Hey Everyone,
    Just wanted to ask a quick question. Every once in a while I'd glance over to the signal strength indicator only to find that it's empty then goes back to full bars in about 3-4 seconds on average. Sometimes it would go from full signal, down to no signal then back up to full in the span 1 or 2 seconds.

I'm wondering if this is due to the network (Bell Mobility in the Greater Toronto Area), hardware, or possibly the software. I honestly don't recall if this happened back on 10.0.10.85 though.

Getting a replacement won't be as easy as walking into a Bell store as Limited Edition BlackBerry devices are handled through Brand Alliance or BlackBerry directly (I forget which one exactly).

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 05:07 PM
    This happens to me as well bro, im on tmobile however.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    05-20-13 05:12 PM
    Loosing signal and BBM all the time. Plus BBM delay

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 05:13 PM
    This is more likely to be variation in the incoming signal, or possibly local interference. If the cause was within the phone it would be more likely to show as a long term problem, hardware faults don't fix themselves in seconds and I have not seen similar reports from other users which might hint at software bugs.
    stitch69 likes this.
    05-20-13 05:16 PM
    I see the signal bounce around all the time... most probably because LTE is very spotty. but I have yet to experience a drop call.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 05:17 PM
    This is more likely to be variation in the incoming signal, or possibly local interference. If the cause was within the phone it would be more likely to show as a long term problem, hardware faults don't fix themselves in seconds and I have not seen similar reports from other users which might hint at software bugs.
    Possibly, because it happens so suddenly then fixes itself it's hard to track when it's actually happening. Although I agree with you that if it was a hardware issue it would have probably been present for a longer period of time and more persistent.

I see the signal bounce around all the time... most probably because LTE is very spotty. but I have yet to experience a drop call.

Posted via CB10
    Same here, I haven't noticed any data issues or call problems when this happens. For some of my longer calls 2+ hours I've never dropped any calls on the Z10, which probably does reinforce Branta's point about it being a software issue/glitch. Although calls are currently being routed over the HSPA network anyways. I've been hearing talks that VoLTE (Voice over LTE) would be coming in 2014? Something like that, the good news is that the Snapdragon S4 Plus SoC BlackBerry used here supports this protocol if you will.
    05-20-13 09:22 PM
    It happens with a lot of phones, I'm guessing it's just interference or Variations or slow update. If it's still no bars after a few seconds then signal's usually dead. But if it fluctuates then it's usually fine. Don't drop calls either.
    05-20-13 10:35 PM
    I'm on Telus Canada. Central alberta.
    And I've been having the same issue. Let you know the area i am. Telus is HSPA+

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 10:36 PM
    Hey Everyone,
    Just wanted to ask a quick question. Every once in a while I'd glance over to the signal strength indicator only to find that it's empty then goes back to full bars in about 3-4 seconds on average. Sometimes it would go from full signal, down to no signal then back up to full in the span 1 or 2 seconds.

I'm wondering if this is due to the network (Bell Mobility in the Greater Toronto Area), hardware, or possibly the software. I honestly don't recall if this happened back on 10.0.10.85 though.

Getting a replacement won't be as easy as walking into a Bell store as Limited Edition BlackBerry devices are handled through Brand Alliance or BlackBerry directly (I forget which one exactly).

Posted via CB10
    Yes happens to me all the time. I'm on Verizon. After calling VZW, they did not have any records of other people complainign about this. They sent me to a store to get the SIM card replaced. It kept happening. I read somewhere that the android sideloaded apps may cause problems so I stopped using the android apps i have installed and guess what, no more random signal drops.

If I use my sideloaded apps, then I drop signal throughout the day...and this isn't the type of signal drops that everyone is mentioning here that is caused by moving from a good area to a bad area. I mean dropping signal in a good area and it cycling through every few seconds.
    05-20-13 10:50 PM
    I randomly loss signal today in a middle of a call, few seconds later I got full bars
    05-20-13 11:03 PM
    Happens to me all the time when I'm home, but when I'm in Toronto for university I don't see it happen. I blame signal quality since I live in a rural area.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 11:06 PM
    Same thing is happening here Z10 stl 100-3 unlocked and on T-Mobile

