I have a z10 stl-003 running 10.1.0.2014 on Telus network. The last 2 updates I have done has resulted in something different happening. When I did an update 2 weeks ago, after the update the phone requests a reboot for the update to complete the install. After the restart, my phone stays at 100% and does nothing. I waited like 20 mind and nothing happened. I did a battery pull and it got to 100% again and stayed there. I then pulled the sim and restarted and then it completed the loading procedure. My phone was acting really weird and glitchy. I shut the phone off properly and inserted the sin back in and started it again and it started just fine. A pop up said it didn't update properly followed by another pop up instantly saying my phone is now updated to 10.1.0.x ( I forget what the last numbers were). Anyways I got another update 2 days ago for 10.1.0.2014. Same thing happened again. It was stuck at 100% for a while. I waited even longer this time and nothing. I then pulled the battery and sim and then it wouldn't start at all and it was doing was blinking the red led light over and over. It was blinking the same error code. So the only thing I could do was try an autoloader or hook up to link and click reload. Either way I just lost all my data that was on my phone. Sure many will say just load a back up file after I reloaded the OS software. Now that would be just fine IF I had a backup file. See except for the 2nd day I had my z10 I have not been able to figure out how to back up my phone. It was always greyed out on link. So I had nothing to load on my phone. Good thing is, I had almost everything on my 32gb sd card. What I didn't have was my contacts and all my memos that I had in BlackBerry Remember. I then went to BlackBerry Protect and it allows you to use a back up on once so I did that and got back what I lost so that made me happy. Also I now use a different laptop and the backup option works on link in that laptop.

Anyways I'm worried about the next time I get an update. Has anyone else had their phone stick at 100% after an update? Also what do you do when it does? Do you just leave it an wait even if it take a long time? The last update said something about fixing something that has to do with updates so maybe I won't get the same problem again. I just wanted to see if others have experienced the same thing.

Thanks crackberry nation!

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    06-27-13 06:34 PM
    It happened to me once but a battery pull fixed it. I gave it 15 mins

Posted Via My Most Used BlackBerry App
    06-27-13 06:45 PM
    Ya I did that a few times too. I'm afraid to do it again if it happens to stick at 100% again. Although I finally have a back up saved now on another computer so it won't be as bad as this past time.

06-27-13 06:55 PM
    Ya I did that a few times too. I'm afraid to do it again if it happens to stick at 100% again. Although I finally have a back up saved now on another computer so it won't be as bad as this past time.

Try to have all your Info and contacts written down somewhere hidden just in case. I had issues restoring a back up from an older os when I downgraded. There's ways around that but I'm not too familiar with it

Posted Via My Most Used BlackBerry App
    06-28-13 02:01 AM