I keep reading battery issues from Z10 owners here and there in this forum and it dawned on me...

The real reason why Z10 owners have battery complaints and issues is because They can't put down their phones. Yep,they're too addicted to the phone and using it too much and then complain that there's not enough juice.

Yes people, that is the truth.
    04-19-13 07:15 AM
    I keep reading battery issues from Z10 owners...
    Clearly you do not, otherwise you'd know that people with genuine battery issues are actually seeing genuine battery issues.
    mr_vpw, lui22, dracolnyte and 5 others like this.
    04-19-13 07:23 AM
    I keep reading battery issues from Z10 owners here and there in this forum and it dawned on me...

The real reason why Z10 owners have battery complaints and issues is because They can't put down their phones. Yep,they're too addicted to the phone and using it too much and then complain that there's not enough juice.

Maybe for you... Mine seemed o.k. for the most part, today is something else... 1 hour off of the charger on standby and I'm down 20%. Can't believe it. I've never seen it do this before. I updated angry birds yesterday, that's the only thing that's changed. Ridiculous

*Edit: Rebooted and now it seems to have stabilized. Only 2% drop in the last half hour. That's a relief, haha
    Last edited by SlcCorrado; 04-19-13 at 08:07 AM.
    PH_BB likes this.
    04-19-13 07:29 AM
    I've had no problems with my phone, except when I get the warning that my battery is at 20%. Then I start to get intermittent WiFi and LTE Connection drops. That usually happens after 12 hrs of heavy use.

Darn CB10 ;-)

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-19-13 08:30 AM
    I'm using mine as I type this and I haven't charged it in more than 24 hours.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 08:47 AM
    I have to agree a bit with the OP. After the first few days, i have had NO issues with Battery life and i'm a power user. All phone calls - about 6 hrs of them a day or on the z10 and i even use it as a hotspot in the morning at the gym to get wifi for the ipad (slingplayer).

Now - I do close active frames, have it dimmed to about 70%.
    I have bluetooth and WIFI on all the time.
    I don't play games on it - yet
    I still don't browse a ton, but use Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Email, Txt and check the crackberry site a fair bit.

I'll still buy an extra battery since i travel extensively and like to have a backup in case.
    04-19-13 08:48 AM

So true

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 09:11 AM
    There are several threads with bad battery life and several threads also with good battery life.

I personally have days with bad battery life -> Which mostly is due to heavy use and poor reception

and days with good battery life...

You have got to agree that with "heavy" use (whatever "heavy" means for you) should technically drain power.

And "long" battery life is really relative, for some they claim 12 hours is already long while others do not agree.
    04-19-13 09:46 AM
    What Battery issues. NO problems here, as a matter of fact the battery life on my Z10 is better than ALL of my previous BlackBerry devices including my Curve 8330.
    04-19-13 09:58 AM
    4G eats battery for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Turn it off, problem solved.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 12:10 PM
    You will see different responses as if we are talking about different phone here. For me, it could be that you use different charger, app (like IMO!), or some battery monitoring app and battery life saving app, or poor network signal. Not sure what poor or zero free memory would do to a battery life. At the end of the day, the phone is more and more like a computer in your hand. There are just too many things to be checked. We all need to learn and organize ourself better. For people who don't want to do that, get an IPhone. Hope they will pay crazy money and again and again for the same phone (IPhone, IPhone 3, IPhone 4, IPhone 4S, IPhone 5, Iphone 5S???) and use 5% of what a phone is capable of, and make Apple rich.
    04-19-13 12:47 PM
    4G eats battery for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Turn it off, problem solved.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. Reception is also a big contributor. Radios are the biggest battery hogs.

But again, it really depends on who's using it and how they define long battery life and heavy use.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 07:18 PM
    My battery life was okay when I got it but got much better with the latest update for AT&T. However, the past two days have been questionable. Yesterday, in took it off the charger at 8:30 AM and by 2:00 PM I was around 30% or so with light to moderate usage.

Today was better. I essentially downloaded Eufloria HD twice (that game is huge) and was on my phone quite frequently today. I was off the charger at 9 AM and was down to 9% by 4:30 PM.

However, I'm still noticing a drain of -0.3W to -0.6W when idle and over Wifi. I have an Outlook account, two IMAP accounts, a GMail account, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn accounts synced. Everything is set to their default settings. Would any of these be causing drains. Or is it an app(s) I have installed?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 07:47 PM
    My battery life was okay when I got it but got much better with the latest update for AT&T. However, the past two days have been questionable. Yesterday, in took it off the charger at 8:30 AM and by 2:00 PM I was around 30% or so with light to moderate usage.

Today was better. I essentially downloaded Eufloria HD twice (that game is huge) and was on my phone quite frequently today. I was off the charger at 9 AM and was down to 9% by 4:30 PM.

However, I'm still noticing a drain of -0.3W to -0.6W when idle and over Wifi. I have an Outlook account, two IMAP accounts, a GMail account, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn accounts synced. Everything is set to their default settings. Would any of these be causing drains. Or is it an app(s) I have installed?

Posted via CB10
    I'm not really sure. Although GMAIL imap js having issues with the contacts, then i think they are having issues with the syncing and that's affecting battery life.

I've changed my sync of gmail to poll every hour instead of push.

Posted via CB10
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    04-19-13 08:01 PM
    My Z10 is fine until it reaches 20%, then it drops rapidly to 10%. Usually I use up to 20% over a 3hr period.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 08:10 PM
    Something else I wanted to know about were apps and battery drain. Does anyone notice drain with NY Times (push off), 360 Panorama, Slacker Radio, or theScore?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 08:13 PM
    360 drains like 4 Watts during use. More than my Batman game. It's ridiculous.
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    04-19-13 08:28 PM
    I mean standby. I'm using 0.5W of power when idle. It doesn't seem normal.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 08:35 PM
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the op was making a funny...just a feeling.

Posted via CB10
    PH_BB likes this.
    04-19-13 08:39 PM
    I find the batter pretty decent... Unless I'm playing "Where's my Water". That'll blow through a full charge in an hour.
    04-19-13 08:43 PM
    Just uninstalled NYTimes and 360 Panorama and went down to 0.2W.

What would anyone say is a normal power consumption range for an idle device? Does 0.1-0.3W seem about normal?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 08:47 PM
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the op was making a funny...just a feeling.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you! Haha

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 08:52 PM
    I am not having any battery problems with my 3 day old device.
    04-19-13 08:52 PM
    Just uninstalled NYTimes and 360 Panorama and went down to 0.2W.

What would anyone say is a normal power consumption range for an idle device? Does 0.1-0.3W seem about normal?

Posted via CB10
    Screen off idle? I usually get like .04 when the screen is off.
    04-19-13 08:54 PM
    Screen off idle? I usually get like .04 when the screen is off.
    Yeah, screen off idle. I've been ranging from .2-.7W on idle with just Battery Guru running in the background. I cleaned up my apps last night and this is what I have left:
    Bridge, Password Keeper, CB10, ATP / WTA Live, Nobex, Spotcast, Splashtop, PlayCloud, Feather Duster, Battery Guru, Dictionary.com, Angry Birds, CamSam, Circle Pie Light, Amazing Breaker, FaceFlow, Find me Coffee, Jetpack High, Parrot, Jetpack Joyride, Slacker, Barcode Scanner, Radiant Defense, Run in Crowd, Robotek, Eufloria, Sudoku United, and Stick Tennis.

Are any of these a possible culprits) behind it?

Posted via CB10
    Centerman66 likes this.
    04-19-13 09:03 PM
62 123