I just bought a z10, i have a 9810 right now. I'm kinda afraid to make the transfer as bbm chat history is very important for me. Maybe you can help by answering my questions.

1. Will the bbm chat history transfer over to the z10? Or how to do it? (right now i saved the chat history on the mem card on the 9810)

2. After the transfer, can i still view the bbm chat and chat history on the old phone (9810) if the mem card is still there ?

3. After the transfer, on the bbm chat (in the new phone), will it show the open chats as from the old phone?

The BBM on the 9810 is almost perfect chatting app, i just cant stand how laggy the phone is. Hopefully some of you can help ease my transition to the z10.

Thanks.
    04-09-13 12:02 AM
    I was not able to transfer it to the Z10 - I don't think it's do-able, so you're probably not going to move off your 9810 if they're that crucial to you...

There does not seem to be any way to associate the chats on your SD card with the Z10 BBM chats...at least nothing I have found anyway.

In fact, when I wiped my Z10 a month ago, I was not able to see previous Z10 BBM chats either...so as of today, I can only go back to March 19th, not that I care, but I've had this Z10 since the beginning of February. That should answer your question.
    04-09-13 12:25 AM
    OH NO! Thats very very bad.

But you can still view the old chat history in your previous phone right?

I wonder how the chat history is really like in the OS10. Seems weird if its gone after you wipe it.

Thanks for your answer.
    04-09-13 01:14 AM
    Actually on a BB10 device you cant unless you had BBM open and dont connect the phone to any network. My epxperiance is that the BBM chat even though saved, gets lost and even if you logon to the old phone your chat history gets wiped becasue BBM defaults to not saving Chat history when you first login
    05-13-15 05:02 AM
    Actually on a BB10 device you cant unless you had BBM open and dont connect the phone to any network. My epxperiance is that the BBM chat even though saved, gets lost and even if you logon to the old phone your chat history gets wiped becasue BBM defaults to not saving Chat history when you first login
    If I toggle Save Chat History to the on position BBM crashes on load and I lose all my chats, keeping it off saves them.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 07:40 AM