I'm on EE UK, and, as such, I'm likely to get the official 10.1 update sometime in the next 40 years...

Therefore, I may go down the leaked route - I have one question, tho'... Obviously I'll back the Z10 up first, but is this just precautionary, or is it because the phone WILL get wiped whilst the leaked OS loads? The main reason I ask is that I have about 1200 photo's on my phone, and they're all in folders to keep it a bit tidy. I did have an issue back when I first got the Z10, so restored via BBLink, and the photos were all there, but no longer in thier folders, and this took a loooooooong time to rectify, as you can imagine.

Also, is .1762 the way to go? It seems to be the most recent...

Cheers.
    05-15-13 05:29 AM
    You will need to do a backup if using the loader file to load a leak.

If you can put your photos on the SD card you would not have the problem with losing them in a wipe.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 05:37 AM
    I suggest you just wait. It officially out very soon in your country if it is in Canada.

Posted Via CB on my Z10
    05-15-13 05:39 AM
    You will need to do a backup if using the loader file to load a leak.

If you can put your photos on the SD card you would not have the problem with losing them in a wipe.

Posted via CB10
    Hi. Thanks, but you've missed the point. I know I won't lose my photos, and they are on the SD card, but they are in folders, and I don't want to have to re-folder them all.
    05-15-13 05:46 AM
    I suggest you just wait. It officially out very soon in your country if it is in Canada.

Posted Via CB on my Z10
    Thanks for the reply, but I did state in my post that I'm with EE in the UK, which is why I may update the leak.
    05-15-13 05:47 AM
    Hi. Thanks, but you've missed the point. I know I won't lose my photos, and they are on the SD card, but they are in folders, and I don't want to have to re-folder them all.
    Here is a novel idea, remove the SD card so it CAN NOT be affected.
    05-15-13 05:50 AM
    I'm on EE and loaded the leaked release over the weekend and very glad I did. Re the photos, can't you copy the folder on the SD onto a PC via before loading the leaked version and then copy it back again after the main post install restore from Link?

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 05:53 AM
    Here is a novel idea, remove the SD card so it CAN NOT be affected.
    Novel - doesn't work tho. The photos are on the SD card - the fact they are in folders is phone related, not SD card related.

Again, the issue is NOT about losing photos, it's if installing the leaked OS WILL wipe the phone, or if it's likely to update like an official one, and the back-up is precuationary.
    05-15-13 05:54 AM
    Hi. Cheers, but no. It just backs the photos up - not by folder.
    05-15-13 05:55 AM
    It will wipe the phone.

Posted via CB10
    Stwutter likes this.
    05-15-13 05:55 AM
    Any reason you can't just get a voda/o2 payg sim and a pair of scissors and get official update?

Posted via CB10
    Spawn12 and Ben1232 like this.
    05-15-13 05:59 AM
    It will wipe the phone.

Posted via CB10
    Hallelujah. Thanks. All I needed to know.
    05-15-13 05:59 AM
    Hallelujah. Thanks. All I needed to know.
    If the folders are phone related, which i dont really understand? Why dont you just plug the SD card into your pc and make folders on the SD card that wont change regardless of what updates you do to the phone, also much easier to move the photos around into the new folders using your PC
    05-15-13 06:24 AM
    Just take the SD card out do the update reinsert SD card. The device cannot wipe or effect what is fitted when you do the update.
    05-15-13 06:39 AM
    Now, is the time to wait for your 10.1 carrier release....But I do feel your anxiety.

Can't speak from experience about owning a phone in the UK but it is one of BB's very best markets. Has BB UK had a history of releasing new revs weeks after the U.S.!? UNLESS you have: 1) lots of time on your hands, 2) some mission critical app that requires 10.1 and it's absence today is causing you financial (or severe) emotional loss, or 3) a propensity for mental gymnastics.

Why would (most) anyone download an "uncertified" leak when BB announced and began its official releases of 10.1 yesterday? If you acquired recently, learn more about the phone. If you acquired a Z 2-3 months ago, then there obviously was no urgency. BTW, as of today, 10.1 not released in most of U.S. either. While you may be disappointed with many flaws in 10.0 (as, frankly, am I), be happy now that 10.1 is ready and consider not to potentially exacerbate your issues with an unsupported leak--even if reported as a near perfect image.

Then again if, as stated, you have determined that your UK carrier will withhold 10.1 until July, or even mid June, fire away....but caveat emptor.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by M65c02; 06-10-13 at 12:41 PM.
    05-15-13 06:56 AM
    I'm with 02 n got it yesterday

Posted via Z10 NEWCASTLE 24E33C29
    05-15-13 07:00 AM
    Now, is the time to wait for your 10.1 carrier release....But I do feel your anxiety.

Can't speak from experience about owning a phone in the UK but it is one of BB's very best markets. Has BB UK had a history of releasing new revs weeks after the U.S.!? UNLESS you have: 1) lots of time on your hands, 2) some mission critical app that requires 10.1 and it's absence today is causing you financial (or severe) emotional loss, or 3) a propensity for mental gymnastics.

Why would (most) anyone download an "uncertified" leak when BB announced and began its official releases of 10.1 yesterday? If you acquired recently, learn more about the phone. If you acquired a Z 2-3 months ago, then there obviously was no urgency. BTW, as of today, 10.1 not released in most of U.S. either. While you may be disappointed with many flaws in 10.0 (as, frankly, am I), be happy now that 10.1 is ready and consider not to potentially exacerbate your issues with an unsupported leak--even if reported as a near perfect image.

Then again if, as stated, you have determined that your UK carrier will withhold 10.1 until July, or even mid June, fire away.

Posted via CB10
    Crikey. Maybe I'm just an impatient so and so, but it s more principal. EE are notorious for slow release, and I'm giving them my business in a competitive market.

Your points are noted, but this is a good enough reason for me.

You used HOW much lube?i
    05-15-13 07:26 AM
    I installed the leak before yesterday's updates,left my sd card in and all pictures stayed in folders, I did make the folders with blackberry link might be worth doing that first.
    05-15-13 07:56 AM
    It doesn't wipe your SD card and all folders on SD will remain intact. I installed. 1762 leak then downgraded to the official leak and everything was intact after a restore.
    I'm also with EE.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 08:06 AM