Since the Q10 is coming out soon, people like me will be returning their Z10's within their buyers remorse period, because I still love my BB keyboard, and for a touch screen device I don't need an Android or IOS clone called Z10, I can go directly to IOS or Android. I need my Q10, and my Z10 will go back to where it came from.

Yes, I've used the Z10 for a week now, no big deal, flow is nice, gesture is nice, but it can all be forgiven, apps are still missing like crazy, OS is still much unpolished, many bugs.

Now, let the flaming begin!
    Narbs likes this.
    04-09-13 04:47 PM
    My only issue with this type of post is when there are no specifics which makes it not overly informative.

I appreciate your opinion but I don't agree with it.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 04:52 PM
    I'am not afraid i take them both.... One for work One for private use...
    04-09-13 04:53 PM
    Who cares aslong as they stay with a BB
    04-09-13 04:55 PM
    A very contradictory post.
    The z10 is not a clone of ios. It's anything but.

If the app availability bothers you... i ask why get the q10 since the results will be the same? Perhaps this platform isn't quite for you yet.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    04-09-13 04:55 PM
    If the reason you are returning the Z10 is because, and I quote "apps are still missign like crazy, OS is still much unpolished, many bugs," then you will be disappointed with the Q10 as it is running on the EXACT SAME SOFTWARE.

If you wish to return your Z10 and get a Q10, that's perfectly fine - you won't be the only one. BB will still make money from you. Many others who are outside the remorse period will either have to trade the phone in for credit or sell it privately, in which case the advantage is two-fold. 1) BB makes money twice from the same person; and 2) The Z10 ends up in the hands of someone who otherwise may not have purchased the phone, therby getting the BB name out there even more.

Can you list some of the bugs and tell us what you feel is "unpolished" about the OS? I'm legitimately curious about your thoughts, and wonder if you gave it more time, if some of those misgivings you're feeling would disappear.

P.S. Just FYI, if you're not actually looking to sound like a troll or start a "flame war," perhaps you shouldn't be vague, intentionally confrontational or use phrases like "let the flaming begin!"

JB
    04-09-13 04:56 PM
    Lordcrankypants typed out what i was thinking. I agree 100%

04-09-13 04:59 PM
    If the reason you are returning the Z10 is because, and I quote "apps are still missign like crazy, OS is still much unpolished, many bugs," then you will be disappointed with the Q10 as it is running on the EXACT SAME SOFTWARE.

If you wish to return your Z10 and get a Q10, that's perfectly fine - you won't be the only one. BB will still make money from you. Many others who are outside the remorse period will either have to trade the phone in for credit or sell it privately, in which case the advantage is two-fold. 1) BB makes money twice from the same person; and 2) The Z10 ends up in the hands of someone who otherwise may not have purchased the phone, therby getting the BB name out there even more.

Can you list some of the bugs and tell us what you feel is "unpolished" about the OS? I'm legitimately curious about your thoughts, and wonder if you gave it more time, if some of those misgivings you're feeling would disappear.

P.S. Just FYI, if you're not actually looking to sound like a troll or start a "flame war," perhaps you shouldn't be vague, intentionally confrontational or use phrases like "let the flaming begin!"

JB
    I wouldn't bother with that--I don't think he really given some serious thought about it..he doesn't make sens...he think having the q10 is better so let him find that one out by himself...of course won't changed as it is the same os
    seacan2 and mookieson like this.
    04-09-13 05:03 PM
    I'm a BB fan for 1 reason (and I'm sure I have many people in my boat)......It's the keyboard......I don't care if Blackberry has a billion subscribers or not, I need my keyboard, because I need to make money on my BB. BB (and of course it's with god's will) has helped me stay productive and make money. The moment Apple or any other Android company releases a GOOD keyboard and makes a unified inbox system, they will have me and my boat switch over to that platform.

Blackberry sells nothing anymore, only the keyboard, you will all see in no time, that my prophecy was correct, I think their huge numbers in sales will be for the keyboard versions.

Why in the world should somebody (I'm not talking about a million or two) buy a BB if not for the keyboard? Of course you will still find people that will buy the non keyboard version, but believe me you will pull up this thread in a couple of years and see that I was right.
    04-09-13 05:04 PM
    Since the Q10 is coming out soon, people like me will be returning their Z10's within their buyers remorse period, because I still love my BB keyboard, and for a touch screen device I don't need an Android or IOS clone called Z10, I can go directly to IOS or Android. I need my Q10, and my Z10 will go back to where it came from.

Yes, I've used the Z10 for a week now, no big deal, flow is nice, gesture is nice, but it can all be forgiven, apps are still missing like crazy, OS is still much unpolished, many bugs.

No flaming just a question. You say the OS is unpolished with many bugs. What makes you think that the one on the Q10 will be any better?

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 05:08 PM
    I'm not saying it's bad, I understand that it's at version 1.0, and it's new, but I don't see a reason why a full touch screen fan will buy BB over any other touch screen devices.

I understand there is hub, peek and flow, I get that.......It still has other bugs like the browser doesn't render forums and text sites correctly, there are many apps lacking (I personally don't care about apps, but I know most people do, for the apps that I need I have my ipad mini). The dialer sucks on the Z10, the hub has issues. Startup time is bad compared to other platforms (again it's a million times better than before). Google doesn't support this platform at all, I can go on and on....Not all the issues mentioned above are bothering me, but what I am trying to say is that Blackberry has a very tough battlefield to fight and convince people to come over, except the hardcore keyboard fans, which are naturally BB fans.

