Okay, folks.

I have yet to buy my z10 shall be doing it at the end of the month, when I jump carriers to t mobile USA, but had a question that I suppose us for any phone, but because implanting on getting the z10, is more specific for that.

What would happen if i put a rogers(for example) SIM card into my z10 while I'm visiting toronto? My thoughts would be that my z10 turns into a tablet, ie, no calls or texts but would still be able to use data, which is all I want to do without paying horrible roaming charges.
    EDIT: this is of course, assuming my phone is unlocked
    Thanks
    04-10-13 09:45 AM
    Good question, I would: a) ask Rogers and see what they say, or b) just give it a shot and report back to us your findings.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 10:34 AM
    Okay, seeing as TELUS(i know i said Rogers before, but, found an answer on telus) makes these things the easiest, I went to the Telus site and found this

If a SIM card is installed on a voice device, airtime is charged at $1.00 per minute. Long distance voice minutes to Canada and the US (except Hawaii or Alaska) are charged at an additional $1.00 per minute. Additional voice roaming charges may apply outside of Canada.
    fine print on this page Data Plans for Tablets | Plans for iPad | Plans | TELUS Mobility

So, is what this is saying is, I can do it and it would work just like i thought, just, using the phone parts would get expensive quickly?
    04-10-13 02:10 PM
    I can confirm it works just fine for Fido and Rogers...just dont make any calls or txt...they charge $1/min and $0.25 per txt!!
    04-10-13 02:28 PM
    I forgot to mention , just make sure you buy the sim card locally in TO or you'll still pay roaming charges (Canadian)!
    04-10-13 02:30 PM