My Z10 had 2 reboots in early stage, possibly by some apps conflicts. No more roboots after cleaning up those unwanted apps, but c'mon..so what if need reboot? My iphone and ipad need reboots, all my phones and previous bbrys need reboot ocassionally, my windows need reboot, so what?

Whether the gadget works or not, it is up to the person who uses it. Z10 is not perfect but none is.
    Needing reboots is not the problem, random reboots are.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 03:15 AM
    Could random reboots happen to prevent it from being hanged due to apps conflicts?
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-20-13 03:26 AM
    And apps are sneaky too, had Battery Guru, BBM and LinkedIn quietly close on me.

Posted via CB10
    That would be an indication that your phone is rebooting. That's what first made me notice the issue for me. Open apps would be closed when I used the went to use the phone.

Mike posted via CB10
    04-20-13 05:31 AM
    Did they explain why some reboot and some don't?

Posted via CB10
    The technical explanation would be **** happens

Mike posted via CB10
    04-20-13 05:32 AM
    Why would you reboot it manually? Nothing in the os requires a manual restart
    Yea the OS may be happy, but sometimes an app isn't. I kept trying to edit a contact, and every time I hit the edit (pencil icon) the contacts app would just close. Without a task viewer (I mean a real one like running top or ps -uax) to see what is *actually* running, I am not sure things always close correctly all the time.

A reboot sorted me, and I edited the contact and went on about my business. I've had to do it with SayIt before too when it stopped processing my requests. QNX is fantastic, but I don't know what state the app has to be in before QNX will silently kill and restart it. These are all guesses; I have no real idea how QNX determines app misbehavior.

We need a good task viewer/killer.

To OP. Well goody for you! If you had a phone that "rebooted" randomly, you would understand the whole reboot issue, and you would be quite annoyed. I dropped my Z10 once, but it was my replacement Z10, that hasn't rebooted, and is still fine. The first one was fresh and sparking clean. It just liked to reboot. Your post serves no purpose.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    04-21-13 06:51 PM
    I just got my third one today and I am on T Mobile and it froze up when I was responding to a BBM group message, then restarted on its own.

I was plugged into the charger when it happened which leads me to believe it might be a hardware problem when the charger is plugged in?

I am sticking with it though, because I do like the phone and I am patiently waiting for the next major update.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 07:14 PM
    Is it a Verizon issue? Mine is on T-Mobile, not a single problem here. It did restarted itself once, when I finished sideloding Netflix (which I yet have to use), Instagram and Google Maps in that order. That was that and that was it.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 07:41 PM
    That would be an indication that your phone is rebooting. That's what first made me notice the issue for me. Open apps would be closed when I used the went to use the phone.

Mike posted via CB10
    After those apps closed, I checked the boot time with the last recorded boot time (I make notes of boot time in Remember) and the boot time hadn't changed.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 05:54 PM
    those of us with "rebooting" issues don't understand it either.
    eninrebmun likes this.
    04-22-13 06:04 PM
    I have an AT&T with the latest OS and it reboots too, so definitely not a Verizon only issue.

It looks like a few people have said Blackberry has admitted its a software issue, so is this a fact? Is it going to be resolved in 10.1? It's a pretty frustrating issue, and at first I had the same attitude as the OP - what is everyone talking about, my phone doesn't random reboot. Then when it start happening, you're like - WTF??? It's definitely frustrating to be on the phone, or listening to music, or whatever and have your phone reboot. Not cool at all. Even though the phone reboots way faster than the 9900, these are issues I wish we were done with. Still love the Z10, but things like this make it lose its shine a bit.
    04-22-13 06:33 PM
    Yea the OS may be happy, but sometimes an app isn't. I kept trying to edit a contact, and every time I hit the edit (pencil icon) the contacts app would just close. Without a task viewer (I mean a real one like running top or ps -uax) to see what is *actually* running, I am not sure things always close correctly all the time.

A reboot sorted me, and I edited the contact and went on about my business. I've had to do it with SayIt before too when it stopped processing my requests. QNX is fantastic, but I don't know what state the app has to be in before QNX will silently kill and restart it. These are all guesses; I have no real idea how QNX determines app misbehavior.

We need a good task viewer/killer.

