LOL @ the OP and this thread...just too funny really.
    shnozwo likes this.
    04-10-13 07:14 AM
    I just think that it's great that BB is attracting the free spending money crowd. Anyone who buys a touchscreen a month before the widely advertised keyboard model comes out only to return it for a keyboard version and then post about it, is not terribly wise. As a shareholder, I thank you. Feel free to post about all your misadventures in money spending and do keep buying blackberry.
    BerryWizard likes this.
    04-10-13 08:04 AM
    LOL @ the OP and this thread...just too funny really.
    I totally agree. What a flocking waste of good forum space.
    Creaulx likes this.
    04-10-13 08:11 AM
    I come from an Iphone 5...if you exclude a couple of apps that are missing the Z10 is miles ahead of Iphone..

Posted via CB10
    maddie1128, ray689 and KemKev like this.
    04-10-13 08:38 AM
    I don't see it happening. I have an iphone lll, lV, and a Samsung SGlll. I now have the z10 - which I was going to pass on because of my other touchscreen devices and get the Q10. I've had it for almost two weeks now and loving this device. No going back here. With it being a 1st Generation device, I expected bugs with fixes to follow. BlackBerry could not have delayed this release any longer. Also, all three- iPhone, Samsung and now my BlackBerry z10 have +/- issues. The difference, BlackBerry has a new platform to go with the new and upcoming devices. So, whatever works for you because it's your choice.
    04-10-13 08:47 AM
    i agree also if you don't want it get rid off spare us the details ,but for sure the q10 will not be the finished article either it will be a work in progress ,regardless 2 very nice fones from blackberry
    04-10-13 09:01 AM
    Since the Q10 is coming out soon, people like me will be returning their Z10's within their buyers remorse period, because I still love my BB keyboard, and for a touch screen device I don't need an Android or IOS clone called Z10, I can go directly to IOS or Android. I need my Q10, and my Z10 will go back to where it came from.

Yes, I've used the Z10 for a week now, no big deal, flow is nice, gesture is nice, but it can all be forgiven, apps are still missing like crazy, OS is still much unpolished, many bugs.

Now, let the flaming begin!
    Another stupid post. GET THIS, Z10 and Q10 has the SAME OS.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 09:10 AM
    Well, not sure about how others feel about their Z10 and if they would return it for a Q10... but for you, your timing might be a bit off.

Usually the remorse period is up to 14 days or 30 minutes of talk time (which ever comes first). The Q10 is not set to be released by Rogers until the 29th... more than 14 days from now.

Seeing as you bought yours a week ago, you might run into an issue unless you want to go without a BB10 for awhile... now that would just be crazy.
    04-10-13 09:26 AM
    You know, I was thinking, just because someone posts something on a forum doesn't mean you HAVE to respond. Just let it go....
    04-10-13 09:27 AM
    Personally, I'm afraid of massive wild animals.

Warning: This post in no way contributes to the Thread of Uselessness that it has been posted in.
    rthonpm likes this.
    04-10-13 09:39 AM
    Please give a detailed report of the unpolishedness and the bugs of the OS. I am curious

Since the Q10 is coming out soon, people like me will be returning their Z10's within their buyers remorse period, because I still love my BB keyboard, and for a touch screen device I don't need an Android or IOS clone called Z10, I can go directly to IOS or Android. I need my Q10, and my Z10 will go back to where it came from.

Yes, I've used the Z10 for a week now, no big deal, flow is nice, gesture is nice, but it can all be forgiven, apps are still missing like crazy, OS is still much unpolished, many bugs.

04-10-13 09:49 AM
    +1000 amen
    04-10-13 09:52 AM
    I like turtles.

