Not sure if this deserved a fresh thread of its own in light of the multitude of threads on this problem.

I have been following this problem closely and have read probably almost all the threads on here and other forums regarding the matter. I have also been in contact with BB tech support regularly in the past 3 weeks and my reboot issue escalated twice.

This is my 2nd phone with ATT Wireless with random reboots. I have religiously sent in about 10 logs after every reboot I have had for the past 3 weeks or so from my second phone. BB Tech support has reviewed every log and I have spoken to a handful of technicians regarding the matter. Here is brief overview of what has been discussed with them.

1. This is a known issue and is considered "critical" by Blackberry
    2. The issue appears to be a software problem
    3. The root of the issue seems to be the innate "watchdog" security program being too aggressive
    4. The next major update (at least to ATT) 10.1.x.xx aims to resolve the issue.
    5. Unclear when the update will come, sometime in May? Depends on how fast ATT and/or other carriers wants to roll it out.

I usually reboot every 1-2 days, but for some reason after the latest ATT update, I have been going on 5 days now without a reboot.

Anyhow, for those of you with this problem, hang in there - it seems as though BB is trying to resolve the issue. Despite this issue, I still love my Z10 and am eagerly awaiting a permanent fix to this problem.
    04-18-13 06:55 PM
    5. Unclear when the update will come, sometime in March? Depends on how fast ATT and/or other carriers wants to roll it out.
    Definitely not new thread worthy.

Also March has come and gone.
    04-18-13 06:58 PM
    you were faster than i could fix that meant to say May
    moyjoy likes this.
    04-18-13 07:05 PM
    Confirms what I was told last night and again tonight by bb support.

Way more new thread worthy than the random circle jerk posts of "My phone is the bestest thing ever!"
    meganVee, niss63, kbz1960 and 1 others like this.
    04-18-13 07:13 PM
    I've only had my phone reboot on me once since I got it on launch day (AT&T) but I will be glad once I don't have to worry about it anymore.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 07:43 PM
    Barely heard reboot issues with AT&T users. Verizon on the other hand....

CB10 on Verizon Z10
    04-18-13 08:58 PM
    Mine is an AT&T device and has rebooted a few times. Once in the middle of the night thus canceling the alarm. That reboot, btw, was the same day I received a AT&T update. Since then no reboot although there are other glitches like the screen being expanded at launch or if I zoom on a map or webpage, I can't get it to go back to normal even after leaving that page or map.
    04-18-13 09:05 PM
    Worth a new thread. Glad I don't have to call BlackBerry.
    Thanks for the update dude. I'm sure there working on it but dammit hurry up! Mine have also gone to a few days without rebooting.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 01:51 AM
    "Aims" to resolve? Um no it WILL resolve if they want to keep customers

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-19-13 02:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    Got the same answer from somebody who workes for BB,
    10.1 update is supposed to fix the problem. coming out soon.(In Belgium)
    04-19-13 02:52 AM
    Definitely not new thread worthy.
    Totally disagree. There are plenty of people who would be interested in hearing this update.
    04-19-13 02:55 AM
    Got the same answer from somebody who workes for BB,
    10.1 update is supposed to fix the problem. coming out soon.(In Belgium)
    Than hopefully in France as well. It's starting to get annoying.

One other questions for those with reboots, often after a reboot when i have to punch in the 4 digit code, i cannot punch in the numbers, the "dialling pad" just doesn't respond and i have to manually shut it down and restart with the power button. Am I alone in this?

Thanks
    04-19-13 03:04 AM

One other questions for those with reboots, often after a reboot when i have to punch in the 4 digit code, i cannot punch in the numbers, the "dialling pad" just doesn't respond and i have to manually shut it down and restart with the power button. Am I alone in this?

Thanks
    I've had that happen a few times, I disabled my password for now. Not a good solution but I was getting tired of being locked out of my phone.
    04-19-13 06:24 AM
    Update versi terbaru buat bb z10

Luccy
    04-19-13 06:51 AM
    Barely heard reboot issues with AT&T users. Verizon on the other hand....

CB10 on Verizon Z10
    ATT is also having this issue after the update. Sometimes I find my phone turned off so for me it's not just random rebooting.

Posted from the beyond...
    04-19-13 06:58 AM
    Excellent post, bb-ms. Thank you for the first really definitive info on this. Now I can wait for vzw to update os.

MMDDZZ
    04-19-13 07:24 AM
    First of all, very good post. Second, what's the possible reason this seems to be affecting T-Mo & Canadian users less? The only thing we have in common is the "piggy back" network relationship (similar frequencies) perhaps requiring a slightly different software?
    04-19-13 07:42 AM
    I hope they really know what the problem is but I think they need to push a fix out faster, much faster. Waiting many more weeks for 10.1 might lose a lot of customers. I thought QNX was able to be updated incrementally so push out the fix already in a small update.
    04-19-13 08:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    Umm, yeah, but no it won't. They can't possibly know they've resolved it fully until it's been out in public and proven to have eliminated the issue. There's only so much testing and verification they can do in a lab. Until then, the best and most honest claim they can make is that the next release aims to fix it.
    04-19-13 08:09 AM
    Got a T-Mobile update on my z10 in Holland. I have a reboot once or twice a day, hope te next update fixes it, cause I'm just blown away by this phone!! And if they fix all the little things, this phone will blow away all my negatives!!

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 02:18 PM
    This is very frustrating. I have the Verizon z10. I am on my second one. I updated the software to the att 10.0.10.822. I have had two restarts that I have noticed since then. I installed the new OS on 4/15. Before I was getting 2 or 3 a day. Bottom line is this is a Verizon software issue. We need an update directly from them. The att Os makes things a tad better, but still getting reboots. It'll just be sitting on the table and boom...reboot. What's worse is Verizon only has a 14 day return policy. I love the phone, but I paid 600 bucks for it. It's not too much to ask that the phone stays on right?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 02:56 PM
    Z10 on AT&T. Never rebooted once. Unless its doing it magically in the middle of the night when I am unaware.
    04-19-13 03:09 PM

Thanks
    Normally it will depend on the carrier.
    Since i am on proximus, i should get it fast.
    I will ask the guy if knows something about the update for france.
    04-20-13 05:26 AM
    I wonder... again, on T-Mo USA and am not having this issue. And, if you go on the T-Mo customer discussion page (where people go to ***** about anything) it isn't even mentioned. Not once. Just FWIW on my T-Mo USA OS:

Software release: 10.0.10.85
    OS Version: 10.0.10.672
    Build ID: 445581
    Flash player ver: 11.1.121.108
    Air Ver: 3.1.0.108
    Crypto kernel ver: 5.6.2.44214
    WLAN Ver: 1.1
    Radio Ver: 10.0.10.673
    WebKit Ver: 10.0.10.233
    Browser Ver: 10.0.10.288
    04-20-13 05:53 AM
    I wonder... again, on T-Mo USA and am not having this issue. And, if you go on the T-Mo customer discussion page (where people go to ***** about anything) it isn't even mentioned. Not once. Just FWIW on my T-Mo USA OS:

Software release: 10.0.10.85
    OS Version: 10.0.10.672
    Build ID: 445581
    Flash player ver: 11.1.121.108
    Air Ver: 3.1.0.108
    Crypto kernel ver: 5.6.2.44214
    WLAN Ver: 1.1
    Radio Ver: 10.0.10.673
    WebKit Ver: 10.0.10.233
    Browser Ver: 10.0.10.288
    On T-Mobile USA here and my phone reboots at least once or twice in every 24 hour period

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10
    04-20-13 06:26 AM
28 12