03-23-13 08:39 PM
40 12
tools
    I read someone posting about this before. Today I checked my photos and it showed recently added pics of 2 people. Ordinary cam shot pics? Are my pictures being fed to other Z10's too? Weird.
    02-14-13 05:30 PM
    You mean you had pictures in your pictures app that you didn't take of people you know?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-14-13 05:32 PM
    I had a pictures of two Asians on my phone.

02-14-13 05:35 PM
    Is this real? Did you have a phone that was returned or something?

jesse_h likes this.
    02-14-13 05:39 PM
    This happened to me too...but it was from looking at pics from o the chive app ported from android. Every pic I looked at was then ported to my picture folder...it was very weird

sosof likes this.
    02-14-13 05:43 PM
    I had a pictures of two Asians on my phone.

There's a joke of some sort in here, but I'm not going to try and find it!

jesse_h, VR6, SDTRMG and 6 others like this.
    02-14-13 05:57 PM
    Call homeland security!!!
    02-14-13 06:07 PM
    your Z10 connects to all your social circles (fb, twitter, linkedin, foursquare, etc) and pulls down all the pics from there. that's where the photos are from. typically it'll be attached to a contact in your address book. In addition, any of the app world pics/logos are are also pulled down. The only reason you're probably seeing them is because it shows up onder 'recently added'. I can guarantee you that those 'asians' are from one of those, maybe linkedin?
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    02-14-13 06:11 PM
    my playbook has this as well, but what i have found is these are pictures from my facebook friends... so somehow im assuming facebook somehow managed to download these pictures;.. just not sure how or if its the same as your problem
    sldowell likes this.
    02-14-13 06:12 PM
    Omg you serious i read ppl having playboy photos on some apple phones when they recieved them from apple themselves, but blackberry has better taste then this.
    02-14-13 06:22 PM
    same here, the Chive app saves every picture you look at!!
    Last edited by VR6; 02-15-13 at 01:02 AM.
    02-14-13 06:27 PM
    Does anyone have a fix for this? Do I have to turn off something in my media settings or picture settings?

02-14-13 06:37 PM
    Same problem with the chive we need a legit app!!!
    02-14-13 11:03 PM
    This happened to me too...but it was from looking at pics from o the chive app ported from android. Every pic I looked at was then ported to my picture folder...it was very weird

same here, the Chive app save every picture you look at!!
    heys guys, just want to drop a hint in case you don't know about thechive app. it stores the pics in Playbook:/accounts/1000/shared/misc/android/Android/data/com.thechive/cache. just delete the contents of the folder after viewing and you are good to go!
    02-14-13 11:38 PM
    heys guys, just want to drop a hint in case you don't know about thechive app. it stores the pics in Playbook:/accounts/1000/shared/misc/android/Android/data/com.thechive/cache. just delete the contents of the folder after viewing and you are good to go!
    What genius on Team BlackBerry thought it necessary to include consecutive 'android' in the file system path? These small details exemplify the shallow attention to quality assurance. And another reason to avoid Android apps even if they have been "magically converted" to BlackBerry OS 10.
    02-15-13 12:07 AM
    I believe these directories are either created by the apps to match the directories the apps expect to find on an android phone, or they were put there so the apps would work in the first place.

in case I'm wrong though and they were put there for the heck of it, then yeah, pretty silly
    02-15-13 12:37 AM
    In my case.. my torch transferred over all my contact profile pics from KAK and kakao talk.

I was very confused then recognized a couple and all was right with the world again
    02-15-13 12:46 AM
    Flipboard is another app that does this.
    02-15-13 12:53 AM
    Mostly every android app is the cause for this.. there is no one app to blame. It's 98% of the reason I don't even bother with Android ports. I'm lazy and I don't wanna have to be clearing caches out.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    02-15-13 02:19 AM
    I know about the android and other app issues, but this was oridnary photos as if taken by my own camera. Not taken by myself or of anyone I know. Let alone any apps.
    02-16-13 09:23 AM
    Mostly every android app is the cause for this.. there is no one app to blame. It's 98% of the reason I don't even bother with Android ports. I'm lazy and I don't wanna have to be clearing caches out.
    the more native apps, the better. so +1 to your comment. hopefully there will be more native apps by the US launch day and no the US isn't the center of the universe. :-j
    02-16-13 10:45 AM
    OMG, this happened to me on my Playbook a few weeks ago and it was creepy. True story.

It was a very dark and stormy afternoon and totally out of the blue, while I was trying to sideload some apps, the sound went off and nothing I tried would fix it so I decided to turn the Playbook off and on again.

As the Playbook was coming back on I was worried something else had happened because instead of my usual, colourful wallpaper - the background was very dark. Then, up popped a dark, very closeup, cam photo, taking up the entire screen, of a young man - dark hair, scruff. black shirt looking as if he was peering right out of the Playbook at me. Total stranger. My main screen icons were still there scattered on his photo but it freaked me out. Not the least because of the darkness of tbe photo and background coupled with the dark sky outside my kitchen window.

I quickly put up my wallpaper to get rid of the intruder and turned off the Playbook. When I turned it back on, everything was back to normal. I was so unnerved that I posted about this on the Playbook forum but nobody there had experienced anything similar.

Nothing like this has happened since and hopefully it won't. As one wag on the Playbook forum said - I should consider myself lucky that it was only a photo of his face that showed up. Hahah, I'm very new to the Blackberry/Crackberry world and didn't realize it was going go be so eventful.
    02-16-13 11:22 AM
    My playbook is full of pics from android apps. I actually only have about a dozen pictures ive taken, and it has about 276 on the PB in the menus.

Just pages, and pages of this!
    02-16-13 11:29 AM
    at least devs help you by leaving android screenshots in BB World so you can tell its a port without downloading lmao
    02-16-13 11:34 AM
    Does anyone have a fix for this? Do I have to turn off something in my media settings or picture settings?

don't use social apps on your devices,,, i never do,,, they have a nasty habit of getting into your media/contacts & putting them in places you don't want,,, facebook is notorious for this,,, it downloads all your contacts in to a file folder on your fb acct,,, social apps are the devils' workshop...
    nappp and Tim-ANC like this.
    02-16-13 11:50 AM
40 12