Posted via CB10
    The chocolate variety or the reptilian variety? ;-)

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    04-10-13 09:53 AM
    I'm afraid of the fact that I ate a whole banana cream pie.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    04-10-13 10:01 AM
    I personally like the chocolate, caramel, pecany variety

The chocolate variety or the reptilian variety? ;-)

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    04-10-13 10:06 AM
    I prefer virtual keyboard over physical keyboard. I'm weird, i know.
    The first touchscreen smartphone I had was Sony Ericsson P900 back in 2005, and the keyboard was slow to use as you have to use the stylus and tap one by one. When the first iPhone was unveiled, i was skeptical of the keyboard and never even considered it. I was given an iPod touch as a gift back in 2010, and I fell in love with the keyboard, then I bought iPhone 3GS, and iPhone 4 after that.
    Since then I have been looking for an all-touch Blackberry with hope of typing experience like the iPhone. The original storm was out of question, the suretype was weird. When blackberry launched Torch 9680, I bought it without even trying it, and was dissapointed. Sold it within weeks, which hold the record as shortest smartphone I have ever had.
    I pre-ordered my Z10 only after reading the review that said it has the best virtual keyboard out there. When I got it, there it is, finally, the virtual keyboard that beat iPhone's. It really is the best virtual keyboard I have ever used. I don't think I will be going to QWERTY ever again.
    Creaulx likes this.
    04-10-13 10:08 AM

its going to be ok sunflower!!! No reason to be afraid, we are here for you!!! Remember when you were afraid of going outside when it was raining or dark outside . Now look at yourself making money, and seizing the day and night, rain or shine!!! You can do it, SH*T you have done it!!! You are the MAN!!!!!
    04-10-13 11:07 AM
    Came from a 9810 with its QWERTY keyboard and was not willing to trade the extra screen real estate for the Q10 keyboard. I am just about as fast now on the virtual keyboard as I was on the hard. Now when I pick up the 9810, it feels odd.
    billsterjito likes this.
    04-10-13 11:09 AM
    I prefer virtual keyboard over physical keyboard. I'm weird, i know.
    The first touchscreen smartphone I had was Sony Ericsson P900 back in 2005, and the keyboard was slow to use as you have to use the stylus and tap one by one. When the first iPhone was unveiled, i was skeptical of the keyboard and never even considered it. I was given an iPod touch as a gift back in 2010, and I fell in love with the keyboard, then I bought iPhone 3GS, and iPhone 4 after that.
    Since then I have been looking for an all-touch Blackberry with hope of typing experience like the iPhone. The original storm was out of question, the suretype was weird. When blackberry launched Torch 9680, I bought it without even trying it, and was dissapointed. Sold it within weeks, which hold the record as shortest smartphone I have ever had.
    I pre-ordered my Z10 only after reading the review that said it has the best virtual keyboard out there. When I got it, there it is, finally, the virtual keyboard that beat iPhone's. It really is the best virtual keyboard I have ever used. I don't think I will be going to QWERTY ever again.
    I remember my first my smartphone was the Sony Ericsson P910i. Using this phone I had such a bad taste with touch screen that I vowed never to get such devices.

Until the BlackBerry Z10 of which I am typing with right now via the CrackBerry app. I used the physical keyboard of the BlackBerry (Bold 9000, Bold 9780). I made the choice to use the BlackBerry Z10 and walk away from the physical keyboard to give the new chapter of BlackBerry the chance it well deserved. Yes, I am a fan of BlackBerry to the core and my reason for that it suits my style.

The new unit may have its difference in the way operates, but it will get even better over time. I will be holding on to this device until that day. I won't be following the trend just to have a new device.

I need a device that can be used without change for 2-3 years and being efficient. The BlackBerry is well versed in this stage to do that.

Apps seem to play a vital roll, but for my style majority are pointless. I am a app user, but via Google Chrome. They are plenty which are worthless. I try to watch the reviews and stick within native apps from companies with long standing reputations. I avoided apps that also just give a slight advantage from the already installed native apps. But it comes back to your style.

For I to tell you or give you the hint to stay or leave the Z10. I think if I have you ate a confused individual if you can't make your own mind decided.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by corrieg; 04-10-13 at 12:21 PM.
    04-10-13 11:54 AM
    I'm not saying it's bad, I understand that it's at version 1.0, and it's new, but I don't see a reason why a full touch screen fan will buy BB over any other touch screen devices.