There is also another issue if BB doesn't release a Playbook soon, people will start tasting the Ipads and Androids, once a BB fan starts tasting the Apps, they want it, most BB fans don't care for apps because they never tasted it, they always knew that they dont have all apps.

Enough said, I will wait out for this bumpy ride, and I wish BB all the best, but they have a tough road ahead.

(P.S. I own 1700 BBRY shares, and I badly want them to succeed)
    04-09-13 05:13 PM
    Well I returned mine. Did not like the Android by BlackBerry. Went back to a real BlackBerry 9850. In fact I hate any Android. But if that is not good enough how about constant reboots, headset would not stay connected and wifi not staying connected. On top of that Verizon refused to take the phone back for a swap unless I could demonstrate these intermittent problems. So I told them to keep it. Love being back with a real BlackBerry.
    David Brown 5665 likes this.
    04-09-13 05:36 PM
    I love the Z10 and will not change for Q10.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG, seacan2, daizymom and 1 others like this.
    04-09-13 05:48 PM
    I will buy a Q10 in addition to my Z10.

Just 'cause I want one.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB, samcully, Jacko_au and 3 others like this.
    04-09-13 05:52 PM
    My first thought when seeing the title of this thread was, "Wow, how many did he buy in order to have massive returns? I could only afford 1. "
    04-09-13 06:03 PM

I don't get what you're saying here. You need your Q10 for the keyboard BUT the z10s offer little apps and has a flawed os. Do you think your Q10s keyboard will remedy those issues over and above the z10?
    David Brown 5665 and SDTRMG like this.
    04-09-13 06:13 PM
    I need my Q10, and my Z10 will go back to where it came from.

apps are still missing like crazy, OS is still much unpolished, many bugs.
    Specifically, which apps do you want on your phone that you cant get on the Z10? What makes you think the OS will be more polished on the Q10 (one clue, its the same OS).
    04-09-13 06:17 PM
    Why would someone get the Z instead of the Q if you're a PKB fan? Maybe the OS and where it "can" go. Maybe you still like BBRY and need a larger screen. Maybe you just want a change. There could be several reasons. It'll be interesting to see if the Q does the best out of the 2.
    seacan2 likes this.
    04-09-13 06:22 PM
    I will be passing off my Z10 to my 11 year old and picking up Q10s for my 16 YO daughter and I.
    SDTRMG and seacan2 like this.
    04-09-13 06:23 PM
    You trollin'

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 06:25 PM
    I will be passing off my Z10 to my 11 year old and picking up Q10s for my 16 YO daughter and I.
    Woh! In non related news. Dryden is my fave player. Ever. Go habs!

drydenshabsfan likes this.
    04-09-13 06:26 PM
    Woh! In non related news. Dryden is my fave player. Ever. Go habs!

Thanks I have converted my mom from her Note 2 as of today while we were sitting at the surgeons since I can't drive and she was using my Z10.
    As for Dryden best goalie of all time hats off to Marty though I will say.
    seacan2 likes this.
    04-09-13 06:35 PM
    I like turtles.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 06:36 PM
    I'm not saying it's bad, I understand that it's at version 1.0, and it's new, but I don't see a reason why a full touch screen fan will buy BB over any other touch screen devices.

I understand there is hub, peek and flow, I get that.......It still has other bugs like the browser doesn't render forums and text sites correctly, there are many apps lacking (I personally don't care about apps, but I know most people do, for the apps that I need I have my ipad mini). The dialer sucks on the Z10, the hub has issues. Startup time is bad compared to other platforms (again it's a million times better than before). Google doesn't support this platform at all, I can go on and on....Not all the issues mentioned above are bothering me, but what I am trying to say is that Blackberry has a very tough battlefield to fight and convince people to come over, except the hardcore keyboard fans, which are naturally BB fans.

There is also another issue if BB doesn't release a Playbook soon, people will start tasting the Ipads and Androids, once a BB fan starts tasting the Apps, they want it, most BB fans don't care for apps because they never tasted it, they always knew that they dont have all apps.

Enough said, I will wait out for this bumpy ride, and I wish BB all the best, but they have a tough road ahead.

Yes dialer sucks, (not a bug though) sure the 3 big apps arent there (all said they were coming minus netflix), the hub might have a bug or two tho i have yet to experience anything i couldnt 5swipe and correct.. the start up time is on par with android... and the reason this feels longer is because android allows you to view the OS while still doing functions like media checks, scans etc.. blackberry does it all on the front end.. and it still only takes 2mins at the longest... even the trolls dont complain about that one.... Google does support this device because you can sync completely with google as well as use google talk with hub integration... and use google maps as an app or web app, ... so moot point....

lets see, they havent had a problem getting people to switch considering 50% of all sells were from other platforms.... in my estimation thats more than 500,000 new blackberry subscribers with a staggered release so not even every release made this number... and with that i rest my case...
    bungaboy, skibnik, Jince and 2 others like this.
    04-09-13 06:47 PM

People are buying new and superior OS i.e. BB10. Even with keyboard, people will be buying Q10 because of not only keyboard but also better OS, otherwise there was no reason for Blackberry to come up with new OS. I have never owned BB phone before but first time thinking of buying Blackberry phone and that would be Z10. For most of the new Blackberry users, it will be Z10 without the keyboard.
    04-09-13 06:52 PM
142 123 ...