I'm not saying Quickpull is NEEDED on BB10. What I'm saying is that if somebody wants to quickpull their BB10 device everyday, they can. What I don't understand is why you and others won't let people choose to do what they want with their device. You should let people do what they want. It's not going to hurt you if joeblow reboots every day, so just let him do it if he wants to.

My cars owners manual says I should replace the oil every 8000kms but I actually do it every 5000kms. Does that bother you? Are you and fifteen other people gonna tell me that I shouldn't? I also wash my car every week, it's not necessary but I do. Are you going to argue with me about that too?

Do you understand what I am saying? I know that rebooting isn't necessary on BB10 but if somebody wants to do it, let them.
    I'd like to see you ride your Z10 and drive it to work.
    05-25-13 06:07 PM
    I'd like to see you ride your Z10 and drive it to work.
    Maybe that's what Thor means by mobile computing? Haha. The next blackberries will be cars! Awesome!

Posted via CBZ10 baby!
    05-25-13 06:10 PM
    My phone has locked up on me a few times and I was able to get a restart by holding the power button for about 30 seconds. Some people on here have said it will do it in 10 seconds but in my experience it has taken around 30 seconds for it to restart. Hopefully you don't have any more lockups but if it does happen, try holding it for 30 and see if it works.

As was noted up above, I would be worried about damage to the little clips on the back door if it is taken off fairly regularly.

Posted via CBZ10 baby!
    I've held it for in excess of a minute several times...but I don't really mind the batt pull, because I just swap a fresh battery then as I do several times a day anyhow.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 08:52 PM
    I'm not saying Quickpull is NEEDED on BB10. What I'm saying is that if somebody wants to quickpull their BB10 device everyday, they can. What I don't understand is why you and others won't let people choose to do what they want with their device. You should let people do what they want. It's not going to hurt you if joeblow reboots every day, so just let him do it if he wants to.

My cars owners manual says I should replace the oil every 8000kms but I actually do it every 5000kms. Does that bother you? Are you and fifteen other people gonna tell me that I shouldn't? I also wash my car every week, it's not necessary but I do. Are you going to argue with me about that too?

Do you understand what I am saying? I know that rebooting isn't necessary on BB10 but if somebody wants to do it, let them.
    Yes I understand what you are saying, it as one of my previous posts write: the debate of wanting quick pull to schedule reboots is nonexistent. That was never argued by the OP or anyone else. That app has an advantage in that specific way. But the debate the OP makes, as well as other posters, is that battery pulls, or quick pulls, are needed when the device crashes. They are still not aware that holding the power button performs a hard reset in the case of a software lockup, where even quick pull can't be used.

I know you understand this concept. Hey I'm actually a mechanic in my past life and I agree, 5000 km oil changes and no two butts about it! I would never go 8000, and some people may want to reboot their devices every day, whatever. But the argument is that quick pull or pulling the battery simply isn't needed when the device locks up. IMO even for the reason of freeing up memory it is non needed with this os.. not because it's all high and mighty but just because of the way it works as opposed to bbos.. bbos needed a reboot here and there but memory management on its java OS was completely different from that of BlackBerry 10 and even android and ios, which manage memory relatively well. If people want to reboot their phones every day whatever, that's their choice. But again I have to say that battery pulls themselves are just never needed. Not ever anymore. It makes absolutely no difference holding the power button and pulling the battery. The only difference is the wear and tear the battery door is going through.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by agp101; 05-26-13 at 09:15 AM.
    05-25-13 10:07 PM
    Yes I understand what you are saying, it as one of my previous posts write: the debate of wanting quick pull to schedule reboots is nonexistent. That was never argued by the OP or anyone else. That app has an advantage in that specific way. But the debate the OP makes, as well as other posters, is that battery pulls, or quick pulls, are needed when the device crashes. They are still not aware that holding the power button performs a hard reset in the case of a software lockup, where even quick pull can't be used.