I understand there is hub, peek and flow, I get that.......It still has other bugs like the browser doesn't render forums and text sites correctly, there are many apps lacking (I personally don't care about apps, but I know most people do, for the apps that I need I have my ipad mini). The dialer sucks on the Z10, the hub has issues. Startup time is bad compared to other platforms (again it's a million times better than before). Google doesn't support this platform at all, I can go on and on....Not all the issues mentioned above are bothering me, but what I am trying to say is that Blackberry has a very tough battlefield to fight and convince people to come over, except the hardcore keyboard fans, which are naturally BB fans.

There is also another issue if BB doesn't release a Playbook soon, people will start tasting the Ipads and Androids, once a BB fan starts tasting the Apps, they want it, most BB fans don't care for apps because they never tasted it, they always knew that they dont have all apps.

Enough said, I will wait out for this bumpy ride, and I wish BB all the best, but they have a tough road ahead.

(P.S. I own 1700 BBRY shares, and I badly want them to succeed)
    I'm both a BlackBerry fan and touch screen fan. I have a torch 9800 torch 9860 and a BlackBerry PlayBook. I have used both android and ios products phones, tablets and in apples case the ipod.

I hated them all especially apple products.
    Well android isn't so bad. I will never switch to either (wp 8 doesn't even exist to me)

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 12:17 PM
    Hmmm...interesting....."I'm thinking of returning my phone because the OS is unpolished, buggy and lacks apps, and decided to pick up another phone with the same OS, because the physical keyboard (which I love) might somehow improve the unpolished, buggy OS and magically give me more apps!"
    Spawn12 and daveshiz like this.
    04-10-13 12:37 PM
    I'm not saying it's bad, I understand that it's at version 1.0, and it's new, but I don't see a reason why a full touch screen fan will buy BB over any other touch screen devices.

I understand there is hub, peek and flow, I get that.......It still has other bugs like the browser doesn't render forums and text sites correctly, there are many apps lacking (I personally don't care about apps, but I know most people do, for the apps that I need I have my ipad mini). The dialer sucks on the Z10, the hub has issues. Startup time is bad compared to other platforms (again it's a million times better than before). Google doesn't support this platform at all, I can go on and on....Not all the issues mentioned above are bothering me, but what I am trying to say is that Blackberry has a very tough battlefield to fight and convince people to come over, except the hardcore keyboard fans, which are naturally BB fans.

There is also another issue if BB doesn't release a Playbook soon, people will start tasting the Ipads and Androids, once a BB fan starts tasting the Apps, they want it, most BB fans don't care for apps because they never tasted it, they always knew that they dont have all apps.

Enough said, I will wait out for this bumpy ride, and I wish BB all the best, but they have a tough road ahead.

(P.S. I own 1700 BBRY shares, and I badly want them to succeed)
    I am a full touch screen fan. That's why I used iPhone before switching to Z10. Because I love virtual keyboard and realize that Z10's predictive keyboard is the best on the market so far, I ditched the iPhone for Z10. Right now, I can type 3 times faster and more accurately than I was on the iPhone keyboard. I don't see a reason why a full touch screen fan will buy BB over any other touch screen devices. So I am the one who is a full touch screen fan buy BB over any other touch screen devices.

I don't understand what bugs you have found on the BB 10 OS. Mine is working seamlessly so far.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    04-10-13 01:02 PM
    well, technically speaking, the Q10 is supposed to launch with 10.1, which is currently different than my Z10 10.0.10.85

... that qualifies as a better OS, I guess?
    04-10-13 02:09 PM

This is some of the dumbest **** I have ever read. This "Much unpolished" Os will be the same in the Q10 and there will be the same "Many bugs". Also it's possible there may be slightly fewer apps on the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 02:55 PM
    please stay polite, he have all the right to express his opinion, although i totally disagree with him it important to stay respectful and if this post offended you this much, i don't understand why you came in it to comment.
    rthonpm likes this.
    04-10-13 03:02 PM
142 ... 23456