Because I've never had it happen to me even once. I have had my Z10 for approximately 2months now. Maybe the people with rebooting issues dropped their device which lacked protection from the numerous cases out there.

Trust me, when I dropped my naked 9700 way back then, issues I never had started to pop up.

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK)
    shadwellal likes this.
    04-19-13 03:51 PM
    Because I've never had it happen to me even once. I have had my Z10 for approximately 2months now. Maybe the people with rebooting issues dropped their device which lacked protection from the numerous cases out there.

Trust me, when I dropped my naked 9700 way back then, issues I never had started to pop up.

There's a chance you never noticed, what is your last reboot date in settings?
    04-19-13 03:54 PM
    There's a chance you never noticed, what is your last reboot date in settings?
    Nah I don't have this problem either
    Or else I would of seen it by now while using my phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 03:56 PM
    "Maybe they dropped their device"?... that's your theory?... maybe you didn't read the other threads where people have said they just got it and hours later it rebooted... my theory on your theory is that you probably haven't noticed... (mine usually happens overnight)... if you go into settings >device>hardware you can see the last boot time on your phone... check that often in the next few days and get back to us.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 04:18 PM
    "Maybe they dropped their device"?... that's your theory?... maybe you didn't read the other threads where people have said they just got it and hours later it rebooted... my theory on your theory is that you probably haven't noticed... (mine usually happens overnight)... if you go into settings >device>hardware you can see the last boot time on your phone... check that often in the next few days and get back to us.

Posted via CB10
    I am quite aware of this, I check it and it never rebooted without my permission

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 04:31 PM

Z10 is mint, haven't dropped anything. It reboots about once a day.

I have dropped plenty of BBs on the ground and not one of them had problems afterwards anyways.
    04-19-13 04:59 PM
    Yes BBRY can't understand it either. They know about it and have acknowledged it yet they haven't fixed it yet.
    21stNow and h20work like this.
    04-19-13 05:01 PM
    I can understand people who ask for forum moderators to manage the forum more strictly. Idle thought leads to nonsense threads.
    04-19-13 05:03 PM
    I am quite aware of this, I check it and it never rebooted without my permission

Posted via CB10
    Why would you reboot it manually? Nothing in the os requires a manual restart
    04-19-13 05:36 PM
    Mine has rebooted a few times but it's not a big deal. I wish people would get over it.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 05:53 PM

Mine has rebooted a few times but it's not a big deal. I wish people would get over it.

Posted via CB10
    You're kidding me right? smh. Go away.
    04-19-13 06:05 PM
    Agreed. I have never had to reboot my Z10

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 06:09 PM

I have dropped my phone but the rebooting had begun beforehand

Lovin' my Z10
    04-19-13 06:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    Wait until it happens when you are on the phone with a client
    04-19-13 06:24 PM
    I have dropped my phone but the rebooting had begun beforehand

Lovin' my Z10
    Has it rebooted less since dropping it?
    04-19-13 06:25 PM
    You don't have to understand it. Only know that it happens. The only time we run into issues is if an OP is having a problem and the rest of the forums say, " Well mine hasn't done it so you must be doing something wrong." That way of thinking needs to stop.
    04-19-13 06:28 PM
    I thought that mine didnt do it, but it sure did today, I went to check in on foursquare and i caught it rebooting... so apparently this device is sneaky and reboots when your not paying attention :-)
    h20work likes this.
    04-19-13 06:38 PM
    Happen twice to me last month, so far so good tho

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 06:41 PM
    +1

Or when you are using Maps for navigation. Not fun. If it weren't for these reboots (now on 2nd Verizon phone), I'd be loving my first experience with a touchscreen BB. Now, I'm just really liking it a lot...until the next reboot.

Hopefully, the next OS from Verizon fixes it. C'mon, Verizon...get on it already!

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 06:50 PM
    I'm a BB die hard fan (suffered through the Storm 1 and I still came back to the well for more) because in my line of work security and email is most important. All this is to say, even for someone who could potentially have blinders on, I have noticed my z10 unintentionally reboot 3 times since I got it 2 weeks ago. Nevertheless, I'm willing to put up with it because this is the best phone I've ever had. Hopefully VZW will release the update and all will be well in my world.

Posted via CB10
    Aristeian and moyjoy like this.
    04-19-13 06:54 PM
    Wife & I both have at&t Z10s since March 22nd...both reboot at will at least once a day. Wife has no apps other than what came on her phone, I have 4 from BBW. Neither phone's been dropped or even jostled, no matter - both Zs restart whenever...sometimes they over-heat, noticeable at boot-up.

Is this anomaly confined to US Zs or is it seen the world over...?

Not a problem if it reboots sometime during the night but it is annoying when it blinks out during a call. Exchanging for new ones is no guarantee we won't get the same issue again...only 4 units (total) were sent to our local at&t store and we bought 2 of them! What are the odds? Anyway - all that to say we have no problems or complaints /x for the auto reboots...and we certainly don't believe we did anything to start it....came with the phones.
    Last edited by eBud; 04-19-13 at 07:05 PM.
    04-19-13 06:54 PM
    Mine has never rebooted ,
    But I do believe the rebooting stories, I think its due to some BAD carrier OS's , The good news is as soon as the carrier sorts it out and updates the phones the problem should go away,
    The ball is in the carriers court.
    Blackberry have said this on Twitter,
    04-19-13 06:59 PM
    Umm, make that 4 reboots in 2 weeks. But the boot up time is much faster than my dearly departed 9930. Come on with the update already Verizon!

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 07:05 PM
    Has it rebooted less since dropping it?
    Actually yes, a lot less

Lovin' my Z10
    h20work likes this.
    04-19-13 07:09 PM
    My Verizon Z10 has never rebooted on its own but I sure feel badly for those that it happens to. I have had mine for less than two weeks but I do regularly check my settings to keep track of my boot time.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 07:21 PM
78 123 ...