I was like most when I started reading the random restarts thread - its not happening to me. But, how do you know for sure whether its happening to you or not unless you are looking at the phone a running a service constantly? I only noticed when I started to run Nobex a lot and all the sudden the phone would stop putting out audio because it restarted. Otherwise, it could have restarted and I wouldn't know because it looks like the phone is locked like it would be if I didn't use it for 15 mins. I'm curious if the problem is more widespread but we don't know for sure because we may not always notice it. It's happening to me on a daily basis now that I am using the phone in a way that I will notice it more.
    04-15-13 02:03 PM
    If you go into settings - about - hardware - and scroll down to the bottom it will tell you the time of your last reboot.

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling and sophace like this.
    04-15-13 02:07 PM
    Thanks Vorks that is good to now. I wonder how many people would be surprised to find out the unit has restarted without them noticing?
    04-15-13 02:10 PM
    Unless your phone is out of sight, I can't imagine you not knowing - the red LED would come up and the BB logo and start screen would come up. I suppose it's possible if you are away from your phone for extended periods of time, but apart from that, likely not.

I know whether my phone reboots itself while I am at work because I put it in airplane mode and leave the settings active frame open when I lock it up for the day. It would be closed if the phone rebooted.

JB
    04-15-13 02:11 PM
    Unless your phone is out of sight, I can't imagine you not knowingJB
    I can think of a bunch situations - when the phone is in your pocket for one. There are a bunch of situations where the phone is not in plain site. One of the great things about the new BB is the restart time is pretty quick, so if you aren't looking at your phone for 2 minutes, it could happen and go unnoticed very easily.
    04-15-13 02:18 PM
    also i have my phone on rotation lock, but after it restarts the rotation lock is disabled. that's how i usually know when my phone restarts
    04-15-13 02:19 PM
    Three easy tells for me...

1) Any active frames will be closed. I always leave Wallpaper Changer HD open.
    2) Rotation Lock will be disabled. I always have this enabled.
    3) My Vodafone carrier SIM app icon will have moved. I always hide this in a folder, but after a reboot it moves to last position on my app screen.
    04-15-13 02:22 PM
    Hi all, try with the best new SIM inserted into Z10, this issue will be solved.
    04-15-13 10:28 PM
    My restarts must be different then. I suppose they are more like power offs.

I pull out my phone, hit the top button and then I discover my phone must have been off as the red led comes on and my phone boots.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 10:34 PM
    My restarts must be different then. I suppose they are more like power offs.

I pull out my phone, hit the top button and then I discover my phone must have been off as the red led comes on and my phone boots.

Posted via CB10
    Mine did this before I wiped and reloaded the OS for the first time. After that it started the power cycling.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 10:37 PM
    also i have my phone on rotation lock, but after it restarts the rotation lock is disabled. that's how i usually know when my phone restarts
    this.

and also when I'm writing an important email and just before I hit send it freezes and reboots and my hair starts to stand on end and steam comes out of my ears like in the cartoons because I have to wait for the reboot and then start all over. i know it then.
    04-15-13 11:12 PM
    Earlier my phone restarted right after a phone call. I was like why won't it wake up to only realize its starting to reboot.

Posted with my Z10 via CB10
    04-15-13 11:29 PM
    Hi all, try with the best new SIM inserted into Z10, this issue will be solved.
    Stop posting this same misinformation in every thread please.
    moyjoy likes this.
    04-16-13 03:20 AM
    Unless your phone is out of sight, I can't imagine you not knowing - the red LED would come up and the BB logo and start screen would come up. I suppose it's possible if you are away from your phone for extended periods of time, but apart from that, likely not.

I know whether my phone reboots itself while I am at work because I put it in airplane mode and leave the settings active frame open when I lock it up for the day. It would be closed if the phone rebooted.

JB
    Most would never know. The average person does not stare at his phone all the time. Remember that some of us are not average. Most would never know their phone rebooted unless they caught it while happening or noticed a window was no longer open. This could and does happen with ease.
    04-16-13 03:36 AM
    My phone is on my desk all day, face up so I can see the led blink when I get a message. It has never restarted. I understand that the problem is real for some but I don't buy that a full restart would go unnoticed, especially if it happens a few times daily. Just doesn't seem likely to me.

I started checking my reboot times in the hardware settings when the reboot issues were reported and I have yet to see evidence of a random reboot. Again, I'm not saying the problem isn't real for some just saying that if it were happening it to someone it would likely be noticed.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 04:56 AM