OK weird this just stayed happening
    ... i can hear people. But people can't hear me..... bit when I go on speaker phone... they can hear me? is it my settings? Should I do a clean wipe or something.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 06:02 PM
    ... i can hear people. But people can't hear me..... bit when I go on speaker phone... they can hear me? is it my settings? Should I do a clean wipe or something.

Posted via CB10
    That happens sometimes with me on a bad connection. If that's happening all the time it definitely isn't normal.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    05-22-14 06:04 PM
    im with bell its only been happening yesterday and today.... I donno if I touched something wrong,,, gunna try a security wipe.... and restore.
    05-22-14 07:11 PM
    Download Blackberry Virtual Expert (it may be included in newer versions of the OS). It contains a series of tests.
    05-22-14 07:17 PM
    im with bell its only been happening yesterday and today.... I donno if I touched something wrong,,, gunna try a security wipe.... and restore.
    I'm with Bell too. Haven't noticed anything today.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    05-22-14 07:23 PM
    I had this problem with my z10 recently, turned out to just be a bunch of dust clogged up in the mic port on the bottom. Simple to clean out, try checking that first

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 08:08 PM
    Which mic is used for speakerphone? I thought it was the top mic, right of the power button, but I could certainly be wrong...

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 10:42 PM
    richsaav89 how do clean dust from mic? I got same problem

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 12:17 AM
    Ya I did the audio test i can hear my self..... but when people call i can hear them but they can't hear me.... is there a button i nay have pressed... only way I can talk is with a head set or speaker phone..... i just got my phone unlocked too so I can't bring it anywhere to have it fixed.... any ideas??? why it would work with. BBVE PERFECTLY.. then not when people call.... sooo annoying.....its clearly working I'd bbve says it is
    05-23-14 02:30 AM
    Ya I did the audio test i can hear my self..... but when people call i can hear them but they can't hear me.... is there a button i nay have pressed... only way I can talk is with a head set or speaker phone..... i just got my phone unlocked too so I can't bring it anywhere to have it fixed.... any ideas??? why it would work with. BBVE PERFECTLY.. then not when people call.... sooo annoying.....its clearly working I'd bbve says it is
    i had this same issue with my Z30, i did a hard reboot and it fixed the issue

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    05-23-14 02:35 AM
    How did you go about the hard reboot... golding the two side buttons or holding power
    05-23-14 02:38 AM
    richsaav89 how do clean dust from mic? I got same problem

Posted via CB10
    With compressed air..

Posted via CB10/O.S.10.2.1.2228
    05-23-14 08:19 AM
    Which mic is used for speakerphone? I thought it was the top mic, right of the power button, but I could certainly be wrong...

Posted via CB10
    There is a mic at the top and bottom. Have not seen documented which is the speaker phone mic etc.

Using a BlackBerry Z10! The "UnDroid"!
    05-23-14 08:40 AM
    Ran simple test and found that when using the phone, the top mic is active when you are using the speaker phone.
    It switches to the lower mic when in normal headset mode.

Simply called another phone and switched between speaker and headset and blew lightly on each mic.

Also my ISkin soft case was not "dead on center" on the top mic. I modified it so the complete mic hole is exposed.
    Blew it out, carefully with a can of compressed air.

This should solve my issue of folks not hearing me real well on speaker phone.
    I was using the wrong mic. The correct mic is on top for that mode.
    I suspect the voice recorder also makes use of this mic as well.

As for hearing folks when using either speaker or headset mode I find setting the call audio to " Treble Boost" helps to clear things up some. I little muddy before this.
    Call screen, Phone settings, Call audio.

We shall see...
    Carterbits likes this.
    05-23-14 09:09 AM
    Ran simple test and found that when using the phone, the top mic is active when you are using the speaker phone.
    It switches to the lower mic when in normal headset mode.
    Thanks, that's what I thought.

Download Noted, my 5-star rated, native BB10 notepad app.
    05-23-14 09:14 AM
    I have no.problem hearing people.... people just can't hear me at all.... i did a battery pull and left it out for an hour.. see if that helps.... use to work perfectly.... all.of. sudden nothing.... so you guys end up fixing this... or am I without a microphone for awhile and have to use speaker phone.
    05-23-14 09:44 AM
    I am not sure but is there a mute function/button? That is something to press that would cut off the mic so that you can talk to someone while preventing the phone from transmitting the sound - a privacy mode? Does the middle button on the side act that way? Or on the key/dial pad when on a call that folks are inadvertantly hitting?
    05-23-14 11:42 AM
    Just so you know you're not alone. Had the same issue on my z10. It was a new handset and still the problem. My friends are also facing the same issue. We've sent it to service centre and hope they resolve it.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 12:03 PM
    I had this too. It seems to be cropping up a lot lately which somewhat suggests a possible software fault to me. When it happened to me a factory reset/restore fixed it, most times, but only for a few calls. This would appear to back up the software theory.

In the end though, I got the phone replaced by my carrier and it hasn't happened since, which then suggests it was hardware. It's a funny one.

(Incidentally BVE tests the same mic that the speaker phone uses so is a pointless test for this issue.)
    05-23-14 02:16 PM
    Recently My kids dropped my phone and right after it I lost my Microphone (main one). I did all the tests, Battery pool, hard reset, upgraded the OS wiped the phone new latest OS nothing helped. By the way I lost my phone vibrator as well I am out of warranty and I opened the phone at some point I managed to get the vibrator working however after putting the phone together I lost it I am assuming we need to get a new Microphone. I am on AT&T Z10 Stl100-3 OS 10.2.1.3175.

P.S. also notice that my phone call screen time to time freezes and I have to restart the phone.

I am assuming that it is most likely software issue than hardware or hardware issue caused by faulty software.
    05-23-14 02:49 PM
    Where I live they have a million kiosks in the mall that repair phones i dont want to send mine away.... they say repair nd unlock and I always see them tearing apart phones... do you think they could fix the mic? seems like it wouldn't be something hard to do.... and they fix them quick... just don't want to be without a phone and stick with a crap loaner phone for weeks... looks like I'm stuck on speaker phone for awhile... which sucks i refuse to wear a head set lol
    05-23-14 03:08 PM
    Anyone have experience with those kiosks in the mall... they are everywhere around here.... mostly just say broken screens and unlocks... and they are pretty cheap too... just unlocked my phone for 25 bucks... you can barter with them as well... seems like a speaker problem should not be a big deal to fox? not sure the externals.... i did try the security wipe and fill restore... still nothing.... it's really frustrating i do not want to send it on... my warranty is up.. it's been over a year now.... Plus if I send in a unlocked phone they will be like wtf.... just asking if anyone has experience with those guys or not
    05-23-14 05:10 PM
    This is a very frustrating experience... reading some people taking their sim and battery out for a few hours.... or doing a security wipe? what's better security wipe or restore??? So sick of this... i just made a video unless it's using only the top mic and not the bottom mic... could this be a software issue???? some some guys must have some sort or ideas I'm desperate...
    05-23-14 05:51 PM
    Anyone fix their problem without sending it away

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 06:25 PM
    Starting to wonder if it's a glitch in a update i made with a program... headset works fine.... my video camera works fine.... what are some options besides sending it away
    Someone must have had this problem and fixed it
    05-23-14 06:36 PM
33 12