This is getting ridiculous now. The 10.2.1 update has been out for awhile. And all over the world the update has been push to carriers. And now we still haven't gotten it. Its like AT&T despises blackberry users This is very sad. AT&T and other US carriers need to fix this is now it not all about android and iphone. SMH. Such a shame.

Posted via CB10
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    02-15-14 08:35 AM
    Totally agree with you.
    02-15-14 08:40 AM
    ATT is all about making money. There is little monetary incentive for a new OS just now. Would be better if BlackBerry took over the process.

Via CB10. Bits, C000C6078 for links to science and technology posts and world news.
    02-15-14 08:58 AM
    ATT is all about making money. There is little monetary incentive for a new OS just now. Would be better if BlackBerry took over the process.

Via CB10. Bits, C000C6078 for links to science and technology posts and world news.
    I agree BlackBerry should take over the update process and they slowly are. But why is it that practically every other carrier can get it out weeks or even months before the American ones.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 09:07 AM
    I would be very interested in the terms of AT&T contract with Apple. Would not be surprised if has a lot of anti competitive clauses.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 02:14 PM
    AT&T will be impacted in the wallet in the future if Verizon becomes an active BB supporter by releasing updates. T Mobile gained some movement with their no contract but they too are failing to release any updates. If BB wants to have any type of reputation in the USA then they need to take some type of action. They may get enterprise customers to sign up but those people still have to use one of the carriers for daily service. Enterprise may hesitate knowing that no carrier in USA seems to have 1% interest in supporting BB on their networks. Once again it is time to suggest for the world to establish a world wide carrier that provides service to every country so that we are not held hostage to the US carriers anymore
    02-15-14 02:23 PM
    So no eta yet for att customers?

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 04:42 PM
    It's definitely a problem
    02-15-14 04:51 PM
    I'm not saying you all don't have reason to be frustrated.
    I hear a lot about how people HATE AT&T!

What I don't understand is why anyone would stay and support a company that they hate so much!
    (That's not a question)
    It's just an observation. I just don't see how all this speculation of "If's" and "when" is a constructive way to deal with the situation. It sure isn't helping.

I respect your choice for waiting for an "Official" release but if you've been around here long enough, than you know that what we call "Leaks" ends up to be the Official OS every time.
    The ONLY difference is that with the Official release you get the carriers adware/ bloatware which you'll end up deleting anyway.

I've been with AT&T for about 8 years. I've updated with each "Leak" and never had a support problem with them.
    Install the Official OS which is offered right here and start enjoying your devices!
    andreirad likes this.
    02-15-14 05:02 PM
    It's because they have the best network connection. Get service in places that Verizon doesn't
    02-15-14 05:10 PM
    It's because they have the best network connection. Get service in places that Verizon doesn't
    Well, for all the grief it seems to be causing you and the fact that you're not taking full advantage of the Limited service (by way of, dare I say, LEAKS)
    you may as well go with Verizon. You'd have a fully functional, up-to-date mobile device and then you could concentrate on complaining about the poor Network Connectivity!

Sounds like a pretty good trade off to me!
    02-15-14 05:48 PM

What I don't understand is why anyone would stay and support a company that they hate so much!
    (That's not a question)
    It's just an observation. I just don't see how all this speculation of "If's" and "when" is a constructive way to deal with the situation. It sure isn't helping.

I respect your choice for waiting for an "Official" release but if you've been around here long enough, than you know that what we call "Leaks" ends up to be the Official OS every time.
    The ONLY difference is that with the Official release you get the carriers adware/ bloatware which you'll end up deleting anyway.

I've been with AT&T for about 8 years. I've updated with each "Leak" and never had a support problem with them.
    Install the Official OS which is offered right here and start enjoying your devices!
    The fact of a termination fee is holding me back from leaving. I had to renew a 2yr contract to get my lovely z10. For my area the service is good. But I dislike there customer service a lot.
    02-15-14 05:56 PM
    Other people can start saying this too. Do I have to be the only one"? Just go to ebay and buy a 10 dollar Rogers sim card and get your update. Delete two rogers apps , reload your accounts if needed and your done. I redid one email account just for the hell of it. 2-3 days to settle . Perfect, love the Z10! Stop complaining , just go get a sim card. its damn near the same experience and result if it was coming from att.
    02-15-14 06:56 PM
    I agree with the OP.

And before anyone claims that we should have installed leaks, please consider the following:

1. Not all of us have time for a destructive leak. (I've had 10.2 and 10.2.1 leaks before -- it takes several hours.)
    2. Not all of us has a PC at our disposal.

I'd switch if it weren't for AT&T's superior coverage. It's also not like Verizon gets updates much faster than we do.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 07:13 PM
    If it's taking "several hours" you're doing several things wrong!

Here's all the time it took.
    23 minutes and 33 seconds!

Software: 10.2.1.2102
    OS ver: 10.2.1.2141
    Radio: 10.2.1.2142

Z10 FROM 10.2.1.1925 start to finish: 10.2.1.2141/2142 using BB Link
    Downloaded from Mega: 6 min. 24 sec.
    FULL backup with BB Link: 4:46
    Install Autoloader: 2:31
    Reboot: 2:47
    Restore: 4:24
    final reboot: 2:21
    TOTAL: 23 minutes, 33 seconds

This update is Mainly fixes.
    Full Voice Control Recognition fixed!
    As expected, no Porsche Clock or Face recog. in camera (reinstalled) bars through Sachesi.
    Battery shows 23 hours (already)

The time it takes is dependant on many factors.
    What's your CPU speed.
    How much memory (RAM) do you have.
    What's your Bandwidth speed?

