I have to agree with the op. I bet a lot of us longtime blackberry users are comparing the Z10 to our previous blackberry but there is a lot more to do with my Z10 so use it quite a bit more. That being said, the Z10 battery lasts twice as long as the battery on my wife's old galaxy. Also, I just demoed my phone to an Iphone guy and he was impressed.

Posted via CB10
    PH_BB likes this.
    04-19-13 09:34 PM
    I have to agree with the op. I bet a lot of us longtime blackberry users are comparing the Z10 to our previous blackberry but there is a lot more to do with my Z10 so use it quite a bit more. That being said, the Z10 battery lasts twice as long as the battery on my wife's old galaxy. Also, I just demoed my phone to an Iphone guy and he was impressed.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed.

Ever since I got my z10, I don't carry any extra phone anymore. Everything is done with the zed.

I think most bb users have 2-3phones before z10 but switched to 1 when they got this. Obviously the battery on this phone cannot compete with 2-3 phones being used at the same time, this is just one phone for everything.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 10:36 PM
    I find it od that the phones are made with small batteries, i mean... Is it oke to take a charcher, battery or wall adapter with you to make it trough a day?
    Make the phone just a bit thicker for the extra power....
    04-19-13 10:49 PM
    this is a lame thread just to get likes and thanks, just like any other sarcastic threads out there
    04-19-13 11:52 PM
    Not so true. I've even noticed the battery drop on standby. Still drops crazy fast

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    04-19-13 11:58 PM
    my battery last at least 10 hours with quite heavy use, if i know that im going to use it for 18 hours then i give it a charge up for 10mins when i can a few times a day, So i guess instead of whining about it , if you are not happy with it than turn it in and good luck to the next (communication device) phone that you choose. im in sales and i can deal with it.
    04-20-13 12:06 AM
    Hi there,

Getting really frustrated with comments about battery life on Z10, get a life and forget about legacy phones. Z10 is a multimedia device, up there with Android and Apple.

My friends with Iphone 4S/5 are envious about the battery life on my Z10 and also the fact I can hit swap the battery and or buy a spare charger for �4.95.

Just do the basic stuff like turning off what you don't need, bluetooth and wifi etc, and if you have push email, change some or all to 15mins.

If your on a long journey and you forgot or don't have your charger or spare battery, switch to 2G and the phone will go on for ever!.

Upgrade to the latest software on BB link or a Vodafone sim, Try to avoid side loading Andriod Applications and use only OS10 written apps

Thank you
    04-20-13 02:04 AM
    What Battery issues. NO problems here, as a matter of fact the battery life on my Z10 is better than ALL of my previous BlackBerry devices including my Curve 8330.
    I'm shocked at that statement, I could go multiple days on my 8830 and iirc my 8330 could go two days without requiring a charge...not so on my z10. That being said, for what the phone is its got good battery life compared to other equal phone (DROID RAZR m in terms of specs)
    04-20-13 05:26 AM
    this is a lame thread just to get likes and thanks, just like any other sarcastic threads out there
    Hey man, Don't spread negativity around the forums. So what if my post is sarcastic or trying to be satirical, did I do you wrong?

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 05:48 AM
    Hey man, Don't spread negativity around the forums. So what if my post is sarcastic or trying to be satirical, did I do you wrong?

Posted via CB10
    Here's evidence to prove your claim wrong: my phone drained 22% overnight without touching it

The real reason for Z10's battery issue-img_00000241.png

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 10:57 AM
    i think blackberry need to release a better battery maybe 2100 mha like the q10 have, but thinking in screen size the z10 should have a more mha battery than the q10 so maybe z10 should have a 2300 mha.
    04-20-13 11:40 AM
    They should have thought of that way before

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 11:44 AM
    That's my issue... i use it was too much

Posted via CB10 powered by BB10
    04-20-13 12:22 PM
    Complaints of battery issue from users are legitimate. Please stop giving people hard times for bringing up this problem. My z10 battery has been very good since day one and just got better after every update ( on Bell Mobility ). I average a full day of heavy use ( like till 11pm before plugged in for charging ) and up to 2 days for light use. NFC is the only thing set to Off, screen brightness between 40-50% & HSPA for network. Anyway, the fast battery drain has happened to me few times already with no explainable reasons. This is what I do when the problem occurs. I checked the "free memory " in Settings -about -general -hardware, the normal value is 1.2gb when no apps opened. Anything below this reference indicating something still running in the background. The first time it happened, I rebooted the phone to fix it. Now I just use the app Memory Eater to clear the phone memory. This app is no longer available in the App world, had to find it and sideloaded into my phone. Works every time . Hope blackberry will know / see my comment here and fix this problem through updates.
    04-20-13 12:28 PM
    I am on the Fido network in Montreal and my bat lasts me 12-16 hours, but I am on it constantly. I make phone calls, send emails, texts, view videos, use apps.... the battery is better than the batteries out there, I had an iphone 5, two months ago, I noticed the battery consumption drop after literally the first day. The Z10 is good! However I hope BlackBerry comes up with batteries to cater to us crackberries!

