I left IOS for the Z10. Some apps have been replaced by my browser. The other ones I can wait for. Navionics maps. I love the phone and won't be dumping it for anything else!

Black Tie Z10
    04-09-13 06:54 PM
    I'm a former longtime RIM employee. I left the organization several months ago to pursue other career opportunities. I have extensive, intimate experience and knowledge of all of BlackBerry's products.

After an anxious wait to get BlackBerry 10 back in my hands, and after being one of the first to buy a very few available units at TMobile, I returned my Z10 today.

The Z10 is a gorgeous, solid piece of hardware. And BlackBerry 10 has great potential. However, I spent the last two weeks separated from my media and disconnected from my work.

The lack of native or even approved ported streaming media apps like Netflix, Spotify, and Hulu+, and lack of communications tools like Skype and Lync didn't keep me moving, it held me back.

I spent $600 for the device and $100 in accessories. But I found myself compromising on quality and completeness at every turn. It simply wasn't an acceptable situation as a consumer and as a business professional.

I had every hope and desire for the Z10 to be remarkable, and in some cases it was. The Hub is amazing. The OS is fluid. But without a more robust catalog of top tier apps and without some maturity under its belt, it just wasn't a wise purchase decision for me right now.

Will I come back? ABSOLUTELY. When BlackBerry 10 and its apps are on par with the competition, I'll be right there. But with a very heavy heart, that's not right now.
    kevinnugent and niss63 like this.
    04-09-13 06:58 PM

I spent $600 for the device and $100 in accessories. But I found myself compromising on quality and completeness at every turn. It simply wasn't an acceptable situation as a consumer and as a business professional.
    Silly question time.....Why make the leap when you knew all those applications were not available????
    04-09-13 07:01 PM
    Silly question time.....Why make the leap when you knew all those applications were not available????
    Silly answer time... dont question him for goodness sake, he said he worked for blackberry... thats an automatic pass i thought....
    04-09-13 07:04 PM
    I too prefer a real keyboard but this z10 is great. As for apps, I do have netflix but I have only used it once. I have an apple tv for that.

I know plenty of people who would love the z10 who use other platforms

Posted via CB10
    Wayne Hessel and SDTRMG like this.
    04-09-13 07:05 PM
    I will be sticking with the Z10, but hey it you can return it for the Q10 go for it!
    04-09-13 07:06 PM
    I see that some people don't understand my point....

I don't care about apps, I want a real BlackBerry and a BlackBerry that has kept me on this platform all those years...I don't care for apps, I don't care About things that 95 % of people do care about.

My point is that IMHO the z10 will do mediocre, but the Q will do much better, and sensing from some of my friends and some threads it looks like there will be massive returns from people like me that tried adapting to the Android clone, but couldn't (again, I understand we have peek, flow, hub but it's still not what most people care about).

Of course it bothers me (and countless others that bis and the track pad were taken away, but the keyboard is still my main concern).

Posted via CB10
    bintheredundat likes this.
    04-09-13 07:07 PM
    Why does anyone need approved ported apps anyway? Sideloaded apps work just fine. The only two I use are Netflix, which I don't use much, and Google Maps, which works very well.

I have everything I need, and even MLB At Bat which is an awesome app.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 07:08 PM
    Dude, the z10 is not an Andriod clone. I have used android and iOS and the z10 is not a clone of either. It is a solid device.

Posted via CB10
    adjdudley21, SDTRMG and zyad like this.
    04-09-13 07:10 PM
    I returned my Z10 and have gone back to my 9900. I was able to transfer all my contacts and calendar to the Z 10 with the new BlackBerry Link, which replaces the BlackBerry Desktop. You can apparently synchronize pictures and music, but you cannot synchronize your contacts, and changes to them, and your calendar, and changes to it, at least by wire to your PC. How could BlackBerry give up something so fundamental to many users? Please don't confuse Synchronization with file copy!
    04-09-13 07:13 PM
    QNX is not a Android clone

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB and SDTRMG like this.
    04-09-13 07:19 PM
    Why did you give up the Z10? I have a BlackBerry 9 series phone, would not go back.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-09-13 07:20 PM
    I like turtles.

Posted via CB10
    Lol classic

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 07:27 PM
    I see that some people don't understand my point....

I don't care about apps, I want a real BlackBerry and a BlackBerry that has kept me on this platform all those years...I don't care for apps, I don't care About things that 95 % of people do care about.

My point is that IMHO the z10 will do mediocre, but the Q will do much better, and sensing from some of my friends and some threads it looks like there will be massive returns from people like me that tried adapting to the Android clone, but couldn't (again, I understand we have peek, flow, hub but it's still not what most people care about).

