Good day!

I've been a blackberry user for 3 years from 9000 to 9700 and 9900 is my last and I switched into android and iOS just to try new things.
    Now I'll be going back to Blackberry because I can't get used to in typing in touch screens. Android phones lags even having a dual-quad cores, iOS phones sucks in battery.

Anyway, here are my questions.

How was typing experience in Z10? From keypad to touch screen.
    Does it lag always? Or while typing? Because in my experience some of the android phones lags while typing.
    I'm more on messaging, emails, chat which one should I get, Q10 or Z10?

Thank you!
    03-20-14 04:04 AM
    The BB10 virtual keyboard is considered the best touch keyboard in the industry right now. Haven't seen a single reviewer that hasn't loved it.

As for lag I haven't had any unless the app itself is wonking out. You won't run into this often with native or official apps. Much faster than any Android keyboard!

Posted via Z10
    KDB84 and siele like this.
    03-20-14 04:07 AM
    If you still want a physical keyboard, there is the Q10 for you.

Z10 keyboard has a learning curve, albeit a short one. I came from physical keypad BBs as well, from the old ones to the 9700 and 9900. I couldn't wait for the release of the Q10 thus snatched the z10 when it became available in our territory.

App gap has been resolved by the ability to install Droid apps OTA nowadays. My only gripe back then with the z10 was its OEM battery, resolved this by having a charger at home, at the office and in the car. This was thereafter permanently answered by the 4500mah battery. Now I just charge when I sleep at night. Best 20 USD purchase for any gadget ever.

I never looked back ever since. I am a happy camper.
    siele likes this.
    03-20-14 04:27 AM
    @siele depends on the app. In most apps no lag on input, it works great. But on the browser, that's a different story. Depends on the site too (if the textarea has events attached and so on). I've wrote in the browser multiple times from it and the experience is from blah to frustrating. For example if I paste something, the delay is worse...
    I prefer to write long posts in an separate app (such as Reminders or Notes) then copy/paste into browser.
    The delay is different from android, which stucks the whole app and keyboard. On z10 you can keep using the keyboard but the letters will appear with a slight or huge delay in the text box.

Again, it behave like that only in the browser (got the device 2 days ago).

You may check also this topic: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...85/index4.html

Posted via CB10
    siele likes this.
    03-20-14 04:57 AM
    From what you're describing, I'd say that the Q10 would suit you better.

That being said, the keyboard on the Z10 is amazing. This one feature sets BB apart from Apple/Android. No lag, in my experience.
    siele likes this.
    03-20-14 07:06 AM
    I rushed into the z10 when it first came out because I was excited to play with bb10. I fully intended on getting the q10 upon release to get back to my physical keyboard. Well, I own both a Q10 and a Z10 now, and when the Q10 isn't sitting in a drawer, it's because my girlfriend is using it because she broke another z10.

Posted via CB10
    siele likes this.
    03-20-14 07:32 AM
    I was a die hard keyboard user. Last BlackBerry was the 9900. Got the Z10 because I could not wait for the q10. Excellent keyboard. Love it. No complaints at all. No lag, good predictions overall and smooth just like the UI on BB10. I have had no lag at all

Loving my Zed 10!!
    siele likes this.
    03-20-14 08:29 AM
    If you hate iOS battery, go for Z30 instead.

Posted via CB10
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    03-20-14 08:34 AM
    Thank you everyone for enlightening me. Maybe I'll be getting a Z10 just for now, and I'll wait for the Q20 to be released. Thank you again guys!
    03-20-14 08:35 AM
    While I'm still getting the hang of the touch keyboard, my biggest issue is with EDITING text. I still have real issues with getting the cursor where I want it and with selecting chunks of text without a TRACKPAD (yup, I'm one of those). And in that case, the Q10 offers no advantages since there is still no trackpad.
    siele likes this.
    03-20-14 09:51 AM
    Z10 is good, I came from a curve 9300 and got used with the Z 10's keyboard for quite awhile, now I'm not going back to physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    siele likes this.
    03-20-14 09:57 AM
    Because Verizon might not like that.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 09:59 AM
    i'm a actual keyboard person, from 8320 to 9700. but i know i rather sacrifice actual keyboard then get half the screen size if i choose Q10. so Z10 is for me, and the keyboard is smooth
    siele likes this.
    03-21-14 04:37 AM
    I don't think you would be disappointed with z10 . Except maybe for the battery life.

