You may have come across my rebooting saga, but I just had the worst reboot experience ever. I had just launched BBM and put my phone down. When I turned back to it, I saw the BlackBerry logo and boot screen. Nothing new, but then it proceeded to reboot at least 3 times without even getting halfway through the reboot sequences. Fortunately, it did eventually make it back.

Any ideas as to whether this is a very bad sign and I should expect something very bad to happen soon?
    07-13-14 10:21 PM
    Sounds like a faulty battery try cleaning it or even better replacing it. Backup and Format your phone installing a clean OS should ensure it isn't corrupted in some way.
    07-13-14 10:22 PM
    Make sure your battery is in there good and tight also,
    07-13-14 10:33 PM
    I doubt it's the battery contacts because I actually have a new one that I got with the charger bundle. And it doesn't reboot if I run with the phone.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-14-14 10:07 AM
    Install any new android apps lately?
    07-14-14 11:22 AM
    I doubt it's the battery contacts because I actually have a new one that I got with the charger bundle. And it doesn't reboot if I run with the phone.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    So your saying it happens only with one battery and not the other
    07-14-14 11:32 AM
    There's another thread where someone said removing and re-inserting their sim and SD cards solved their rebooting problem. Might be worth a try.
    07-14-14 12:30 PM
    So your saying it happens only with one battery and not the other
    Definitely not. I had issues at the start with the original battery. I then picked up a charger pack and swapped batteries...same thing.

As for SIM and SD cards, it makes no difference. I have tried running SD-free and have swapped SIMs when travelling. If I had a backup phone I'd try running on wifi only.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-15-14 09:11 AM
    Hey Deltact, the same thing happened to my Z10 about a month ago... after being incredibly stable for a long time, the phone rebooted itself three consecutive times one day. I have not had any problems since then... no reboots. Weird.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 09:28 AM
    As has been stated, be sure your battery is snug. I had rebooting issues and though my battery looked like a tight fit, adding just a tiny piece of a business card to shim stopped my reboots.
    07-15-14 09:37 AM
    what os are you on? I am on 296 hybrid and when using the latest BBM from 700 I have constant reboots. Had to downgrade to the BBM on BB world

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-15-14 09:42 AM
    10.2.1.3247. Oh well, if the phone dies after the Passport is available, then maybe it's easier to justify my purchase to the wife.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-18-14 08:57 PM
    Here's the deal, as people continue to make these threads. It's the battery, but it's the phones fault. There is a manufacturer defect here, causing excessive heat from poor thermal paste which in turn makes the battery go bad in time. Not that much time either. I've personally resolved this issue by re-applying thermal paste appropriately and getting a new battery.
    07-18-14 09:28 PM
    Here's the deal, as people continue to make these threads. It's the battery, but it's the phones fault. There is a manufacturer defect here, causing excessive heat from poor thermal paste which in turn makes the battery go bad in time. Not that much time either. I've personally resolved this issue by re-applying thermal paste appropriately and getting a new battery.
    I followed your thread on this and it's a pretty reasonable conclusion. Things were great for about a month after I got a new battery. I think the Z10 has a particular problem with heat dissipation, even with properly applied thermal paste because the rubbery coating on the back probably acts as a great insulator.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    07-18-14 09:39 PM