It's anecdotal. I've never known a single person that got a virus on Android. I have over 100 apps on my Nexus 4, have been using Android for 3 years and have never had a problem or even heard of anyone that has gotten a virus. These security companies come out with articles about malware, but there are never stories about hordes of users getting them. I think it would be a bigger story if it was adversely affecting a significant amount of users, but it isn't
    By the time the security companies report any malware it is pretty much dead. The one to worry about is always the one the security researchers have yet to find

Having said that, there has been a significant problem with the cybercriminals targeting (mostly) Android through illegal warez downloads which offer more than it says on the label, and through all the platforms' appstores using apps with hidden extras. The appstores have been pretty good at finding the malware, but the illegal sites have been more difficult to shut down. As usual the key factor tends to be the unpredictable human element ignoring basic safety rules.
    04-11-13 05:45 PM
    Well I returned my Z10 today and I miss it to be honest, but just couldnt deal with the short comings up front. You see i bought my out-right at full retail. I had a 14 day window to decide if i would keep it, loose my refundability and pray BB would issues prompt fixes. I chose to play it safe and return after 3 exchanged devices and multiple reboots.

Im watching.. and if I hear of a software fix being pushed out and some of the bugs being squashed I may be back in line for a 4th.
    Pretty sad,.. you can't stick with it until it's perfect. what if the update rollout doesn't fix the little minute issues. Going to return and wait for #5, or #6, or #7???????? Get my point. Make a choice and stand behind that choice. That is what makes a platform perform and improve. Not ducking and running. Just my 2 cents. I don't have any dimes left or I would say more!! See YA!
    04-11-13 09:23 PM
    I don't think will be true as most people who have a z10 now picked it because that's what they want, so maybe some a small amount will get a Q10 and have both or just one.

I like to have both devices, best of both worlds.
    04-11-13 09:47 PM
    I don't think will be true as most people who have a z10 now picked it because that's what they want, so maybe some a small amount will get a Q10 and have both or just one.

I like to have both devices, best of both worlds.
    Exactly & also remember most people got the phone when it got released. Here in Canada its been already 2 months since it got released. Most of us down here got it within the past 2 months. The return policy is either 15 days or 30 seconds of talk time. Which ever one comes first.
    04-11-13 09:49 PM
    Exactly & also remember most people got the phone when it got released. Here in Canada its been already 2 months since it got released. Most of us down here got it within the past 2 months. The return policy is either 15 days or 30 seconds of talk time. Which ever one comes first.
    30 seconds of talk time!? Wow, that is not very forgiving!!!! Lol Anyway you hit an excellent point, if there were going for be massive returns it would have happened already. I think the market speaks for itself. BlackBerry for years didn't listen to the market about touch screens and it came back to bite them. I had a 8900 and a 9360 (work) but when I started using a MyTouch, I started looking for another touch screen phone. I went with the Nexus 4 and was very happy with it. If BlackBerry would have had one more delay, I would have kept it. Well, needless to say, I have my Z10 longer than 30 seconds :-) and I'm keeping it. I love this keyboard experience so much that I never thought about the Q10. For BlackBerry, I think they were genius with their marketing. Loyal physical keyboard fans were always going to be there, so now they will be rewarded shortly but customers like me might have kept their Nexus or move onto the latest and greatest touch screen.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 05:09 AM
    Pretty sad,.. you can't stick with it until it's perfect. Make a choice and stand behind that choice. Just my 2 cents. I don't have any dimes left or I would say more!! See YA!
    i think I've figured something out. I suspect people like you actually don't have jobs or businesses or social circles. You don't actually have to use your phone except to play games and maybe follow J-Lo on Twitter.

Do you seriously expect a business user to continue to use a phone that doesn't work because...because what? Because he should 'make a choice and stand behind it'??

Just your $0.02...indeed.
    Last edited by mset; 04-12-13 at 06:44 AM.
    dburd411 likes this.
    04-12-13 06:33 AM
    i think I've figured something out. I suspect people like you actually don't have jobs or businesses or social circles. You don't actually have to use your phone except to play games and maybe follow J-Lo on Twitter.

Do you seriously expect a business user to continue to use a phone that doesn't work because...because what? Because he should 'make a choice and stand behind it'??

Just your $0.02...indeed.
    Ther Z10 "doesn't work"? Mine works just fine.
    ErinnM and Blacklatino like this.
    04-12-13 07:18 AM
    Ther Z10 "doesn't work"? Mine works just fine.
    Haven't had any issues with mine.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    04-12-13 07:20 AM
    Haven't had any issues with mine.
    (Sigh...)

Q: What's worse than the mindless 3 post noobs who start obvious troll threads bashing the Z10 when it's clear they don't even own one?