Of course it bothers me (and countless others that bis and the track pad were taken away, but the keyboard is still my main concern).

Posted via CB10
    I don't agree.

I know that there are many users who are waiting for the Q10, but at this point there seem to be more users who prefer a full-screen phone. Certainly, that has been a factor in defections to Android and iPhone. I think the Q will do very well, if only because we haven't seen a "fully competitive" keyboard phone in a few years now, and some defectors will be won back.

In the meantime, there seem to be at least some Z10 users who are willing to accept that device's virtual keyboard, which is gathering legitimate buzz as the best in the business. I like it a lot, personally, and I came from a 9900. The larger screen is enough to keep me on this full-touch device.

Bear another thing in mind: apparently, nearly half of Z10 buyers have come from other platforms. These users may not have any interest whatsoever in a keyboard model.
    04-09-13 07:31 PM
    Since the Q10 is coming out soon, people like me will be returning their Z10's within their buyers remorse period, because I still love my BB keyboard, and for a touch screen device I don't need an Android or IOS clone called Z10, I can go directly to IOS or Android. I need my Q10, and my Z10 will go back to where it came from.

Yes, I've used the Z10 for a week now, no big deal, flow is nice, gesture is nice, but it can all be forgiven, apps are still missing like crazy, OS is still much unpolished, many bugs.

Now, let the flaming begin!
    Interesting post, but I don't see the basis for your conclusion. For a first generation OS, Blackberry 10 is off to a good start. The Z10 has also received it's share of good reviews and there are many positive aspects that I can think of. Very fast browser, amazing keyboard, the hub, which means I don't have to quit out of apps to see my emails, texts, facebook messages, timeshift on the camera, storymaker, etc.

Sure there are some bugs, but they are being worked on and will become fewer as the product matures. The apps are lacking at the moment and I do see this as an aspect that needs to be improved, but I see the situation improving over time, as I believe that many developers are taking a wait and see approach.

Most of the Z10 owners that I have spoken to are generally happy with their devices. There are some for which it has not worked out, but not in the numbers that would be an indication for the massive return that you are predicting.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    04-09-13 07:31 PM
    I'm really tired of all the flaming that goes on in these forums! The OP was stating that he was having problems with his Z10 and you guys jumped on him like he was sent here to start something. This is the same thing that happened with the 9900, when people posted that they were having the bricking problem everyone said that it was BS. The fact is, the Z10 as did the 9900, have some problems that are huge deal breakers. I have been a huge blackberry fan for years and have just about every model that will work on AT&T, I had to stop using my 9900 and 9860 because they would not stay working enough to use on a daily basis. While I was waiting for the Z10 to be released, I used an old beat up iphone 4, it worked every day without fail. I didn't like it but it was useable. I bought my Z10 and was instantly in love with it but, it started rebooting the second day and continued with at least 2 reboots a day for the next couple of days. I already have 2 new BBs sitting in a drawer, i didn't want another! I guess what I saying is, it doesn't matter if you are the #1 BB fan boy out there, it doesn't change the fact that some of these phones have some serious problems and just because you don't have the problems , doesn't mean that they aren't there! I took my Z10 back and got an iPhone 5. I don't like it but it works. It is in no way better than a Z10, but it works. I have an upgrade on one of my lines coming next month and although I'm so tired of the "wait for the next upgrade, that will fix the problem" mentality of BBs, I'll most likely buy another Z10. I mean, BB knows about the reboot issue and have stated so in a KB article on their web site and still people on this forum think that when someone post that they have reboots and they are gonna have to take the phone back, they are flamed! You know " oh they only have 1 post, they must be a troll" Have you guys ever thought that they were someone new to BB and they just got the phone and came here for some help? Way to get new people to BB, flame the snot outa them just cause theynare new and posted a negative comment. I really want BB to beat out all the other phones out there but this isn't gonna happen if they can't get the phones to work as they should for all people.
    04-09-13 07:49 PM
    If the reason you are returning the Z10 is because, and I quote "apps are still missign like crazy, OS is still much unpolished, many bugs," then you will be disappointed with the Q10 as it is running on the EXACT SAME SOFTWARE.

If you wish to return your Z10 and get a Q10, that's perfectly fine - you won't be the only one. BB will still make money from you. Many others who are outside the remorse period will either have to trade the phone in for credit or sell it privately, in which case the advantage is two-fold. 1) BB makes money twice from the same person; and 2) The Z10 ends up in the hands of someone who otherwise may not have purchased the phone, therby getting the BB name out there even more.