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 12:33 PM
    It doesn't matter what changes blackberry makes on their phones. There will always be services running in the background.

One of which I've identified is listening on tcp port 4455 and this happens to be a Web server, bozohttpd, waiting for blackberry-connect. This is also known as the devuser port and once connected, will launch the ssh daemon and 2 more debugging ports: one from our PC and one connected to blackberry realtime. Once disconnected from 4455, these two ports close, leaving the webserver still open listening on port 4455 this is one of the source(s) of battery drain.

Ports not opened by 4455 aka bozohttpd:
    There is also another tcp port : 1111, and listens for an ipv6 protocol. This 1111 is esoteric and googling shows the Linux ppl not even seeing this port before. The only information listed is from "Like minded social media". I don't know about the sound of that. A second port opened without needing a dev-connect to 4455 is a randomly generated port listed right above 1111 under netstat.

So this leaves us with 3 open holes with 2 unknown servers or task running in the background. Open esoteric ports do not exist on ios, which is something I can say for certain. Not to mention a server/daemon such as http or sshd, once launched on ios do shorten the battery life considerably and not all endusers will require a high level daemon running 24/7. Instead, a different implementation can be used: a dynamic driver model which can communicate directly to the hardware saves lots of battery and iOS uses this method. BlackBerry only cut the corner because it is more convenient because rsa authentication has been widely used with Web servers. Lazy.

I have not found any documentation from blackberry on why 1111 and the random port is open for. What matters is who or what may be listening on those ports and what our devices are doing when we are least aware.

This is a big area that the blackberry camp is definitely not addressing when it comes to the assumption that our devices are the most secure in the market. Nothing in the world is secure especially when no questions are being answered.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 01:06 PM
    This is all so true. If u surf and play hard you kill battery. That's life.

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-20-13 01:35 PM
    yep its better keep the battery life and refuse to play surf and enjoy de phone its the solution thanks
    04-20-13 02:27 PM
    funny post, LOL

it is true for me too, just can't put the phone down

so, i have 3 batteries i carry around
    PH_BB likes this.
    04-20-13 02:58 PM
    as you can see by my profile picture, i keep my z10 housed inside an old analog phone shell packed with extra batteries, i'm making a phone call to Snake Plisken from inside a bunker, great reception

snake... snake, SNAKE!!!!!
    04-20-13 03:01 PM
    as you can see by my profile picture, i keep my z10 housed inside an old analog phone shell packed with extra batteries, i'm making a phone call to Snake Plisken from inside a bunker, great reception

snake... snake, SNAKE!!!!!
    Hahaha

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-20-13 05:03 PM
    It doesn't matter what changes blackberry makes on their phones. There will always be services running in the background.

One of which I've identified is listening on tcp port 4455 and this happens to be a Web server, bozohttpd, waiting for blackberry-connect. This is also known as the devuser port and once connected, will launch the ssh daemon and 2 more debugging ports: one from our PC and one connected to blackberry realtime. Once disconnected from 4455, these two ports close, leaving the webserver still open listening on port 4455 this is one of the source(s) of battery drain.

Ports not opened by 4455 aka bozohttpd:
    There is also another tcp port : 1111, and listens for an ipv6 protocol. This 1111 is esoteric and googling shows the Linux ppl not even seeing this port before. The only information listed is from "Like minded social media". I don't know about the sound of that. A second port opened without needing a dev-connect to 4455 is a randomly generated port listed right above 1111 under netstat.

So this leaves us with 3 open holes with 2 unknown servers or task running in the background. Open esoteric ports do not exist on ios, which is something I can say for certain. Not to mention a server/daemon such as http or sshd, once launched on ios do shorten the battery life considerably and not all endusers will require a high level daemon running 24/7. Instead, a different implementation can be used: a dynamic driver model which can communicate directly to the hardware saves lots of battery and iOS uses this method. BlackBerry only cut the corner because it is more convenient because rsa authentication has been widely used with Web servers. Lazy.

I have not found any documentation from blackberry on why 1111 and the random port is open for. What matters is who or what may be listening on those ports and what our devices are doing when we are least aware.

This is a big area that the blackberry camp is definitely not addressing when it comes to the assumption that our devices are the most secure in the market. Nothing in the world is secure especially when no questions are being answered.

Posted via CB10
    I would really like more information on this. Is any of this information documented somewhere or did you figure it out yourself? Thanks
    04-20-13 05:13 PM
    I only experience with battery issue on the first day. It is makes sense since Z10 trying to populate all the bbm data from BlackBerry ID.
    Second day goes normal until now. I keep doing drained battery and and full recharge cycle to keep the battery health in good condition.
    My Z10 could reach 15 hours for active normal usage (phones, emails, bbm, sms, whatsapp, browse, etc)

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 06:21 PM
    im thinking in change this phone when i use hard this phone the battery allmost die in 5 hours, i dont know what can i do its the battery or what ? its the phone ? or its normal 5 hours of hard use ?
    04-20-13 06:47 PM
    I have a IP6 socket listening on port 1111 as well but have no reboots or battery life issues.

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-20-13 06:52 PM
62 123