I've seen many threads pertaining the random reboots, but this was a few months ago.

After updating to the most recent OS update, my phone has been resetting/rebooting itself 5-8 times a day. I've dropped very important calls due to the reboots.

Has anyone presented a pinpoint reason behind these random reboots? It's becoming unbearable. Could it be a loose connection between the pins and the battery? Is there a sensitive area on the phone where if it's in contact with a certain force, the phone resets?

Here is a screen shot of my OS. I'm on Verizon Wireless.
    Random Reboot(s)-img_20140219_004502_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 12:01 AM
    Have you at least tried reloading the OS just to see if it was a bad update? The random reboot issue was fixed long ago as you mentioned and very few have experienced it beyond that.
    02-19-14 12:06 AM
    Hey Bla1ze. How would you reload the device? Is is necessary to perform a security wipe before the reload? Should I perform a backup? Or, can I simply click reload on BlackBerry Link?

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 05:11 AM
    I get a random reboot when I put the phone down. Running latest official Rogers software. Never had reboots before, now they happen often. No, it's not the battery...

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 07:50 AM
    This issue was fixed along time ago. I never had it myself. Wipe your phone and start from fresh.
    02-19-14 07:54 AM
    I had these reboots too a few days after I got the 1925 update and I noticed as well that whenever I put the phone down or moved it in the down position it would show the restarting screen that you get when you press and hold the power button, and it would count down and restart unless I canceled it. It was very weird and I'm not sure if it was a combination of putting it down/tilting it back plus press the power button or something else but it did happen.

I don't know what I did but they stopped as randomly and quickly as they started..within the day they started if I'm not mistaken. All I really did, after I realized it happened when putting the phone down, was to just tilt it all around while pressing the power button turning the screen on and off. It was more to recreate the result rather than to fix anything at the time but the reboots just stopped after that.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 08:00 AM
    It could just be coincidence. Try the paper/card shim to firm up the battery. Movement or placing the phone DOWN should not trigger a reboot - it sounds like hardware. Although, I guess if one of its motion sensors is glitchy due to software, it might react like that.

To Reload, find an autoloader file or use BB Link.

Good luck
    02-19-14 09:23 AM
    Ever since I loaded 10.2.1.1925 my random reboots went away. Hope you solve it.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 10:08 AM
    What is the proper way to reload an OS?

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 10:21 AM
    02-19-14 12:52 PM
    I mentioned this on another thread. I had the same problem with my z10 after the last OS update and was having around 10 random reboots per day. I tried draining my battery and then charging it to 100% again and it worked. No reboots right now! hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-19-14 01:17 PM
    I am also experiencing random reboots since the Verizon update, after months without any reboots.

Their frequency has dropped to fewer than one a day but they do keep happening. I've reloaded the OS and put in a shim for the battery. Phone just rebooted a few minutes ago when I picked it up.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 02:16 PM
    I would really like BlackBerry to get in contact with us because there are tech people who know some of the possible reasons. The reboot problem was serious enough with 10.0 that a fix was put out for it, I believe in the 10.1 MR update. Clearly they knew what the issues were and squashed them. Unfortunately I was one of the unlucky few where the fix only reduced the frequency of reboots but did not eliminate them.

It may very well have something to do with the battery given my BB10-0020 error after updating to 10.2.1. It might be that the OS is overly sensitive in determining that the battery is bad and then powers down the device. Strangely enough, I have had no battery issues for a week now. I will be getting a new battery to test out my reboot idea...
    02-19-14 03:25 PM