Can you list some of the bugs and tell us what you feel is "unpolished" about the OS? I'm legitimately curious about your thoughts, and wonder if you gave it more time, if some of those misgivings you're feeling would disappear.

P.S. Just FYI, if you're not actually looking to sound like a troll or start a "flame war," perhaps you shouldn't be vague, intentionally confrontational or use phrases like "let the flaming begin!"

JB
    +1
    04-09-13 07:51 PM
    get a better job OP and buy more phones.
    04-09-13 07:52 PM
    I'm keeping my z10 and getting the q10

Posted via CB10
    niss63 likes this.
    04-09-13 07:57 PM
    A very contradictory post.
    The z10 is not a clone of ios. It's anything but.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    My thoughts as well. If OP really thinks Z10 is a clone I would find it hard to believe he owns a 10. I'm not buying this story.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-09-13 07:59 PM
    I'm really tired of all the flaming that goes on in these forums! The OP was stating that he was having problems with his Z10 and you guys jumped on him like he was sent here to start something. .. Have you guys ever thought that they were someone new to BB and they just got the phone and came here for some help? Way to get new people to BB, flame the snot outa them just cause theynare new and posted a negative comment. I really want BB to beat out all the other phones out there but this isn't gonna happen if they can't get the phones to work as they should for all people.
    I don't see any indication of the flaming that you have been describing in this thread. From what I have seen, people, with the exception of 1 or 2, have generally been very respectful to the OP and are simply asking him questions.

Also, I do see some healthy debate, which I think is a good thing, as not everybody is going to agree with his opinion. He does mention "massive returns of the Z10" and obviously people are going to question him on the basis of his conclusion.
    04-09-13 08:01 PM
    One of the funniest posts EVER! ... Apps are lacking, and yet I wanna switch to Q10 which will have even LESS APPS, as most Apps are built for Z10 screen size...

That aside, I am slowly getting used to touchscreen keyboard, it's not going to be as good as physical, EVER, but it's pretty good. On the apps, I am actually not too unhappy coming from 9900, a usable Browser and ability to just look things up, read PDF directly, have a proper map and navigation, great facebook, multimedia experience, etc... completely satisfies 70% of my needs, I honestly don't care about all of those crap apps on iOS, BUT, to get to complete satisfaction, WE MUST get Skype, Pandora or similar, Instagram (for others, I don't use it), and a couple of good quality games (very limited now). So, if they can get us the top 100 apps from 1,000,000 iOS apps, I am good to go! Skype specifically is totally killing me! Even with BB Video, I cannot chat with GF on 9900, maybe BB should release a client for other OS until Skype is here?
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-09-13 08:01 PM
    I really want to return my Z10 because of the massive delays I have once I send a text and the random reboots. I have until Thursday to decide and I want to be loyal, but I'm really feeling like having this phone might be a mistake.
    04-09-13 08:05 PM
    I'm on sprint so no blackberry for me. The OP makes perhaps valid points about the z10 but loses credibility when he says his solution is Turing to the newer perhaps more unpolished phone that oh by the way runs the same OS has the same gestures and will have fewer apps then his current phone. That doesny make sense. Also he then states he wants old school blackberry and they need to remember roots type of talk. Guy if that's the case buy an OS7 blackberry and run with it.

Posted from my ****ty HTCEVO.

If your point was that you returned your z10 because of a flawed OS lack Of apps and no physical keyboard then go to ios or android. Its no secret bb doesn't have a big ecosystem but you knee that going in. You also knew you were buying a full touch device. Which although you may now like the keyboard it is undoubtedly the best available. Android and ios users wonka even fight that, but hey different strokes for different folks.

I hope you happy with the q10 I'm just not sure your stated issues will be fixed.

I'll kill you Leonard Nemoy.
    04-09-13 08:22 PM
    Since the Q10 is coming out soon, people like me will be returning their Z10's within their buyers remorse period, because I still love my BB keyboard, and for a touch screen device I don't need an Android or IOS clone called Z10, I can go directly to IOS or Android. I need my Q10, and my Z10 will go back to where it came from.

Yes, I've used the Z10 for a week now, no big deal, flow is nice, gesture is nice, but it can all be forgiven, apps are still missing like crazy, OS is still much unpolished, many bugs.

Now, let the flaming begin!
    I think this is the most pathetic thing I have ever heard. You sound like you are taking advantage of BB and also your carrier to try out a phone when you knew dam well you were waiting for the Q10. This is extremely pathetic thing to do. Next time go to a store and try it out instead of hurting a company financially by doing this. Karma is a Bi**h and I hope it comes back to you!!!!
    ray689 likes this.
    04-09-13 08:37 PM
142 1234 ...