My first post ever on any message board so bear with me. Just curious on everybody's reasons for owning a Z10 if it is brand loyalty to Blackberry or because you believe it is truly a better phone. Me personally it is a little of both. Two factors helped me choose my Z10 over an iPhone 5. 1. Blackberry phones have never done me wrong. 2. I believe it's just a better phone overall. What's your opinions?

Posted via CB10
    zlatno, RoccoI and 1shady_llama like this.
    10-07-13 09:37 AM
    Brand loyalty. Cool phone too. Sad to say there aren't enough apps, I just thought there would be a load of them on launch.

Posted via CB10
    kcstrike likes this.
    10-07-13 09:43 AM
    Brand loyalty, liked the Z10, and bought it outright for half the price of an iPhone

Posted via CB10
    BlackberryNerd likes this.
    10-07-13 09:43 AM
    Best out-of-the-box phone available in terms of total UX. The only downside was the apps and I believed they would come.

Check out my AZ MTB Channel C0006F5EB
    KemKev and kcstrike like this.
    10-07-13 09:45 AM
    Both.

Posted via SEGA master system
    10-07-13 09:45 AM
    I have to agree with you. It's both. I truly believe that the z10 is better than the iPhone and if the playing field was level the market would share that idea as well.

On the fast Z10
    QtHelex likes this.
    10-07-13 09:47 AM
    best phone, fresh OS, powerfull tool, for apps most are coming with the next 10.2 OS update
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    10-07-13 09:51 AM
    Both. I thought it would be the best phone because BlackBerry had so much riding on it they would pull out all the stops and do it right. What we didn't know about was all the infighting and the secret change in direction they were planning. And that so many developers would refuse or ignor developing or even porting apps for BB10.

Posted via Z10
    afl777 likes this.
    10-07-13 10:00 AM
    Welcome. I really have no brand loyalty as this is my first BBerry. I'm with T-Mo usa, so also looked at Nokia/WP, HTC One and iPhone. iPhone would not allow wifi-calling and I hate Apple's "lock-out" mentality. HTC, like Apple, had no SD slot and no changeable battery. I need wifi-calling, removable SD and removable battery. That left the Z10 and the Nokia. However, the real bottom line was, of ALL the phones I tested I just liked the feel and setup of the Z10 best of all, so it was just a huge plus that it also met my other demands. The Z10 keyboard is unmatched and the hub is brilliant. So, IMHO, it is clearly the best smart phone out there. Again, zero brand loyalty.
    10-07-13 10:02 AM
    Both! I never would have bought the phone if I wasn't loyal to BlackBerry, AND I would not still be using the Z10 if I didn't like it. And I love it.
    So the only question now is, do I really need the Z30. The Z10 does what I need, but the Z30 just won't stop coming on to me.
    10-07-13 10:06 AM
    A little of both for me. Its is brand loyality and I feel its a very good phone. Although, I do have an iPhone 5 and a Droid Razr HD LTE that I switch between... I get bored way too often.
    I wish the active frame for the phone would just close automatically when I end a call. No need to keep that frame active.
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    10-07-13 10:08 AM
    Both..BB was my first "smart" phone with the 9630, then the 9650, then the 9930, so the Q10 was a logical progression. I'll admit I did take some heat from coworkers when I had the older BBs, but even the guy with the new S4 now admits my phone will do everything his will, plus some. Only issue is screen size, but that's my choice. It's big enough for what I do (not a lot of media streaming) and if I was interested in primarily that I'd pick up a Z30.

So loyalty first, and now OS after having used it.
    Last edited by PJD642; 10-07-13 at 10:11 AM. Reason: spelling fail
    Jrox74 likes this.
    10-07-13 10:10 AM
    I wish the active frame for the phone would just close automatically when I end a call. No need to keep that frame active.
    I can see where you're coming from, but by the same token if it did close immediately there'd be plenty of people (like me) annoyed that it did so. I often find myself ending a call with one person and then immediately calling someone else to relay info. If I had to restart the phone app every time that'd be annoying too. It's a trade off since we don't have a physical "phone" button any more.
    10-07-13 10:13 AM
    Honestly - I bought it because I find the OS is the best available. I don't care for the iOS or Android. I find BB10 to be more user friendly, and flows much better for what I use it for (work and play). When I grab my son's ipod, I get frustrated with it's limitations, compared to what BB10 does. I have no idea what I'd do if BB went away, and BB10 disapeared. I guess I'd have to get over my frustrations with the other OS's, as I won't have a choice.
    Ben1232 and gfondeur like this.
    10-07-13 10:29 AM
    Welcome. I really have no brand loyalty as this is my first BBerry. I'm with T-Mo usa, so also looked at Nokia/WP, HTC One and iPhone. iPhone would not allow wifi-calling and I hate Apple's "lock-out" mentality. HTC, like Apple, had no SD slot and no changeable battery. I need wifi-calling, removable SD and removable battery. That left the Z10 and the Nokia. However, the real bottom line was, of ALL the phones I tested I just liked the feel and setup of the Z10 best of all, so it was just a huge plus that it also met my other demands. The Z10 keyboard is unmatched and the hub is brilliant. So, IMHO, it is clearly the best smart phone out there. Again, zero brand loyalty.
    All the above plus BlackBerry love.

