Is there any way to put the Z10 to sleep without hitting the power button or waiting for it to time out?

On the PlayBook, I can press the battery icon and then select Stand By. If there was something similar on the Z10, I can't seem to find it.

Posted via CB10
    goodcoffy likes this.
    03-28-13 06:19 PM
    In the clock app slide down from the top and hit the bedside icon

If your phone is locked just drag your finger down from the top and pull the shade down this does the same thing

Or the two step, not the dance way is to hit the button at the top of the phone then slide the shade down so click - slide, guess that is a two step move yeehaw

Hope that helps

Posted from my Zed 10*CA*
    goodcoffy likes this.
    03-28-13 06:22 PM
    Is there any way to put the Z10 to sleep without hitting the power button or waiting for it to time out?

On the PlayBook, I can press the battery icon and then select Stand By. If there was something similar on the Z10, I can't seem to find it.

Posted via CB10
    When the PB or any of the older BBs are on standby, they are in rest mode. They are not switched off. On the Z10, the equivalent is the Bedside Mode. Swipe down from the top after you lock your keyboard. It's like drawing down the curtain.
    03-28-13 06:25 PM
    I have an OEM leather holster which wake the Z10 when withdrawn, and put it to sleep when inserted, super convenient. There are other cases that will do the same.
    03-28-13 06:28 PM
    I probably shouldn't have phrased it as putting it to sleep. I'm just looking for a way to shut the screen off without tapping the power button.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 07:59 PM