And you discovered about zero value today? However, there is a silver lining here - it has a zero value for thieves.

Posted via CB10
    I don't understand what you're stating here.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 06:12 PM
    That's what happens with tech.

The z10 is a unique one in that it was a write off. You won't be seeing cheaper prices for the q10 or z30 unless BlackBerry writes them down too.
    That makes sense. I didn't think about the write off. Thanks zensen. I also just remembered that BlackBerry was selling them for 200. A combination of all things considered makes sense of the current "value".

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 06:16 PM
    It will probably prevent me from being early adopter of anything BlackBerry again. Between my PlayBook week one purchase and Z10 week one purchase I paid over $1300 for devices that rapidly lost value and both can be bought for about $300 combined now. I should have bought an iPad because it would be worth more and still supported by Apple unlike the PlayBook. I bet my kids iPhone 5 could still fetch $500 aftermarket.

Posted via CB10
    For me it's more about the enjoyment I get out if the device.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-13-13 07:18 PM
    I used the word "value", because it is completely determined by perception. Perception in the US of A, gives BlackBerry zero value.

Posted via CB10
    If you would like to sell me your zero-value Z-10 in the United States I'll happily give you $1.00 for it, which is considerably more than you ascribe.

Please advise.
    12-13-13 07:19 PM
    If you would like to sell me your zero-value Z-10 in the United States I'll happily give you $1.00 for it, which is considerably more than you ascribe.

Please advise.
    You may want to read my original post and then the one you quoted. Then reread them again to understand what I am asking. You sound like a real jack *** with your comment.

Please Advise

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 11:19 PM
    My question wasn't asking if you were happy with your device. It was asking how you felt about the current "value" of the device.

I used the word "value", because it is completely determined by perception. Perception in the US of A, gives BlackBerry zero value.

Posted via CB10
    So what? I'm not in the mobile phone traditional business. If I like my phone I'm happy.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 11:26 PM
    So what? I'm not in the mobile phone traditional business. If I like my phone I'm happy.

Posted via CB10
    Ok

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 12:21 AM
    I don't understand what you're stating here
    Posted via CB10
    He was implying that it holds no value even amongst thieves�.which should keep your phone safe�classic quote lol
    12-14-13 12:35 AM
    Same can be said about buying a new car etc. What is important is that the device u have invested in is useful over the years. I bought my PB 64gb for about $229 and T-Mobile gave me a good deal on my Z10. The Playbook is going through daily usage by my son and I while the Z10 has far exceeded my expectations. So it doesn't bother me.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10
    12-14-13 12:40 AM
    Doesn't bother me at all. As a matter of fact I think that the steep drop in price is appropriate. When you buy in on the front end as we did, that risk is ever present.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 12:59 AM
    Every phone has a price drop. The fact that it is not apple and Android makes it worth more to me. I don't exactly follow the crowd and I'm certainly one to try different things.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 06:36 AM
    I bought a mint condition z10 off eBay for 190.00, excellent deal to me.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 06:39 AM
    I've noticed that just in the past month or so, the used market has been flooded with Z10's (on Kijiji, anyhow).. it's hilarious how much some people are asking for them though.
    Most, if not all, were purchased through employee pricing ~ $125 CAD (for a brand new one), so kijiji is a huge rip off. I have a Z30 now and sold my Z10 to help pay for it. I actually miss the Z10, and will most likely be picking it up through EPP as a back up phone, seeing as how it is practically a steal at that price. I am getting a Q10 as well once it hits sub $200.
    12-14-13 06:49 AM
    Every phone has a price drop. The fact that it is not apple and Android makes it worth more to me. I don't exactly follow the crowd and I'm certainly one to try different things.

Posted via CB10
    To be honest, anything besides iPhones and Samsung Galaxy phones hold very little value a few months after release. So if one is inclined to sell their phone in the future, buying anything else besides iPhones or Galaxy Phones make very little sense.
    12-14-13 06:51 AM
    You may want to read my original post and then the one you quoted. Then reread them again to understand what I am asking. You sound like a real jack *** with your comment.

Please Advise

Posted via CB10
    Anyone buying technology-related consumer products and not considering them expensed to zero -- or effectively so -- at the time of acquisition is an *****.

You buy a consumer electronics item to consume it over time. Due to technological advancement and the faddish nature of virtually all such items, along with quite-short warranties and their near-universal non-transferrability their resale value drops precipitously as soon as you walk out of the store.

The person who demands to have the newest and most-recently-released of such an item thus will pay double (and sometimes more) than what someone who is willing to wait for a while until that particular item is no longer the "hot new thing" will.

That you expected this particular item to buck what is a nearly-universal rule when it comes to consumer technology makes you the unrealistic fool.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-14-13 07:14 AM
    For me it's more about the enjoyment I get out if the device.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but I can wait and enjoy the same device for cheaper. The PlayBook never lived up to how it was sold and I only got couch surfing use out of it. I really like the Z10, but my 9900 worked fine and being an early adopter didn't buy me anything. BlackBerry simply isn't a company that I want to throw premium device money to anymore. I will wait for the Z30 fire sale and upgrade then.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 07:33 AM
    Anyone buying technology-related consumer products and not considering them expensed to zero -- or effectively so -- at the time of acquisition is an *****.

You buy a consumer electronics item to consume it over time. Due to technological advancement and the faddish nature of virtually all such items, along with quite-short warranties and their near-universal non-transferrability their resale value drops precipitously as soon as you walk out of the store.

The person who demands to have the newest and most-recently-released of such an item thus will pay double (and sometimes more) than what someone who is willing to wait for a while until that particular item is no longer the "hot new thing" will.

That you expected this particular item to buck what is a nearly-universal rule when it comes to consumer technology makes you the unrealistic fool.
    You win.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 11:41 AM
    That's an awesome price!!!

Canadian cities BBM Channel C001234A4
    BryantCarpio likes this.
    12-14-13 08:27 PM
    I was just on Kijiji, and I saw a few Z10's and even legacy devices. I saw a Q10 and thought it was overpriced. If you bought the phone yourself, it's used, as soon as it's out of the box. So value should go down by 50%. And if you've then used it lightly for a few months, you should take more money off. It's only fair. Some people charge way too much. I see it for iPhones. Yeah, they're expensive but if you ask $400 for a used one, I still don't think it's going to go well.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 08:39 PM
    That's an awesome price!!!

Canadian cities BBM Channel C001234A4
    I thought so too, so I bought it. This is the 4th Z10 I have purchased, I gifted the other 3. Keeping this one for myself.

Posted via CB10
    cdnynot and zensen like this.
    12-15-13 12:04 AM
    Actually it looks live z10 is hard to get in germany. Amazon sells the phone now for 379? instead of 279?.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 12:23 PM
    Actually Amazon in Germany won't sell z10. The lowest price for a new one is 344?. The anounced price on the platform is 391?. The white model is priced by 269?.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 07:28 AM
47 12