To OP. Well goody for you! If you had a phone that "rebooted" randomly, you would understand the whole reboot issue, and you would be quite annoyed. I dropped my Z10 once, but it was my replacement Z10, that hasn't rebooted, and is still fine. The first one was fresh and sparking clean. It just liked to reboot. Your post serves no purpose.
    Check out System Information in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/25894894

Posted via CB10
    eninrebmun likes this.
    04-22-13 06:49 PM
    I talked to one of the tech reps this morning from Verizon and with me just spitting out the blackberry Z10 she knew what the issue really was about and told me that the Verizon reps were notified about it on the 16th of this month and there will be a software update for the issue. She kept telling me it's a software issue. So cross your fingers.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 06:50 PM
    I talked to one of the tech reps this morning from Verizon and with me just spitting out the blackberry Z10 she knew what the issue really was about and told me that the Verizon reps were notified about it on the 16th of this month and there will be a software update for the issue. She kept telling me it's a software issue. So cross your fingers.

Posted via CB10
    OS software or Verizon crapware?

Posted via CB10
    nyzfinestdomini likes this.
    04-22-13 06:58 PM
    OS software or Verizon crapware?

Posted via CB10
    The Verizon "Crapware " haha good one.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 07:00 PM
    Have any of you suggesting getting replacements ever taken the time to contact blackberry direct? I have, I also have two open cases with them. Their advice, don't exchange the device! It is a known software issue across multiple carriers.
    Swapped mine out twice and this one has had one reboot since I got it and that was overnight. Down from 4-5 times a day on the previous devices.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 06:19 PM
    Swapped mine out twice and this one has had one reboot since I got it and that was overnight. Down from 4-5 times a day on the previous devices.

Posted via CB10
    So exchanging it didn't resolve the problem?
    04-23-13 06:59 PM
    It's funny, my phone didn't reboot for the first two weeks, I started adding apps and now it reboots about every two days. I noticed today the GPS app I had running froze for at least 30 seconds, then the phone rebooted. I am sure Blackberry has to be snooping the software and hardware to see what is causing these random reboots. There are just too many people with the Z10 that is experiencing this. Hopefully there will be an official statement from Blackberry to address this.
    04-23-13 09:07 PM
    My girlfriend and I both have Z10s on AT&T. We did the over-the-air update from April 11 to OS 10.0.10.116 which was less than 50MB in size. Since then, we random reboot as well, both phones. Not sure if the update was the culprit, or doing the update over-the-air was at fault, but I have good news for everyone on any carrier who has this issue -- I have verified that it is a KNOWN ISSUE today, and an update is in the works with no set release date. To the non-believers, here is the number to BlackBerry. Not AT&T, BLACKBERRY:

1-877-255-2377

On behalf of all of us, feel free to dial that toll-free number and voice your concerns.
    h20work likes this.
    04-24-13 11:39 AM
    I'll do you one better. Here is a pdf of what the complaint process looks like. Be warned that this is an OFFICIAL BlackBerry internal document.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mcit31svrg..._Process.pdf?m
    04-24-13 11:42 AM
    Have any of you suggesting getting replacements ever taken the time to contact blackberry direct? I have, I also have two open cases with them. Their advice, don't exchange the device! It is a known software issue across multiple carriers.
    OR...

That's what you tell customers when you don't have a clue why it is screwing up.

It's anecdotal, but my new phone has not rebooted one time since I exchanged the old unit for it. Also, it runs better, faster, cooler, and doesn't lag or freeze. Made a big difference for me.

Posted via CB10
    moyjoy likes this.
    04-24-13 11:51 AM
    I am quite aware of this, I check it and it never rebooted without my permission

Posted via CB10
    I knew if I read the Internet long enough i would find the guy with the good one.

Posted via CB10
    moyjoy and yalervp like this.
    04-24-13 11:53 AM
    So exchanging it didn't resolve the problem?
    Changing it solved the problem.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 12:14 PM
    Changing it solved the problem.

Posted via CB10
    Not being argumentative, but you did say that the 3rd one also rebooted.
    04-24-13 12:21 PM
    If it's not fixed In the next os update... I'd advise everyone to return this junk.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 12:43 PM
    Not being argumentative, but you did say that the 3rd one also rebooted.
    Once overnight in the week since I've had it. I'd call that a success given the previous devices rebooted many times a day.
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-24-13 08:49 PM
78 1234