Hi,
    I bought a micro - Hdmi to HDMI converter and a Hdmi cable for 5 meters.

Though I see the output in my 23in acer, it goes in 2 seconds. Then it comes back again. It keeps on happening.

First I thought it is due cpu or memory, but device monitor shows less memory and cpu usage.

What could the problem and how can I fix it?..
    SOLVED:
    Thanks for all the suggestion. I bought a china made cable for 4 USD , which is just 1.5 meters, that did the trick. Apparently its the length of the cable that is the issue even though the cable is premium brand. I remember reading somewhere that upto some 4.8 mts, we don't need power amplifier for HDMI cables. May be 5 meter + micro hdmi convertor is bad combination.
    Anand, Z10, India
    Last edited by anand_ma; 02-05-14 at 12:17 AM. Reason: wrong price quote
    02-02-14 06:37 AM
    My guess is low quality cable.

I had an issue with a tv last year hooking up my roku and I was so bummed. It always cut out. I first decided it was the roku so I'd turn it off and on again. That worked for a while.

Then I thought it was the tv. I had bought it third hand and it had a refurbished sticker on the back. With no other Hdmi device to test, I assumed the Hdmi input was going out.

I came this close to buying a new TV and then some angel in my head told me that the Hdmi cord I was using had been found "somewhere".

I couldn't even remember where, but I bought a monster cable and everything worked great.

Try a new, better cable.

Posted via CB10
    jerryeight likes this.
    02-02-14 06:43 AM
    Thank you for the reply, but my computer talked to the monitor quite great with the same cable sans converter, do you that's the culprit

Anand

Anand, Z10, India
    02-02-14 06:56 AM
    Anand, it may also be a flakey connection between the micro-hdmi end of the cable and the hdmi input port on the phone. I use my Z10 with hdmi quite a bit and if I "jiggle" the wire or the phone a little bit, sometimes the signal on the screen and the audio cut out momentarily. So I try to make the connection firmly, set the phone down, and try to avoid brushing against the cable or touching the phone during playback.

I wish the connection was firmer and tighter... as with a lot of things in life.

Posted via CB10
    anand_ma likes this.
    02-02-14 08:53 AM
    Regularly cutting in and out occurs on poor cables OR poor output signal strength from the transmitting device. The longer the cable is, the more likely you are to encounter it. It's a common problem on the raspberry pi. On those devices, a shorter premium cable worked, and they hacked it to increase its output strength(at the cost of its very limited power constraints to make it work on longer cables.

Posted via CB10
    anand_ma likes this.
    02-02-14 09:48 AM
    Thanks for all the suggestion. I bought a china made cable for 4 USD , which is just 1.5 meters, that did the trick. Apparently its the length of the cable that is the issue even though the cable is premium brand. I remember reading somewhere that upto some 4.8 mts, we don't need power amplifier for HDMI cables. May be 5 meter + micro hdmi convertor is bad combination.
    Last edited by anand_ma; 02-05-14 at 12:16 AM. Reason: wrong price quote
    02-03-14 08:58 PM
    Glad you got it figured out.

This is a prime example of what forum tech support should look like. Everyone civil, different ideas for a solution, and problem is resolved.

Just wish I'd thought of the distance problem. Until next time!

Posted via CB10
    anand_ma and PatrickMJS like this.
    02-04-14 06:07 AM
    I'm also glad you figured it out. My micro-hdmi cables are about 3 meters long (10 feet) and cost about $10. And they work just fine.

Posted via CB10
    anand_ma likes this.
    02-04-14 07:09 AM
    I have purchased all my hdmi cables from monoprice.com. Some as long as fifteen feet five meters.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 08:26 AM
    Monoprice is definitely the best way to go if you're not in a hurry, but I recommend taking inventory of all of your cable needs so you can get the most for the shipping cost. Glad I bought component cables for my game systems when they were still in stock there, along with a bunch of ethernet, microUSB, and s-video cables.
    anand_ma likes this.
    02-04-14 09:39 AM
    You purchased 5 meter cable with a micro HDMI at one end ? I could not find one. I saw only HDMI-HDMI in 5 meter range.
    I have purchased all my hdmi cables from monoprice.com. Some as long as fifteen feet five meters.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 12:13 AM
    I have always had to reduce the resolution of the hdmi output to be in to work. I.e. Instead of 1080p i gad to set it to 720p.

Z10, 10.2.1.1925 (waiting for a leak)
    02-05-14 01:35 AM
    It is working for me at 1080p FULL HD resoluction. My monitor is 23 inches. What i miss badly is some form of cursor to operate my phone without looking at it.

I would love to play games in big screen
    02-05-14 04:05 AM
    You purchased 5 meter cable with a micro HDMI at one end ? I could not find one. I saw only HDMI-HDMI in 5 meter range.
    I believe monoprice sold that length in the past. it runs across my den from tv to desk.
    02-05-14 08:22 AM
    I stay in india..if I order overseas my shipping will be greater than my product cost. Thanks anyway

Anand, Z10, India
    02-05-14 10:43 AM
    It is working for me at 1080p FULL HD resoluction. My monitor is 23 inches. What i miss badly is some form of cursor to operate my phone without looking at it.

I would love to play games in big screen
    I use a blietooth mouse to control my z10
    02-05-14 06:18 PM
    If i connect mouse/keyboard, will i have a cursor on screen? Can you post couple of images for me?
    I use a blietooth mouse to control my z10
    02-05-14 11:49 PM
    If i connect mouse/keyboard, will i have a cursor on screen? Can you post couple of images for me?
    with the mouse I do g et a cursor. can't post since I'm on a ski trip and did not bring the mouse.
    02-06-14 07:57 AM
    The cursor, as far as I know, is the little vertical line indicating the point where you are currently entering text. But the normal mouse pointer symbol is a little black arrow that moves around when you move the mouse. And it allows you to click very precisely to put the cursor where you want it.
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 02-06-14 at 09:15 AM.
    anand_ma likes this.
    02-06-14 08:50 AM