On the playbook you can only store 30 days max emails. I hope they don't have this limit on the BB10. Thanks.
    02-01-13 09:38 AM
    What type of account? GMail? Active Sync?
    02-01-13 09:41 AM
    Gmail for me. Google apps (free version) hosts my work email as its only a small business.

I hope there is no limit..... that would be a huge turnoff. I'm trying to be patient for the canadian release
    02-01-13 09:44 AM
    What type of account? GMail? Active Sync?
    All accounts.
    02-01-13 09:45 AM
    ActiveSync - 30 days max.
    Yahoo, as an example, is pull and doesn't show any limit in the setup.
    zzbsb likes this.
    02-01-13 09:48 AM
    ActiveSync - 30 days max.
    Yahoo, as an example, is pull and doesn't show any limit in the setup.
    30 day for ActiveSync? That sucks. I hope with BES there won't be this limit?
    02-01-13 09:54 AM
    My guess - since I don't have BES10 and probably won't ever - is that BES10 will not have this restriction.
    02-01-13 09:58 AM
    If you need an email older than 30 days can't you just use the browser to get it?
    02-01-13 10:28 AM
    For GMail and Yahoo, of course. For Exchange ActiveSync that may not be available to everyone - depends on how EAS was configured.
    02-01-13 10:30 AM
    I posed the same question in a couple of other conversations. And received conflicting answers. This is the screen cap I received when I specifically asked about a Gmail account (not a Google apps account) on BB10, via IMAP (since EAS is no longer being supported by Google for new sets-ups). Note the "Forever" option at the bottom. I can't confirm personally until I get my hands on the Z10...
    Attached Thumbnails Question for Z10 owners: Is there a limit for how many days email you can sync?-no-30-day-max.resized.jpg  
    02-01-13 10:42 AM
    If you need an email older than 30 days can't you just use the browser to get it?
    no no no, this is excuse needs to stop. There is no way i am going to try to log into my work account via the browser. This is s stupid limitation put in place by BB.
    02-01-13 10:48 AM
    no no no, this is excuse needs to stop. There is no way i am going to try to log into my work account via the browser. This is s stupid limitation put in place by BB.
    Exactly.
    JLA2013 likes this.
    02-01-13 10:49 AM
    Well then maybe when stating such people should say "this is work email provided by BES, not provided by BES " or however you're getting your work email. For me not using any work email its a non issue but for those that are, sure it is.
    02-01-13 10:57 AM
    I don't know 30 limit is activesync issue also according to above.
    02-01-13 10:58 AM
    I can confirm that with IMAP you can't get more than 30 days from the get-go. I can't get access to any email from before 1st January 2013. This sucks massively and hope that BlackBerry do something to fix it. On iPhone you could set a limit to how many emails to pull down but you could at least keep loading them from the server if you wanted to look at older than that. Awful design choice if BlackBerry doesn't fix this.
    02-01-13 11:06 AM
    I don't know 30 limit is activesync issue also according to above.
    i am using activesync on other devices as well. its not an activesync limit
    02-01-13 11:17 AM
    i am using activesync on other devices as well. its not an activesync limit
    And you or no one else correct njblackberry?
    02-01-13 11:35 AM
    I posed the same question in a couple of other conversations. And received conflicting answers. This is the screen cap I received when I specifically asked about a Gmail account (not a Google apps account) on BB10, via IMAP (since EAS is no longer being supported by Google for new sets-ups). Note the "Forever" option at the bottom. I can't confirm personally until I get my hands on the Z10...
    I can confirm that with IMAP you can't get more than 30 days from the get-go. I can't get access to any email from before 1st January 2013. This sucks massively and hope that BlackBerry do something to fix it. On iPhone you could set a limit to how many emails to pull down but you could at least keep loading them from the server if you wanted to look at older than that. Awful design choice if BlackBerry doesn't fix this.
    hmm..... who is correct?
    02-01-13 11:39 AM
    does the device/OS have full IMAP Support? show all sub IMAP folders, etc..?

or is it just like the PlayBook OS 2.1 and only shows/syncs primary folders (inbox, sent, trash, spam)
    anon(3667697) likes this.
    02-01-13 12:44 PM
    Well, pushing the little button labeled Sync Timeframe under the advanced options of Edit Account has a 1, 3, 7, 14 and 30 day options. That is on the Z10 for an Exchange ActiveSync implementation. There is no Forever (which I wouldn't want anyway)

On my Lumia 920, connecting to the same Exchange ActiveSync source, it has options for 3 days, 7 days, 2 weeks, the last month AND ANY TIME.

Explain to me please how I am incorrect?
    02-01-13 12:50 PM
    So is the 30 day limit for the first time it syncs emails from the server?

I'm actually more concerned about the device not deleting my emails after 30 days. I can somewhat understand if it only syncs the last 30 days on first set up, but there's no reason for it to not keep the emails on the device for as long as I want.
    02-01-13 01:15 PM
    I have confirmed with my BES admin that there is an option to set it to be unlimited in BES10.
    02-01-13 03:23 PM
    I'm not crazy about that either. I'd like to get into folders where I have stored items, that sometimes need to get forwarded or edited. Yes, the yahoo app for iPhone lets you go through all your folders and look back as many months as possible in your yahoo email account.
    I know it's a little thing, but its my thing.
    I hope BlackBerry is listening!
    bb1010 likes this.
    04-16-13 01:46 AM
    According to Blackberry itself the 30 day limit was "designed to be that way".....
    ..In other words BBRY built the z & Q10 from that lack of functionality.
    ..Thus, BBRY would have it's work cut out for it in fabricating a work around to restore basic functionality.

People can always borrow a friend or strangers old iphone.....
    ...Quickly set up their email account on it.
    ....Find the email they are looking for then forward it to themselves then delete the account.

Given the market share that BBRY lost to I.O.S. this is a valid "work around"....
    ...Yeah, might be a little embarrassing but it would absolutely work quickly.

05-26-13 08:47 PM
    90 days

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 09:05 PM