Hello everyone, I have just preordered the white Z10 from Verizon I am currently an android user - I have the HTC thunderbolt and a asus tf300t - and this will be my first blackberry device. I know that when you purchase apps on the Play Store, you can access them from any device as long as you log in to your account. Will I be able to somehow use my OfficeSuite Pro, purchased books and apps on the Z10 when it arrives, or will I have to buy them again ?

Thank you in advance for reading my question
    Jae
    03-18-13 10:28 PM
    Nope, purchased apps are usually done on a per platform basis. Purchased apps from the playbook will work on the Z10, but just like purchased android apps don't transfer to the iPhone, they won't to the Z10 either.

That said, some developers implement "Codes" and if you email them, they'll give you a code to upgrade to the full version for free if you've purchased it already. That's really rare though, and only applies to apps where the upgrade is via a "Code" and not separate "Lite" and "Full versions"
    03-18-13 10:30 PM
    Hi there, sorry to say this but I just wanted to let you know that OfficeSuite Pro isn't an app that's available in BlackBerry World and so no, you won't be able to use OfficeSuite Pro. As for your purchased books, if you bought them via Google Play and not via Kobo or Amazon's Kindle service, you probably won't be able to read them on the Z10. In regards to your other apps, you will have to see if they're available in BlackBerry World and if they're there, you'll have to re-download them if they're free apps and if they're paid apps, you'll have to buy them from BlackBerry World. It may be a bit inconvenient but because you're coming from Android, the Google Play site won't recognize the Z10 as a compatible device and therefore you won't be able to directly access the apps and books you had on your Android devices. Hope that answers your questions.
    03-18-13 10:37 PM
    Thank you for the quick reply I guess that sucks for me, but I read that the z10 comes with pretty good writing/reading/powerpoint software, do you have any experience with those? Would I be able to comfortably write with it or is it mostly good for viewing? I don't need to write whole essays, but it would be nice to be able to jot down my ideas when I think of them and dropbox/email them so I can work on them later on a computer/tablet. Also, is there an option to change the line spacing - like 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 etc-?
    03-18-13 10:38 PM
    Nope, purchased apps are usually done on a per platform basis. Purchased apps from the playbook will work on the Z10, but just like purchased android apps don't transfer to the iPhone, they won't to the Z10 either.

That said, some developers implement "Codes" and if you email them, they'll give you a code to upgrade to the full version for free if you've purchased it already. That's really rare though, and only applies to apps where the upgrade is via a "Code" and not separate "Lite" and "Full versions"
    Well, not all PlayBook apps will work on your Z10 however there is a pretty good chance that the apps that you use on your PlayBook are also compatible with the Z10. It depends on whether or not the developer took the time to make some adjustments in the app's code to allow for that to be possible.
    03-18-13 10:41 PM
    Thank you for the quick reply I guess that sucks for me, but I read that the z10 comes with pretty good writing/reading/powerpoint software, do you have any experience with those? Would I be able to comfortably write with it or is it mostly good for viewing? I don't need to write whole essays, but it would be nice to be able to jot down my ideas when I think of them and dropbox/email them so I can work on them later on a computer/tablet. Also, is there an option to change the line spacing - like 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 etc-?
    Docs to go is nothing short of fantastic on BB10. I just checked, and you can change the spacing to 1.5 and 2, but I don't think you can change it any more than that.

Purchased android apps-img_00000104.png

Purchased android apps-img_00000105.png
    03-18-13 10:45 PM
    My god, thank you for the pictures too. You guys are awesome can't wait for my z10 and become more involved in this community
    03-18-13 10:47 PM
    You're welcome

P.s. Are you korean? (your name). If you are, you might be disappointed to learn that there's no korean and japanese input in BB10. It displays both languages fine in the browser or other apps, such as the music player, but you aren't able to use them as a keyboard input language.

Also, if you want screen shots of other functions or have any other questions, feel free to ask!
    03-18-13 10:57 PM
    Yes I am Korean haha. Are you? I am not too disappointed since I do not use that much korean unless I am speaking to my parents on kakao.
    03-18-13 11:03 PM
    Yes I am Korean haha. Are you? I am not too disappointed since I do not use that much korean unless I am speaking to my parents on kakao.
    No, I'm not korean but my gf is, and I've picked up enough to be able to chat casually or at least write a few words in hangul here and there, so I definitely miss that. I hope BlackBerry will implement it in a future update. I'm not holding my breath for kakaotalk though, and I don't mind since whatsapp is a better app imo
    03-18-13 11:09 PM