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 11:10 PM
    The signal drop has been happening to me since the newest OS update. My z10 is unlocked running on Orange Switzerland. The coverage has always been spotty in the city, but my phone seems to find more dead spots now with the update.
    05-22-13 08:30 AM
    The signal drop has been happening to me since the newest OS update. My z10 is unlocked running on Orange Switzerland. The coverage has always been spotty in the city, but my phone seems to find more dead spots now with the update.
    01-28-14 06:14 PM
    Hi! I get similar issue with my blackberry q10 sqn100-3 ! A bought it originally from rogers got it unlock to work on telus network in Canada! It would only say 3G and I would get random loss of signal for 3-4 seconds then it would come back full bars, I thought maybe since there's 4 model of Q10's sqn100-1to5 having different frequency and the sqn100-3 has LTE 2600mhz spectrums and telus has 700 and 1700mhz so I switched to FIDO which in rogers the issue still seems to be there but less frequently it happens more when I leave the phone sit for a while and when I pick it up open the screen light I see full bars 4G then while holding it it goes 4g no bars then big red X for 3-4 seconds then full bars again! It only happens when I initially touch the phone if I let it sit there it seems to receive calls no problem. When I wake up to phone that's the only time when it loses the signal, I am sure it's a glitch on the software I wish it can stop doing that with a new update or I am switching to my iphone5 witch had no issues whatsoever except for not having a keyboard or buy a galaxy s4 ! I love blackberry but there issues just drive me nuts !
    01-28-14 06:24 PM
    On bell in bc. Used to happen all the time to me too. With 10.2.1 I see it much less often.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-28-14 06:57 PM
    On bell in bc. Used to happen all the time to me too. With 10.2.1 I see it much less often.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    I am running 10.2.1 1925 also it happens a lot less than before but still happens from 3-5 times a day instead of 20 times that it used to ! Do you suggest wiping the device sending it for repair trade, or does all q10 do it ??
    01-29-14 03:36 AM
    I am running 10.2.1 1925 also it happens a lot less than before but still happens from 3-5 times a day instead of 20 times that it used to ! Do you suggest wiping the device sending it for repair trade, or does all q10 do it ??
    I'm on a z10 so not sure about q. I don't know if I'd send it in for repair. Maybe call your carrier and see if there's anything on their end. Try also changing bands. I'd also personally do a wipe before I send for repair. I'd hate to be without my Phone.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-30-14 06:52 PM
    Mine always has done this, as it's usually switching between operating modes? I'm always seeing it flip between 3G, HSPA+ and LTE and it's seemingly affected by the smallest things - from how I'm holding it to the weather.

I think it's normal, and don't worry unless it's constantly just hunting for signal and never settles on anything leaving you without coverage?

Awesome BB Z10 on Three UK
    01-30-14 07:12 PM
    Mine always has done this, as it's usually switching between operating modes? I'm always seeing it flip between 3G, HSPA+ and LTE and it's seemingly affected by the smallest things - from how I'm holding it to the weather.

I think it's normal, and don't worry unless it's constantly just hunting for signal and never settles on anything leaving you without coverage?

Awesome BB Z10 on Three UK
    01-30-14 09:09 PM
    I never lose coverage more than 10 seconds , when I was in canada it would say 4G and then 4g and then red X then back to 4G full bars but went to London heathrow for a layover only lost it once in 9 hours and now in norway when I am in my room no issue but when I go for a drive it switched from 4G to 3 G to Edge gsm and that's when I lose the signal for a few seconds and get it back within seconds my friend next to me has the same q10 but the sqn100-1 and no similar issue ! There's some places where it happens more often and I realized that it happens more often when it's cold outside ! I've never since this kind of issue on a phone before ! My friend says it might not be a software issue but a firmware inside the chip of the phone so no physical defect but I don't think I can restore firmware I guess only blackberry can play with that
    01-30-14 09:15 PM
    But now I can't really compare because I am roaming so it might be normal for it to happen
    01-30-14 09:19 PM
    Since I have data services off so it doesn't cost me a fortune
    01-30-14 09:20 PM
    Is it cold when u lose signal i lose it found my issue when it's below 10degrees or cold outside I get that issue if I keep it on the floor and its cold a bit the floor it loses and gets back reception ! Maybe it's the battery that is causing his issue
    02-04-14 05:35 AM
    I found the solution
    02-06-14 12:42 PM
26 12