Did get a galaxy note once but ended up giving it away as I could not deal with the Android thing. Always had keyboard BB's never in a million years would I of thought that I would get a touch screen BB, was hanging in for the Q10 but loving this Z10 and glad I got it as it meets all my needs and more, so impressed with it especially the super efficient and slick keyboard. Nuf said ;-)

Posted from my Z10 (very smart phone)
    10-07-13 10:30 AM
    Both. The Z10 was not my first BB. I have looked at other phones; however IMHO there is not a better phone on the market. I know there are those who are critical of the app eco-system for BB, but the phone does everything that I need it to do and does it extremely well.
    10-07-13 10:32 AM
    Both for me as all. I have had the Torch, Storm. & now Z10. It is a great phone and I tried quite a few before picking the Z10. My Z10 rocks and fits my needs better than anything else & the new bridge with my playbook is great. I just hope BlackBerry gets its act together. Because it is a shame that people don't know what a great phone the Z10 is and that BB10 is a great OS that will only continue to get better. Rocking with. My Z10 & 64gb playbook.
    10-07-13 10:35 AM
    Both but mostly because the phone is just awesome.
    10-07-13 10:35 AM
    Feels real cozy in this thread.

Brand loyalty and great phone.

Go BB!
    bigedschukar and blutricky like this.
    10-07-13 10:39 AM
    I suppose to some degree, it's about brand loyalty, but when I picked up my first BlackBerry, I was amazed at how easy it was to learn and how reliable it was/is. I've tried Android and iPhones but I always come running back to my BB! It just works.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    10-07-13 10:45 AM
    I find z 10 really good os blackberry system 10.2 is awesome when i use it , it s intuitive and fast when i browse on it, the z10 os bb 10.2 for me is better than ios 7 iphone ,and the feature is better. the problem is blackberry world there aren't enough apps on it ,why blackberry don't create a partnership with google for an access to google play for this apps what do you think?
    bspence87 likes this.
    10-07-13 10:45 AM
    For me it was a bit of both, I have been using BB for a long time, but my Work forced me to use a Galaxy S3. As soon as I tried out the BB Z10, I knew it was the better phone, easier to use, longer battery life, just the right size and the Hub is the best thing ever for organizing multiple email addresses, accounts, and all other forms of social communication.

MrVermin
    10-07-13 10:47 AM
    Welcome op,

When I was looking to buy my first smartphone I didn't know too much about them. It was between the Torch 9800 or the iphone. I chose the 9800 and am glad that I did. So for me it's brand loyalty since then (9800/9900/9900/ PlayBook / PlayBook / 9000 / R900 / Z10 / Q10 / Q10) and the fact that I personally find BB10 easier than ios or android to be more fluid and eaiser to navigate is just a coincidence that BlackBerry made it.

The shape of the Galaxy phones are slippery & awkward along with their buttons unnaturally right at the bottom.

Iphones, just Meh !

The negativity towards BlackBerry10 seems to be either management, lack of apps, or lack of Fashion Appeal.

Posted via my CB Q10
    10-07-13 10:52 AM
    Better phone, brand loyalty, cheaper than iPhone, less malware than Android.
    I rarely do things for just one reasone.
    nevertoofar likes this.
    10-07-13 10:54 AM
    A bit of both for me.

Plus, I don't care for the "Apple" way at all (products look nice, but that's all I'll give them). And I don't ever want to have to have a Gmail account just to have an android phone (I believe it to be simply a ploy to boost their account numbers - even if you never intend to ever use it - and I won't fall for it)

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 11:04 AM
194 123 ...