I know you understand this concept. Hey I'm actually a mechanic in my past life and I agree, 5000 km oil changes and no two butts about it! I would never go 8000, and some people may want to reboot their devices every day, whatever. But the argument is that quick pull or pulling the battery simply isn't needed when the device locks up. IMO even for the reason of freeing up memory it is non needed with this os.. not be a use it's all high and mighty but just because if the way it works as opposed to bbos.. bbos needed a reboot here and there but memory management on its java OS was completely different from that of BlackBerry 10 and even android and ios, which manage memory relatively well. If people want to reboot their phones every day whatever, that's their choice. But again I have to say that battery pulls themselves are just never needed. Not ever anymore. It makes absolutely no difference holding the power button and pulling the battery. The only difference is the wear and tear the battery door is going through.

Posted via CB10
    I appreciate your opinion, but if you were to read my comment it clearly stated that no amount of time holding the power button down was working in my case, several times, as the fellow who experienced same with other branded devices. I'm just thankful in those cases that I actually can pull the battery... despite what you may think my friend it actually IS necessary at times!

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 11:32 PM
    If you're going to take the battery out you *MUST* balance it on your nose for 10 seconds while standing on one foot or else it won't work. Reciting the alphabet back words helps too.

Posted via CB10 & Z10
    chrispdm1 likes this.
    05-26-13 12:16 AM
    Why do you still need a quick pull in Z10 or Q10?
    For BB 10, quick pull is history.

Posted via CB10
    FrankIAm likes this.
    05-26-13 08:22 AM
    I appreciate your opinion, but if you were to read my comment it clearly stated that no amount of time holding the power button down was working in my case, several times, as the fellow who experienced same with other branded devices. I'm just thankful in those cases that I actually can pull the battery... despite what you may think my friend it actually IS necessary at times!

Posted via CB10
    Sorry but I don't believe you. You must not have held it long enough. Or you were doing it wrong. I say this because throughout owning the playbook where you can't even pull the battery, I've never experienced such a thing. Furthermore, the forums here also never mentioned of any difficulty hard resetting it, and believe me without a removable battery, if this was an issue on the playbook, we would have heard about it. Same with the Z10, through my experience and the word of others on the forums. I mean it's a hard reset. It always works. It doesn't need the software. Similar to how you reboot a windows pc. Just hold the power button for 5 seconds. It always works no matter what....

Posted via CB10
    bintheredundat likes this.
    05-26-13 09:21 AM
    Sorry but I don't believe you. You must not have held it long enough. Or you were doing it wrong. I say this because throughout owning the playbook where you can't even pull the battery, I've never experienced such a thing. Furthermore, the forums here also never mentioned of any difficulty hard resetting it, and believe me without a removable battery, if this was an issue on the playbook, we would have heard about it. Same with the Z10, through my experience and the word of others on the forums. I mean it's a hard reset. It always works. It doesn't need the software. Similar to how you reboot a windows pc. Just hold the power button for 5 seconds. It always works no matter what....

Posted via CB10
    Well my suggestion to you would be don't pull the battery if you don't want to or need to and live out the rest of your life happily.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 10:25 AM

Posted via CB10

I don't really give a fat rats a*s if you don't believe me bud! But why the h*ll would I come on here and lie about it?? I'm a fairly bright & accomplished person, I believe I've mastered your fine art of button pushing & holding by now. Maybe you can teach me a thing or two about crayon munching though?

Posted via CB10
    CMcRob likes this.
    05-26-13 12:09 PM
    Well my suggestion to you would be don't pull the battery if you don't want to or need to and live out the rest of your life happily.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, I agree I should live happily. But fortunately, one purpose of these forums is to gain and share information and knowledge, and to somewhat debate about it as well. Some people like myself enjoy coming here for those reasons, and for that reason, as much as it could aggravate me like this thread can, I'm still happily enjoying the discussion. People wouldn't come on this forum if it wouldn't make them happy.. this is part of the experience.