Posted via CB10
    siele likes this.
    03-21-14 07:11 AM
    Z10 virtual keyboard is the best in the market today. I can type in lightning speed, with relative ease, the auto correct the word suggestions and the learned words that you use all the time make it for a really fast and efficient typing experience.

I tried typing on an iPhone I nearly had a nervous breakdown. Impossible. I still don't understand how people type on that darn thing. Android isn't any better as well.

Plus the HUB and os is awesome. Smooth, effortless and lag free experience. You won't be disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    siele likes this.
    03-21-14 08:53 AM
    @vagos2006, yeah hub is great except:
    - slight delay when you want to check email and you manually refresh. The loader disappear and after couple of seconds the new emails appears. In other words you don't have clear status of new mails as on ios..
    - no remote search for imap..
    - had trouble with an email didplaying html inline (I had to open thr html attachment in browser)
    - deleted emails aren't moved in trash/deleted folder (tested with imap)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Sergiu1337; 03-22-14 at 07:10 AM.
    03-21-14 10:42 AM
    I wasn't that into getting a cell phone that got a virtual keyboard. I felt that those were inaccurate but I love the z10 virtual keyboard. Haven't got any issues against that and it is great.

I tried the s3 mini keyboard but I didn't liked it.

Give z10 a try and you won't regret it

Posted via CB10
    siele likes this.
    03-22-14 02:43 AM
    @vagos2006, yeah hub is great except:
    - slight delay when you want to check email and you manually refresh. The loader disappear and after couple of seconds the new emails appears. In other words you don't have clear status of new mails as on ios..
    - no remote search for imap..
    - had trouble with an email didplaying html inline (I had to open thr html attachment in browser)
    - deleted emails aren't moved in trash/deleted folder (tested with imap)

Posted via CB10
    Sorry you are experiencing this, but I don't have any of these issues you are experiencing above. My z10 is smooth and fast. No HUB lags either. Sorry, but I can't relate to your problems above.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 08:39 AM
    You might be on an older OS version. Before the 10.2 and 10.2.1, the Hub had lag after a reboot of the zed10. Now, with the latest OS, no more lag, even right after a reboot or restart.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 11:10 AM
    Sorry you are experiencing this, but I don't have any of these issues you are experiencing above. My z10 is smooth and fast. No HUB lags either. Sorry, but I can't relate to your problems above.

Posted via CB10
    Really man? You can remote search on imap? Deleted email is moved to trash folder?
    and about the lag: i've said it has a delay. I mean it takes about 10-15 seconds to see new mail if you manually refresh! The circle loader animation is not a proper indication for check is complete. I am not talking about push accounts.
    Really I cannot understand those type of blind worship posts.
    Hub is very good but nowhere near perfect.

@egzbuen I have 10.2.1.2012
    03-22-14 02:09 PM
    Good day!
    Anyway, here are my questions.

How was typing experience in Z10? From keypad to touch screen.
    Does it lag always? Or while typing? Because in my experience some of the android phones lags while typing.
    I'm more on messaging, emails, chat which one should I get, Q10 or Z10?

Thank you!
    Didn't expect that bad comments for android and iOs. Haven't been using them from quite some time. I came from a curve before having Z10.

Typing Z10? Easy and sexy. No kidding. For my hands, it's size is perfect. Swipes are so sexy and easy to learn. From th start, you might not like it. But after it learns how you compose messages, no doubt, you'll find it easy and comfortable.

My 1st choice of smartphone (not smartTOY), BlackBerry.
    siele likes this.
    03-22-14 06:24 PM
    The BB10 virtual keyboard is one of the best I've used. I was a die hard hardware keyboard user, swore I would never use a virtual keyboard, but this one won me over. Easy to use with two hands, or if you want to type with one thumb, the flick typing is great for that. From experience, I can tell you that all virtual keyboards (heck, even hardware keyboards) lag from time to time. It's definitely not a common occurrence though.

Posted via CB10
    siele likes this.
    03-23-14 01:00 AM