And, your "destructive" leak is EXACTLY the same as the official release. minus the carriers bloatware!
    So.. you don't have time or you don't have a computer. Which is it?

Sounds like you've never actually tried installing a leak and are just quoting things you've read!
    I DO understand your frustration but if you've been around here long enough, then you KNOW, that Crackberry would not release anything destructive.

The destruction comes from people not following directions and not considering ALL the factors.
    But, it's easier to just blame problems on the things you (generally speaking) don't understand.

So, while the majority of folks are enjoying their devices to the fullest... I can still respect you wanting to wait and wait and wait!
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 02-16-14 at 05:25 PM.
    gfondeur likes this.
    02-15-14 07:21 PM

(That's not a question)

So why is it fair that people in the US who visit crackberry and know about this whole leak buisness get to use the newest and greatest blackberry 10 while the rest (which i assume greatly outnumber us due to the recent sales and discounts the Z10 has been offered at) have to continue on using a build that was always meant to be, and has been, improved greatly by hardworking blackberry techs? Its not fair to the consumers or to blackberry trying to rebuild their brand name and following.

Where I live, Sprint, T-mobile have no service. Verizon has one bar of 2g outside. With ATT I get 4 bars of LTE inside my house. Dont get me wrong I am very happy with ATT coverage around here.

However, that isnt an excuse to not push updates to me only because of the device i choose to use.

I dont have a PC, ive had no reason to get one for two reason, no broadband has ever been availble in the area I live, unless you count satellite at broadband, which I dont. And 2, I own a Z10 and I havent found anything (other than loading leaked OS) that i cant do on it. The only way I could even use a PC at my house would be using it off the hotspot on my Z10 which is really going to make it difficult to load a leak.

In fact, when (or should I say if) the official update gets pushed OTA i will have to go find a mcdonalds or someplace with free wifi to even be able to download (which i will happily do)

If you know a way I can load a leak other than OTA pleaaaase let me know, trust me im far past the point of waiting just because of the principle.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 07:45 PM
    Do not use mcdonalds wi-fi... no matter how good your virus protection is.
    And, because of the poor reception you receive you won't fare well OTA. The slightest glitch can corrupt files!

And what's wrong with satellite? I live in ALASKA. I'm on AT&T! Thanks to satellites!!
    Maybe it's time you thought about a computer and satellite coverage.

Or....Get someone to download what you need onto a flash drive and send it to you and borrow a friends PC!
    That would be the safest way to go in your situation.
    But, I can't stress enough about the dangers of using free public wi-fi.

Don't even think about it! Really!

The only way to BEST install an update is with a cable... Device to PC!
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 02-15-14 at 08:06 PM.
    02-15-14 07:52 PM
    Do not use macdonalds wi_fi
    Thanks for the tip, whys that?

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 07:52 PM
    Thanks for the tip, whys that?

Posted via CB10
    Because there is no security in place. Anyone can access your device.
    It's called Cybercrime!
    02-15-14 08:11 PM
    That statement is partially true and the reverse could be said for all companies. Overall, Verizon has more 4GLTE nationwide, but yes there are places where AT&T has coverage and Verizon has none and vice versa. I work for the 5th largest pharma company in the US. We have approximately 12,000 iPads and 12,000 BlackBerry devices (some still legacy, mostly Q10's). The company issues your device the network with best coverage in your field based territory. 70% of devices are on Verizon network. Mine I had the choice because both provided great coverage. I chose Verizon at the time, it was nothing against AT&T

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    02-15-14 08:24 PM
    He'll with their customer service. Great connection and I use leaks! I would like to see more support of BlackBerry but, if they don't want to do it... Things are changing and I hope I'm around for them.

Z10 (STL 100-3) Superphone with vitamin 10.2.1.1925
    02-15-14 09:00 PM
    All OS releases to be done by the end of February.

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    02-15-14 09:21 PM
    Because there is no security in place. Anyone can access your device.
    It's called Cybercrime!
    Use VPN when on public Wi-Fi. Witopia and PureVPN support BB10.

Z10 STL100-3 |10.2.1.2141 | Bell | CB10
    02-15-14 09:44 PM
    All OS releases to be done by the end of February.

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    Winter, Jan 29th, Feb. 10th, end of Feb. Those have been the dates we will "have" it by. ATT biding their time till they can say the Z10 is obsolete and thus doesnt warrant the cost of an update, thats honestly what I feel like this is coming to at this point.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 09:46 PM
    Well, for all the grief it seems to be causing you and the fact that you're not taking full advantage of the Limited service (by way of, dare I say, LEAKS)
    you may as well go with Verizon. You'd have a fully functional, up-to-date mobile device and then you could concentrate on complaining about the poor Network Connectivity!

Sounds like a pretty good trade off to me!
    Another reason is some customers have grandfathered unlimited data plans which they don't want to give up. Surely it's not unlimited they throttle you after a while but it is peace of mine knowing AT&T cannot charge for overage.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 10:23 PM
34 12