04-21-13 04:33 PM
62 123
tools
    I am on the Fido network in Montreal and my bat lasts me 12-16 hours, but I am on it constantly. I make phone calls, send emails, texts, view videos, use apps.... the battery is better than the batteries out there, I had an iphone 5, two months ago, I noticed the battery consumption drop after literally the first day. The Z10 is good! However I hope BlackBerry comes up with batteries to cater to us crackberries!

What is your z10 model STL100-2 -3 or -1 ?

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 08:10 PM
    The real reason for Z10's battery issue-img_00000464.png

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 10:12 PM
    my battery last at least 10 hours with quite heavy use, if i know that im going to use it for 18 hours then i give it a charge up for 10mins when i can a few times a day, So i guess instead of whining about it , if you are not happy with it than turn it in and good luck to the next (communication device) phone that you choose. im in sales and i can deal with it.
    You should never charge for less than 15 minutes at a time, you'll shorten your battery life.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 10:17 PM
    I only experience with battery issue on the first day. It is makes sense since Z10 trying to populate all the bbm data from BlackBerry ID.
    Second day goes normal until now. I keep doing drained battery and and full recharge cycle to keep the battery health in good condition.
    My Z10 could reach 15 hours for active normal usage (phones, emails, bbm, sms, whatsapp, browse, etc)

Posted via CB10
    Don't let your battery fully discharge before charging. Let it drop to between 10% and 20% - 20% is preferred.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 10:20 PM
    Here's evidence to prove your claim wrong: my phone drained 22% overnight without touching it

Attachment 153140

Posted via CB10
    That's about the same drain I get without use. 2.2 per hour without use is average with other phones. It is also dependent on radio and settings.

I for one do not have excellent battery life but that's because I'm using it too much

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 11:50 PM
    That's about the same drain I get without use. 2.2 per hour without use is average with other phones. It is also dependent on radio and settings.

I for one do not have excellent battery life but that's because I'm using it too much

Posted via CB10
    Is that while at home or when away from home? I found that once I got my battery life under control (and identified the apps that were causing unnecessary drains), I was seeing usage of about 0.04W-0.12W/hour when idle and on my Wifi network while at home. This is with gesture unlock turned on and everything else on the default settings. When using it, I see a max of 1.9W of power being used, but rarely anything more. Today I was off the charger at 9 AM and just plugged it in about an hour ago with 30% left.

2.2W/hour without use is very high. What kind of signal are you getting? I find that one of the biggest tolls on battery life is a weak mobile or Wifi signal. If your device is constantly switching between the two because both of them are equally weak, it'll drain your device incredibly quickly.
    04-21-13 01:02 AM
    Is that while at home or when away from home? I found that once I got my battery life under control (and identified the apps that were causing unnecessary drains), I was seeing usage of about 0.04W-0.12W/hour when idle and on my Wifi network while at home. This is with gesture unlock turned on and everything else on the default settings. When using it, I see a max of 1.9W of power being used, but rarely anything more. Today I was off the charger at 9 AM and just plugged it in about an hour ago with 30% left.

2.2W/hour without use is very high. What kind of signal are you getting? I find that one of the biggest tolls on battery life is a weak mobile or Wifi signal. If your device is constantly switching between the two because both of them are equally weak, it'll drain your device incredibly quickly.
    At work. At home i get about the same drain you get when idle.

Yes radio is really the battery hog if this phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 01:26 AM
    Clearly you do not, otherwise you'd know that people with genuine battery issues are actually seeing genuine battery issues.
    I think the OP was providing some humour. Lighten up folks. We ALL have issues of some sort (even if it's not with our phones).
    PH_BB likes this.
    04-21-13 01:30 AM
    I think the OP was providing some humour. Lighten up folks. We ALL have issues of some sort (even if it's not with our phones).
    thank you!

Posted via CB10
    RazzBerry likes this.
    04-21-13 01:52 AM
    Here's evidence to prove your claim wrong: my phone drained 22% overnight without touching it

Attachment 153140

Posted via CB10
    What's applications you are using?

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 05:22 AM
    I would really like more information on this. Is any of this information documented somewhere or did you figure it out yourself? Thanks
    This information isn't documented anywhere that I am aware of. I've already known first hand that background services running will drain the battery. It's even more wasteful if there are things you don't even know what they're for or what they're doing.

iOS has everything closed and disabled. The only port open that listens to Apple's server is their iCloud push service, which can be disabled, and the USB cable connect, which uses a TCP protocol to send files to the device. Even they don't use a webserver to connect a phone to device like the Z10/playbook does--it's inefficient and serves the wrong purpose.

You can do a comparison yourself if you have either Mac OS X or Linux or any flavor BSD. Do a netstat and whatever port you see listening, there's a standard list maintained by the IANA which specifies which port services what. In this case, there are 2: a randomly generated one at every reboot, and port 1111. If you look up port 1111 on speedguide.net, it is listed as a threat and only trojans run on that port as a backdoor. Why hasn't BlackBerry documented this? I have no idea. Why do our devices have that open even after a clean wipe/reformat? No idea.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    04-21-13 04:12 PM
    This information isn't documented anywhere that I am aware of. I've already known first hand that background services running will drain the battery. It's even more wasteful if there are things you don't even know what they're for or what they're doing.

iOS has everything closed and disabled. The only port open that listens to Apple's server is their iCloud push service, which can be disabled, and the USB cable connect, which uses a TCP protocol to send files to the device. Even they don't use a webserver to connect a phone to device like the Z10/playbook does--it's inefficient and serves the wrong purpose.

You can do a comparison yourself if you have either Mac OS X or Linux or any flavor BSD. Do a netstat and whatever port you see listening, there's a standard list maintained by the IANA which specifies which port services what. In this case, there are 2: a randomly generated one at every reboot, and port 1111. If you look up port 1111 on speedguide.net, it is listed as a threat and only trojans run on that port as a backdoor. Why hasn't BlackBerry documented this? I have no idea. Why do our devices have that open even after a clean wipe/reformat? No idea.
    I'm curious if this is only the case with US Z10's.
    04-21-13 04:33 PM
62 123