OP hope your observation is correct and that the trend gathers steam.
    No phone is perfect and neither is the Z30 but it's a damn great phone. I have been rocking and loving my "productivity beast" since October.
    02-23-14 07:55 AM
    I almost made the change- got my buy out for my existing contract and was offered the Z30 on a two year contract (same terms as my current contract) for $29 - but Rogers doesn't stock them. It had to be ordered and I am out of town for several weeks BUT the INTERESTING part of the story was they are getting MANY calls to do the same. Maybe the android app emulator has changed the value quotient.

Posted via CB10
    I believe so. For a couple of my friends in the States, it has really changed their negative impression of BBRY devices. Hopefully AT & T and T-Mobile will at least make them available for their customers.
    02-23-14 08:07 AM
    rugby games (for those in the less civilised world, it is like American Football but it is played by men ).
    That's just funny.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 08:36 AM
    It was pretty easy. I asked for my contract payout which was basically the remaining balance on my Z10. I got this through their automated service. Then I zeroed out and told them I wanted to upgrade - they said no- it would be $179- so I said. Okay, I said. Just close my account and ill get the phone at best buy. They checked online on a "price match" and said $29.00. Plus my buyout (but I own my z10 as a backup). If they give you grief say you are going to cancel and talk to customer loyalty or customer retention. The total price was my device buyout + 29, but it was pretty close to the 179 ish plus my Z10. Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    i just did the exact same thing and have to wait 1 more day to pick up my z30 monday feb 24. pay the remainder off my z10 and get z30 at price match with telus for 29.99. so ya will have z10 for back up or sell to recover the z10 buyout cost.
    02-23-14 11:20 AM
    $35 battery bundle for Z10 vs $500- $600 for Z30 is something to consider.

Zed 10 with 1925 leak
    I don't think that's a good comparison. Not everyone, especially these days, wants to carry around extra accessories or deal with battery swapping. The Z30 is just another device that shows you can get a full days work (12+ hours of use) off one battery charge.
    02-23-14 01:20 PM
    Funny that most people are touting the bigger battery and bigger screen on the Z30 as the most important features...I'm not saying that I'm not going to thoroughly enjoy them!

For me, actually it is the Paratek antenna, Miracast and the Speakers. I happen to work in the Faraday Building so I'm lucky if I get EDGE at my desk (Though I get HSUPA on the crapper at work [STL100-1 so no LTE]).

Also, I often lie in bed streaming rugby games (for those in the less civilised world, it is like American Football but it is played by men ) and the speakers on the Z10, S4 and LG G2 are just not quite as nice as I would like.

Also, my Z10 streams better than my laptop does (Or the S4 for that matter - maybe it is flash and HTML5 compatibility and because...I don't know, my laptop hates me) and I want to be able to slap the game onto TV wirelessly without connecting my laptop to the TV.

Though I understand that I'm the minority so I can understand that other people don't always want what I do (because obviously they're insane and should seek medical attention).
    I like the way you stayed subtle and respectful in this piece. Lol

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    02-23-14 03:27 PM
    Maybe if the Z30 was smaller I world get it. But tired of bigger devices. I will still keep my Sony Z Ultra 6.4" Android. Before that I had LG G2 5.2" I've also had the Note 2 a while back. I just want something smaller that is easy to handle with one hand. For that the Z10 is perfect. That it's beautiful is a bonus. I'm used by now with phones that have batteries that can last me three days on a single charge but in the end I usually have 70-80% left at the end of the day as my phone usage has gone down a lot lately. I just use the phone as a phone these days. Even more so with a BlackBerry.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
    02-23-14 11:47 PM
    I don't think that's a good comparison. Not everyone, especially these days, wants to carry around extra accessories or deal with battery swapping. The Z30 is just another device that shows you can get a full days work (12+ hours of use) off one battery charge.
    A lot of times, especially while traveling with children , I am out for the whole day and do not have the luxury of waiting for my phone to charge. Amusement parks, field trips and road trips to name a few. The battery bundle is very small, thin and lightweight . Probably less of hassle than looking for an outlet and waiting for the phone to charge. I am not knocking the Z30, I am just pointing out another option and preference.

Zed 10 with 1925 leak
    02-24-14 06:03 PM
    I was just reading through some of the posts and suddenly realized that I am not the first to come back from an Android experience. When cell tech first came carrying a BlackBerry, we were envied. Now you say that and they start to carry the coffin in. As someone has said,( I still have all these phones) I have the LG g2. Samsung note 3, I phone 4s and HTC one. Everything left me wanting something. I recently traded my Sony xperia Z for the Z10 . I know what I was looking for now. Android security is getting bad, privacy is at an all-time low. I look back and ask myself how did I get here. A store's salesperson expressed concern about BlackBerry dieing and talked me into an android phone. So I wandered the dark side for a few years. I won't bash any mobile platform each has merit and there are a few apps I wish a could transfer like Tapatalk and ANews . I didn't know why I liked BlackBerry coming back I know why. Still the best security you can have. I'm not sure about side loading because really aren't we just defeating the best security in place in the mobile industry.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 09:08 PM
    I made the switch z10->z30, yet i went back to z10. People thought that z30 was an android and besides that, z10 has way better design, while functionality is the same, and only the screen size is noticeable

Posted via Z10 from Lithuania
    Absolutely agree with you
    The Z10 has an amazing size and design
    It fits perfectly in one hand
    4.2 inch is also the perfect screen size for me
    I also love so much LCD screens more than amoled
    LCDs have so nice brightness that I can't find on any amoled
    The only problem is the battery, but a bundle does its job fine
    Just my personal opinion

From My Sexy Blackberry Q10...
    02-25-14 04:06 PM
    Exactly. That is the main point of the introduction to Android. Many loyal blackberry fans have boost about their devices being android free as if that was something to be proud of and in is...but so is Android and the flock of people it brings.

?BBZ10 STL-100-3| 10.2.1.537/1925| T-Mobile
    02-25-14 04:11 PM
36 12