Im hoping this will go down in price what's the battery like and more importantly the speaker quality. I have a Z10 hoping it's much better than that

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 02:43 AM
    I have both. They are both good quality. Speakers are pretty similar.
    09-24-14 04:09 AM
    I also have them both. And q10 is definitely a more premium device. It has better build quality, better speakers, way better battery life. Of course, z10 isn't bad at all, it has the bigger and in my opinion better screen with more realistic colors. I use q10 as my main device, and z10 as second and for surfing web,reading longer texts,emails,web pages..

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 05:32 AM
    I have the Q10, never had the Z10. I am very happy with the Q10... indeed very well built, robust feeling in your hands, fast and good size.

For the battery I am a little disappointed but I might have unreasonable expectations... the battery lasts almost the full day with medium to heavy usage. (my expectations were that it will last the full day 7am to 12am with heavy usage). The battery lasts the full day although with light to medium usage. (you can swap the battery although so this is not a major problem, I did buy a second one).

No concerns about the screen but I never compared it with the Z10. The colors and light is bright enough for me, even I would have liked to have the option to dim it further to save battery. I personally keep it to the minimum because I do a lot of reading in the dark and I can't see much of a difference in the light.

Obviously the operating system is identical but keep in mind you have the shortcuts with the keyword, something that I love and is a big reason to get the Q10.

Good luck and tell us what you think about it once you bought it!

Powered by BB
    09-24-14 05:54 AM
    The q10 definetly is a better build and more sturdy device! I have them both now and prefer the bigger screen on the z10 but in all other ways the q10 is better.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 06:11 AM
    I have both. The Q10 is now my daily driver. Gave the Z10 to my son.

Q10 has the keyboard shortcuts that I love, better speakers and form function that fits well in my smaller hands. I also like the fact that I don't have to fiddle my phone from portrait to landscape to take pictures. Just point and shoot.

I miss the LCD display on the Z10. Not a huge fan of the amoled display. The Classic is supposed to have the LCD. The keyboard on the Z10 is nice too.

I get better signal with my Q10. Battery life is almost a day on the Q10. I have the battery bundle. I would get about 10 hours on my Z10, so not complaining there either. I notice that the bluetooth connection on my Q10 is better too. I can move further away from my BlackBerry Music Gateway with the Q10 vs the Z10.

Both are great devices.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    09-24-14 07:31 AM
    what's the battery like and more importantly the speaker quality. I have a Z10 hoping it's much better than that
    I've owned all of the BB 10 devices to date. The Z30 has the best battery life and speaker quality. With respect to speaker quality, I actually found the Q5 to be a smidge better than the Q10, but the Q10 has a much better screen, build-quality and camera. Except for the smaller screen, the Q10 is equal to or better than the Z10 in every way. The screen quality is top notch, as is battery life and speaker quality. I used a Z10 for a year, then switched to a Q10 for a few months, and have now upgraded to a Z30. It's a hair too big for my tastes, but is hands-down the best device I've used to date. The build quality, battery life, and speaker quality are second to none. If something happened to it tomororw, I'd be back to my Q10 in a heartbeat.

Strictly comparing the Q10 and Z10, the battery life and speaker quality of the Q10 are much, much better than the Z10.
    09-24-14 08:08 AM