So in about 3 months I'll be getting the Passport, but my girlfriend also wants a new phone and I've figured it would be cheaper if we bought them at the same time (either from ebay or amazon).

Now, I don't have that many options, since my budget is limited, so it would be around 150-170$ max for her.
    I have 2 phones in mind - the Z10 and the S2 (international version). The Z30 would have been the perfect choice, but it's too expensive.
    I've owned an S2 before and with the official extended battery (2000mAh) it was still terrible, in terms of battery life, even rooted and running Android 4.4. The original battery was 1650mAh.
    The Z10 has a 1800mAh battery and from what I've read it would behave worse than the S2. I'm considering either a spare or a charger pack (but no extended batteries, especially Mugen, who make the phone look like a brick/soap bar).

I would have chosen the Z10, but almost every problem (software wise) of the S2 could be remedied by a custom rom. The Z10 has the leaks, but how much better will it fare against the Samsung?

I'm looking for a straight answer and I hope I won't be bashed as some of the members happen to do to those who ask these kinds of questions, but my budget doesn't allow me to stretch too much (considering that I'm also buying the Passport) and the S2, despite the lousy battery life, was a workhorse and a safe bet. She knows Android, but lately, due to my fascination for BB, she started sharing some of the interest and she also likes the Z10 but wants decent battery life.

Can you please advise me what to do? Thanks!

*I'm not a noob, just my profile is *
    09-27-14 09:16 AM
    hmm nexus 5 maybe? better than the S2 for sure IMO and they will be cheaper since nexus 6 will be out. My z10 doesnt quite get the same battery life as my nexus 5 and its about 1 year old than the N5 as well. You also might wait to see what the pricing of the Z20 (z3 w/lte) is as its suppose to be lower cost and will have much better battery over the z10 and probably the nexus as well. 3 months is a long time to see what prices actually come down to. I would think an S3 would be close to that price range even
    09-27-14 09:29 AM
    Thanks but the S3 looks way too cheap for the money and doesn't offer that much over the S2. The Nexus isn't a viable option either since it has no SD support. As for the Z3, it's weaker than the Z10... Am I too picky? )) I know I am but after all, it's about value for money and a Z10+an extra battery is cheaper than an S3... Thanks anyway for your reply
    09-27-14 10:14 AM
    Z10 over S2 any day.

Posted via CB10 on my Smart Black Z10
    09-27-14 10:21 AM