Other people can start saying this too. Do I have to be the only one"? Just go to ebay and buy a 10 dollar Rogers sim card and get your update. Delete two rogers apps , reload your accounts if needed and your done. I redid one email account just for the hell of it. 2-3 days to settle . Perfect, love the Z10! Stop complaining , just go get a sim card. its damn near the same experience and result if it was coming from att.
    Have you considered some may not want to pay for sim card or maybe some can't. In either case why should paying customers pay for an update that the carrier is suppose to release or at least should be.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 10:26 PM
    So why is it fair that people in the US who visit crackberry and know about this whole leak buisness get to use the newest and greatest blackberry 10 while the rest (which i assume greatly outnumber us due to the recent sales and discounts the Z10 has been offered at) have to continue on using a build that was always meant to be, and has been, improved greatly by hardworking blackberry techs? Its not fair to the consumers or to blackberry trying to rebuild their brand name and following.

Where I live, Sprint, T-mobile have no service. Verizon has one bar of 2g outside. With ATT I get 4 bars of LTE inside my house. Dont get me wrong I am very happy with ATT coverage around here.

However, that isnt an excuse to not push updates to me only because of the device i choose to use.

I dont have a PC, ive had no reason to get one for two reason, no broadband has ever been availble in the area I live, unless you count satellite at broadband, which I dont. And 2, I own a Z10 and I havent found anything (other than loading leaked OS) that i cant do on it. The only way I could even use a PC at my house would be using it off the hotspot on my Z10 which is really going to make it difficult to load a leak.

In fact, when (or should I say if) the official update gets pushed OTA i will have to go find a mcdonalds or someplace with free wifi to even be able to download (which i will happily do)

If you know a way I can load a leak other than OTA pleaaaase let me know, trust me im far past the point of waiting just because of the principle.

Posted via CB10
    Very well said!

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 10:30 PM
    Verizon is no better btw
    02-15-14 10:31 PM
    twbtr, once you download the leak onto a PC you don't need an active internet connection until your phone reboots upon completion of your "upgrade". And after my "upgrade" yesterday if you don't use sachesi to do your installs, then you are really doing yourself a disservice. From beginning to end it took between 2-3 hours. and more then an hour of that was doing a back-up.
    02-15-14 10:46 PM
    Verizon is no better btw
    I am sure all the major Carriers in the U.S are only in it for themselves.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 10:46 PM
    I agree with the OP.

And before anyone claims that we should have installed leaks, please consider the following:

1. Not all of us have time for a destructive leak. (I've had 10.2 and 10.2.1 leaks before -- it takes several hours.)
    2. Not all of us has a PC at our disposal.

I'd switch if it weren't for AT&T's superior coverage. It's also not like Verizon gets updates much faster than we do.

Posted via CB10
    Sachesi is non destructive

? Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 on ATT ?
    02-15-14 11:02 PM
    Do not use mcdonalds wi-fi... no matter how good your virus protection is.
    And, because of the poor reception you receive you won't fare well OTA. The slightest glitch can corrupt files!

And what's wrong with satellite? I live in ALASKA. I'm on AT&T! Thanks to satellites!!
    Maybe it's time you thought about a computer and satellite coverage.

Or....Get someone to download what you need onto a flash drive and send it to you and borrow a friends PC!
    That would be the safest way to go in your situation.
    But, I can't stress enough about the dangers of using free public wi-fi.

Don't even think about it! Really!

The only way to BEST install an update is with a cable... Device to PC!
    From what ive seen from neighbors, satellite internet is slow and unstable. With LTE access here now I really dont need all that extra equipment, if I need internet I will use the hotspot on my Z. But thanks for the heads up on public wifi, ive always used if without thinking much about it.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 11:16 PM
    twbtr, once you download the leak onto a PC you don't need an active internet connection until your phone reboots upon completion of your "upgrade". And after my "upgrade" yesterday if you don't use sachesi to do your installs, then you are really doing yourself a disservice. From beginning to end it took between 2-3 hours. and more then an hour of that was doing a back-up.
    So in theory, i could download the leak using sachesi, over the hotspot on my Z, then turn off my hotspot and load the leak from a cpu to my Z.... that sounds promising.... gonna use a lot of data, but very worth it after this wait...

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 11:19 PM
    So in theory, i could download the leak using sachesi, over the hotspot on my Z, then turn off my hotspot and load the leak from a cpu to my Z.... that sounds promising.... gonna use a lot of data, but very worth it after this wait...

Posted via CB10
    You can theorize for all the good it;ll do you.

But i can only say what works for me.
    I got my Z10 the day it was released to market.
    Since then, I have installed every single Upgrade offered by CrackBerry, downloading through Mega and using BB Link.
    I have never had so much as one single issue, ever! No battery problems, no disappearing contacts... Nothing.

So why is it, so many have issues with the same software I and hundreds of others have used successfully?
    Simply, because, you don't take ALL the factors into consideration.
    And most of those factors have to do with your computers the OS version on your PC, the condition of your computer along with bandwidth speed and internet access!
    Most of what I read of others who suggest other options can't say that they don't have issues... problems with their devices.
    and, waiting more than an hour(TOP) to complete the entire process is ludacris.

I DO hope that whatever you decide to do works for you.
    But, while "in Theory" may look good on paper, a theory is still nothing more than a hopeful guess!.
    02-16-14 03:10 AM
34 12