I have been having a few glitches with my new Z10. Been working with it quite a bit every day for several days. Every smartphone I've ever purchased was a Blackberry. My last was Storm 2, as nothing called to me after that one, until the Z10. Really want to love this. However, because of my issues, I went to 2 Verizon stores. One corporate, one a mall store, who finally indicated they just sell phones.

In both shops, just like always, they diss the Blackberry completely. I mean really bad-mouth them. When I told them I had pre-ordered, and rec'd a new BB Z10, they kind of back off the rhetoric. I'm convinced, however, that if I was in there looking for a smartphone, the Blackberry would be the LAST thing they would push me to. Back when the Playbook came out, and I purchased it new, at full cost at Best Buy, that place, too, bad mouthed the Playbook and asked me why on earth I would do such a thing. Because I have a BB phone and it will sync? (well, not all true, as it turned out). But, I mean, really Blackberry & Verizon, why is so much dislike of Blackberry phones still out there? Why do I have to DEFEND my purchase rather than having an informed employee talking up what I can do with it and how cool it is. Its NOT all about iphone, android or other phones being better or worse. It was my choice and I would like some love for my decision. I'm tired of being looked at funny, when I mention to Verizon employees that I have the Z10. BTW, my Verizon update to Z10 from my Storm2 didn't include a cover, headphones, screen cleaning cloth. Nothing but the phone and a power cord that also opts as a USB cable. When I bought the phone it was available for $169.99, Verizon said, well, it will actually cost you $199.99 to update as Verizon now charges $30 to update any phone, even when, like me, I was well past my 2 year contract update period. I'm going back to a Verizon store soon to decide if I should keep this or move onto another phone, and more importantly, another provider.
    04-04-13 01:30 PM
    The Verizon model still has an update due to bring it up to 10.9.10.x like the other carriers. The update brings a lot of improvements and better battery life. Some of the issues you may be experiencing might be fixed with the update.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 02:00 PM
    only 42 post must be a verizon troll lol
    04-04-13 02:01 PM
    The new update should fix several issues and the main one is the battery life. So far so good on mine!

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 02:02 PM
    As a former Verizon customer of several years have exp. the same negativity. Preorded my Z10 with AT&T on March 13th. Recieved the phone on the 22nd. So far, a great exp. glad I switched. Love my Z10, learn something new everyday. I find the best place for information and support is Crackberry and BBM groups and friends. Z10 is a great device.
    04-04-13 02:04 PM
    I have my z10 with T-Mobile. So far so good, like others have said, and everyone I've shown it to gets very excited about it. I went to a radio Shack looking for cases the other day, and no one there had seen one yet. They were excited to the point that I gave them a demo in the store. The people at the T-Mobile store I bought it from had a good attitude about it too. These were all young people too, so it's not like they were old blackberry addicts or anything.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 06:28 PM
    only 42 post must be a verizon troll lol
    Seriously? Are you seriously going to say that when you have 52 posts? You depress me.

OP, while the employees recieve training that doesn't mean they lose all bias. Like the person I just quoted, no matter how reasonable you are to them, they will continue on with their twisted reasoning. I had a bit better experience at Best Buy and AT&T when I was looking at cases. They asked me how I liked it and the guy at Best Buy said he just got one and really liked it. The AT&T guy said that he never saw a white one before. It is sad but no matter how much knowledge you drop on them they will continue to think in their original way
    04-04-13 06:48 PM
    You have come to the right place to research about what works and what doesn't work on the Z10; more importantly, the issues that will be solved with the highly-anticipated 10.1 software update. So I think you should not bother about what the phone sales people think. I was the first customer at my carrier's shop and they hadn't had any experience with it other than setting the demo phone up. I handled it and the mist important thing I tested was the keyboard. I opened an email page to compose and wanted to see how fast I could type. Afterall, I was moving from a Bold 9900. The physical qwerty was my life! That trial won me over. The best touchscreen keyboard I've ever handled. The rest is history.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 07:01 PM