For example you could take your own advice and stop replying to the thread and trying to mediate the situation. Must be aggravating to do so? But you must enjoy it.. As for me, this thread discusses quick pull and battery pulls and I will keep spewing out facts until everyone gets it, because it really irritates me when no one does. Again, this is not opinion, but facts of engineering on the device. I think it's pretty valid to stand ground on the issue here.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by agp101; 05-26-13 at 02:55 PM.
    05-26-13 12:46 PM
    I don't really give a fat rats a*s if you don't believe me bud! But why the h*ll would I come on here and lie about it?? I'm a fairly bright & accomplished person, I believe I've mastered your fine art of button pushing & holding by now. Maybe you can teach me a thing or two about crayon munching though?

Posted via CB10
    I didn't say you lied. I said you most probably did it wrong. The odds are on my side on this one..

You want to munch on some crayons? Why.. why would you wanna... do that..? Well, whatever the reason, I'm glad you've decided for me to be your superior in the learning process!

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 12:51 PM

Posted via CB10

O. M. G.
    This is the single most hilarious thing I have seen today... rock on my friend!!!

I am still giggling to myself... crayon munching -- who knew?!?

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 01:00 PM
    O. M. G.
    This is the single most hilarious thing I have seen today... rock on my friend!!!

I am still giggling to myself... crayon munching -- who knew?!?

Posted via CB10
    Yup, super funny. I immediately thought of the Simpsons when Ralph tells Miss Hoover that he eated the green one. Haha.

Posted via CBZ10 baby!
    CMcRob likes this.
    05-26-13 01:12 PM
    Guys guys.. let's just be mature and talk about the issue here like grown ups.. like classy men.

How about we talk about this over a crayon dinner? I know this great place, and they melt the red crayons to serve as wine as well. Trust me, you'll all love it! They even play the Simpsons on their tvs.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 03:00 PM
    The funny thing is, none of us really know if everyone else is an adult in this conversation... lol

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 11:02 PM
    The funny thing is, none of us really know if everyone else is an adult in this conversation... lol

Posted via CB10

Well, truthfully, it is painfully obvious to the actual adults tho, right?

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 11:06 PM

Just. Hold. The. Power. Button. For. 10. Seconds.

Does anybody need any further clarification on that? I hope not..

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, how long do I bold the power button down for? Sorry I couldn't resist.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 11:15 PM
    Yeah, how long do I bold the power button down for? Sorry I couldn't resist.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    10. Seconds. You. Hold. It. Down. For. 10. Seconds.!!!

Lol. Stop it before I start eating my crayons again.. it's the only way I can destress!

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 12:05 AM
    Holy Crap. I bought a Blackberry Q10 and an Otter Box for it. So I NEED quickpull. I read each and every one of these posts
    and NOONE said anything about an Otter BOX. If you use that great device (called an Otter Box), you need quickpull. So people!
    How do I install quickpull on my new Q10 so I can use it with my Otter Box? It's NOT rocket science!!!! DUH!!!! And don't diss me... I'm a lot smarter than you think. I'm a Mainframer who also teaches PC/Server classes. I know what I'm talking about. I simply think that Quickpull is not available for the Q10. If so, please let me know. I'll search for something else..... Thanks in advance.....
    08-15-13 12:53 PM
    Not sure if you are really legit, you want to turn your phone off and does hard reset, hold the power button down until the loading screen appears, or hold down both volume keys at the same time

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 01:13 PM
    Holy Crap. I bought a Blackberry Q10 and an Otter Box for it. So I NEED quickpull. I read each and every one of these posts
    and NOONE said anything about an Otter BOX. If you use that great device (called an Otter Box), you need quickpull. So people!
    How do I install quickpull on my new Q10 so I can use it with my Otter Box? It's NOT rocket science!!!! DUH!!!! And don't diss me... I'm a lot smarter than you think. I'm a Mainframer who also teaches PC/Server classes. I know what I'm talking about. I simply think that Quickpull is not available for the Q10. If so, please let me know. I'll search for something else..... Thanks in advance.....
    You don't need quickpull anymore dude. Just hold the power button down until the system does a hard boot up by displaying the loading screen. Therefore, you can do a hard reset while still having the BlackBerry device inside the Otterbox case.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 03:28 PM
72 123