Being away from Crackberry so long, I was so excited when I came and saw the January 30th date [as most of you most certainly were]!!! So darn excited, I mistake the launch date, with the Press Event. So upon going through the news post and reading some comments to get a roundabout for a release date, I came across this comment:

Everyone needs to remember BlackBerry doesn't have stores the same as Apple does. Apple can use those stores for preorders and to create hype with a 10 day period to get people to just outright purchase a device.

BlackBerry doesn't have this ability. I know carriers can take orders but I bet that the announcement event is also launch day for the L series and an announcement for the N series to be 3-4 weeks away.

I went to school for business, and agree with this to a degree. Not necessarily because of the way RIM sells their devices through carriers, but also due to the fact that they want to gain momentum fast, and then keep it going like wildfire. For example, I'm from DC and didn't see much PB push after the initial launch. Which is sad, because I'm always team RIM and want them everywhere, if possible. We live in a fast food world where ADHD is rampant and folks attention span dwindle faster than Corey Feldman's career. Bad joke, I know lol. But seriously, I know there's probably been many posts about roundabout dates, so this isn't a repeat even though you are welcome to give your estimate if you'd like. This post is more of a question of what, if any, of this statement do you agree with? If you were working in their marketing department, how closely would you want the release to the launch, and why?

Me personally, I would LOVE (as a consumer) for them to do it on the day of the event. From a marketing approach, I would also want it to be the same day. The window of changing one's mind can literally be within seconds of seeing a presentation for or against a product. To have it immediately available when you have everyone on a high, would be spectacular and help spread the word. Then leading with an awesome Superbowl campaign to reign in the regular consumers who don't watch Press Events. Because there's nothing worse that seeing a device announced, and then not being able to access it, that also turns folks away. That's what happened with me and the Wii U...but that's another story...

Sorry I wrote so much, I love hearing the input from so many intelligent people here [some of you should work for RIM], plus I went to sleep early and I'm stuck wide awake . Can't wait to hear your thoughts.
    V22 and DJM626 like this.
    01-02-13 03:42 AM
    Oh. I forgot to add that I feel that one of their awesome twitter contests to give away some of the handsets. When they did the PB contest like that, the event they held to give away the devices created a nice amount of buzz. It had press and different ways to use the PB solo, and in tandem with your BB. I had fun when I went!
    01-02-13 03:56 AM
    I agree with your thinking (the articles thinking also I suppose). Same day... Or perhaps even a Feb 1st (friday) release would be close enough to achieve what the writer was suggesting.
    01-02-13 06:20 PM
    TL;DR.....
    01-02-13 07:59 PM
    I'd love the event to end and hear Thor say available "NOW", just as everyone was leaving. Then, picture complete Chaos in the streets of New York as everyone was rushing to the nearest Verizon, AT&T and the other carriers to get in line . To me, this would be the perfect announcement of a release of all time
    01-02-13 08:05 PM
    I highly disagree.. corey feldman is still making movies.. i think it's corey haim you speak of.. lol..
    01-02-13 10:10 PM
    I highly disagree.. corey feldman is still making movies.. i think it's corey haim you speak of.. lol..
    Is Feldman really making flicks? LOL I thought both of the Corey's were losers at this point.
    01-03-13 01:15 AM
    I'd love the event to end and hear Thor say available "NOW", just as everyone was leaving. Then, picture complete Chaos in the streets of New York as everyone was rushing to the nearest Verizon, AT&T and the other carriers to get in line . To me, this would be the perfect announcement of a release of all time
    I wish this could/would happen. Lemme put out positive energy...this will make me smile!
    01-03-13 01:16 AM
    TL;DR.....
    What's that mean?
    01-03-13 01:17 AM
    I agree with your thinking (the articles thinking also I suppose). Same day... Or perhaps even a Feb 1st (friday) release would be close enough to achieve what the writer was suggesting.
    This would make me do a funny little dance, that I'm almost willing to post on here if it happens lol.
    01-03-13 01:19 AM
    Realistically, if bb10 handhelds are available from day one, it won't be from the american carriers who are notoriously slow and would more likely be from british or canadian carriers or somebody like that.
    01-03-13 05:24 AM
    TL;DR.....
    What's that mean?
    TLDR - Wiktionary
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-03-13 06:05 AM