Wondering if anyone had any ideas about these things that make me HATE this phone.

Any way to restore emails from an ipd file? I tried to from my torch but it fails without errors.

Any way to scroll to the top of your texts? I have about 5000 from my wife and sometimes I want to read some of the older ones but scrolling with my finger for an hour to get to the top just to read them is ridiculous. Where is that press T or B to jump up and down RIM???

How do I view saved texts that I saved on my other bb's? I had alot of important saved text messages so I didnt have to go looking for them...

Why are backup files so big now? My backup files were around 20-30 mb after years of combining all of my texts, contacts, and emails. Now my backup file is about 300mb and I am excluding the media files which doesn'tmake any sense since they are on a sd card, why is it backing that up too??

What happened to the option to delete emails on the device, mailbox, or both option that made bb's great?

Why is there no confirmation for deleting an entire chat? I have accidently deleted an entire important text conversation and was so mad that I had to do a restore but I was missing alot for obvious reasons. Then went over my data because my phone re-downloaded over 5000 emails since I make them save on the server and so I can download to my outlook client. I just wanted to restore my texts but now the restores make you reconfigure email and download them.. RIM cost me money because of this flaw.

Last question, how do you group calls by name? I'm annoyed that I have to see the same name 10 times etc.

I really don't understand why RIM had to change all these great things about the blackberry which is why I have used several of them for 10 years, I have been told and I'm starting to think the same thing, this is a wannabe iphone. I have tried iphones and hated them for these types of reasons, why did RIM do this.. argh! >.<

I have searched online for awhile now and haven't found any answers or hints of changes in upcoming updates for the o/s etc. I am now stuck with this phone for 2 years and if RIM doesn't fix these things in future phones then yeah I'll be looking for another model, I wish they just made a better version of the torch, the pullout keyboard was great so if you didn't like touch screen too much like me, then you had a choice for the keyboard.

thanks
    06-30-13 08:31 PM
    Actually the delete on phone/ server I believe reading awhile back was an imap issue as for your large files texts remember notes are in the settings part of the backup. Not sure about the rest.
    06-30-13 08:41 PM
    what is the imap issue? also does anyone know how to rename picture and video files? that option seems to be gone, now i have to connect my phone to my pc then go into the phone or sd card and do that there..

Blackberry loves to reboot on its own, the battery life is not what was told by RIM!

How do you remove certain apps like linkedin from the hub? I dont want it there..
    Last edited by njsithlord; 06-30-13 at 09:13 PM.
    06-30-13 08:54 PM
    I believe Kris has said they are bringing delete on handheld back some how. Though with fiddling with the advance options you can get it back on Imap accounts. think pop3 email accounts still offer that. Also to edit file names in file manger choose properties then edit to change name I believe I've read some of the 10.2 leaks allow editing the file name direct from the gallery

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by n8tiveg; 07-12-13 at 10:27 PM.
    07-12-13 10:10 PM
    For the scrolling up, they never took it out. Double swipe up from the bottom bezel, it'll bring up the keyboard and press t and b. Or in the browser, down swipe from the top bezel and press the title bar to go up to the top.
    07-12-13 10:20 PM
    For the scrolling up, they never took it out. Double swipe up from the bottom bezel, it'll bring up the keyboard and press t and b. Or in the browser, down swipe from the top bezel and press the title bar to go up to the top.
    Doesn't seem to work z10
    07-12-13 10:32 PM