting the Apps, they want it, most BB fans don't care for apps because they never tasted it, they always knew that they dont have all apps.

Enough said, I will wait out for this bumpy ride, and I wish BB all the best, but they have a tough road ahead.

(P.S. I own 1700 BBRY shares, and I badly want them to succeed)
    LOL, there ARE users of other touchscreen platforms coming over to the Z10. Your own prophecy will be self defeating. There are also many previously hard core KB types that have surprised themselves and others by finding the Z10 a pleasure to use, with the addition of more screen real estate. If you've been reading the forums, you've read post after post of those that have switched and love it. You're welcome to your opinion but it's wrong. YOU wait and see two years from now who's right.
    04-10-13 12:06 AM
    i've decided against questioning a lot of the things in this post(droid clone, why would anyone get a touch bb, etc), or some of the bugs(because i haven't experienced them), but since it was mentioned in this post, the only thing i'm wondering is why people say the dialer sucks? i mean, i only go into it to dial numbers and call, and that works so wheres the flaw?
    biohazard79 likes this.
    04-10-13 12:18 AM
    this subject is lacking. I hope that someone resolves this problem your having. Time to move on.

CB10 App, Z10
    biohazard79 likes this.
    04-10-13 12:21 AM
    Just going to chip in here dnt have enough time to read all comments, 1 never had an issue with my hub, dialer works good for me, and why would you say the z10 is an iOS or Android clone, guess that would make the Q10 a clone with a keyboard ..... used a couple BlackBerry devices but I've always been a touch screen fan.... as for the apps u knew what u were getting into before u bought the phone

Posted Via CB10 La Z10
    04-10-13 12:39 AM
    Thanks for your incredibly generalized comment regarding BB users and apps. Just to refute you even a little bit, I started on BlackBerry with a Torch 9800 (still love it!), went to Android with a Galaxy Tab "for the apps," and then got amazingly bored. Sure, there are apps, but probably 75% of them are useless time-wasters that rob you blind through micro transactions. I downloaded a bunch and ended up deleting most after a few weeks. Now I'm back on BlackBerry with a vengeance with a PlayBook and Z10.

Posted via CB10
    biohazard79 and Creaulx like this.
    04-10-13 12:40 AM
    I'm a BB fan for 1 reason (and I'm sure I have many people in my boat)......It's the keyboard......
    Just a Little note: I'm (still) a Torch user.... reason why: not the keyboard, but the fact that down here in Belgium you can't get the BB Z10 for less then 629€;.... non of the providers is offering the phone with a subscription in Belgium, while the competitors are.
    So what do I do now? I save the money untill I get enough to buy it.
    Your remark about the keyboard: in my eyes: RUBBISH...
    I have allready tested the Z10 at a friends place and there is allmost no difference with the keyboard of the torch, except that you don't feel the edges of the keys... but I even have to admit: the keyboard of the Z10 types more smoothly...

And about the apps: except the big 3 someone mentionned in this post, there are enough apps to help you out.
    I do not need Spotify, I have my own music in MP3, and don't need to pay a subscription to get my music, if I want to change it I connect my BB to my PC and I change it.
    the only things I use my BB for is for getting online, reading a book, working on some mails, use it as a walkman and that is it... If I want to watch a movie, play games, I'll just use my Playbook. I've been to Android, heck, I even had an Iphone... But I allways came back to Blackberry....
    I do not need 20 apps to read ebooks, nor to work on xls, doc, ppt etc... 1 good app is enough...
    The only thing that I'm hoping for is a decent GPS app (Sygic-like) that has offline maps.
    shaydor likes this.
    04-10-13 02:22 AM
    This is another stupid thread. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone will get back his device. What this? You don't need thousand apps, you are person who always finds problem even if you win in lotto you will be unhappy, what I'm gonna do, I need big bag for this money, I don't know. Stop doing it, grow up.

Posted via BB Z10
    04-10-13 03:00 AM
    Disatisfaction is among the highest with Z10
    04-10-13 04:08 AM
    I am more than satisfied. I have watched this thread, the reboots which people have experienced I have not. I however had a battery issue which the phone was replaced. Now have a phone where I am more than satisfied.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 04:54 AM
    My Z10 won't open my can of tuna. Guess I will return it as well.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 05:12 AM
    I have a limited edition z10. I like it and all but I will definitely be trading it for a Q10 when they come out. Not really a return in my case, but yea.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 06:34 AM
142 12345 ...