A: People who respond to the mention of known issues by saying 'I'm not having any trouble with mine'.

I'm especially disappointed in you, Erinn, since I've seen some of your posts and you seem fairly rational.

Are you two seriously telling me you're unaware that there are legitimate issues with the phone? That you're unaware of Blackberry's acknowledgment of many of these issues via their 'KB' system of reporting?

The phone is unusable by some people because of hardware/software issues. The two big ones seem to be the SMTP mail bug and the rebooting thing. Both of these make the phone unusable for the owner. Blackberry has acknowledged these issues. In addition, there are tons of little things going on that are multiply confirmed by sane non-trolls in the forums here and elsewhere.

Saying 'I haven't had any issues with mine' when you know others are having legit issues is just so lame. So lame.

I'm a longer term user of BBRY products than either of you. I love the company and want them to succeed.
    Last edited by mset; 04-12-13 at 07:53 AM.
    04-12-13 07:39 AM
    why does the massive returns of Z10 for Q10 hurt blackberry?

suppliers would still have to buy Q10 from blackberry. the ones that are hurting are the sellers of blackberry. if many people do the switch to Q10, it will in fact boost the sales for blackberry and overall good sentiment for the company, no?
    04-12-13 07:45 AM
    (Sigh...)

Q: What's worse than the mindless 3 post noobs who start obvious troll threads bashing the Z10 when it's clear they don't even own one?

A: People who respond to the mention of known issues by saying 'I'm not having any trouble with mine'.

I'm especially disappointed in you, Erinn, since I've seen some of your posts and you seem fairly rational.

Are you two seriously telling me you're unaware that there are legitimate issues with the phone? That you're unaware of Blackberry's acknowledgment of many of these issues via their 'KB' system of reporting?

The phone is unusable by some people because of hardware/software issues. The two big ones seem to be the SMTP mail bug and the rebooting thing. Both of these make the phone unusable for the owner. Blackberry has acknowledged these issues. In addition, there are tons of little things going on that are multiply confirmed by sane non-trolls in the forums here and elsewhere.

Saying 'I haven't had any issues with mine' when you know others are having legit issues is just so lame. So lame.

I'm a longer term user of BBRY products than either of you. I love the company and want them to succeed.
    Thanks for the lecture, dad. I know some people are having issues with rebooting. That doesn't change the FACT that mine NEVER has. Mine is USABLE. Yours may be not.

And to say you're "disappointed" in another poster is still sad.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    04-12-13 05:56 PM
    Why do you post to create flaming?

Why speculate and create rumors?
    04-12-13 06:03 PM
    30 seconds of talk time!? Wow, that is not very forgiving!!!! Lol Anyway you hit an excellent point, if there were going for be massive returns it would have happened already. I think the market speaks for itself. BlackBerry for years didn't listen to the market about touch screens and it came back to bite them. I had a 8900 and a 9360 (work) but when I started using a MyTouch, I started looking for another touch screen phone. I went with the Nexus 4 and was very happy with it. If BlackBerry would have had one more delay, I would have kept it. Well, needless to say, I have my Z10 longer than 30 seconds :-) and I'm keeping it. I love this keyboard experience so much that I never thought about the Q10. For BlackBerry, I think they were genius with their marketing. Loyal physical keyboard fans were always going to be there, so now they will be rewarded shortly but customers like me might have kept their Nexus or move onto the latest and greatest touch screen.

Posted via CB10
    My bad i meant 30 MInutes lol. Yea here in Canada we have 15 day or 30 minute policy. Which ever one comes first. IF you pass the 15 days & 30 minute policy & the phone has a issue, you can return it back to the store within the 30 days & get a new device BUT it has to be the same device you had before.

Agreed tho, if people did not want it & wanted to wait for the Q10, they would have returned it before the policy ended.
    04-12-13 06:10 PM
    (Sigh...)

The SMTP bug has reportedly been rectified in the new update.
    04-12-13 06:21 PM
    The SMTP bug has reportedly been rectified in the new update.
    Yes, I saw some AT&T users are saying it's better now. Not sure if Canadians with the same issue have that fix as well.

Hopefully those experiencing trouble as a result of one of the 3 or 4 BBRY-acknowledged issues will get some help soon. Those experiencing trouble with bugs that haven't been recognized by BBRY yet will have to tough it out.

However, that wasn't the point of the post. The point was that it's an idiotic waste of everyone's time to respond to legit mutliply-confirmed trouble reportage with 'Mine works just fine'.
    Last edited by mset; 04-13-13 at 01:29 AM.
    04-13-13 12:10 AM
    I feel the typing on the Z10 is superior to a physical keyboard in my opinion. I use the two thumb method just like I did on my bold.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 06:29 AM
    Oh look a Detwiler employee

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 02:27 PM
142 ... 456