PSA to all phone owners:
    The microUSB port is fragile, I would love to have apple's lightning port but we're stuck with usb.
    08-25-14 12:28 AM
    It fell off the nightstand, which is a about a foot and a half off the ground. This was onto carpeting. No way that fall should of broke that port.
    Well there is really only one answer for this post......**** HAPPENS!

Unfortunately for you it happened to a week old piece of electronics. Just because the unit didn't have a huge distance to travel and the ground was soft, doesn't mean the impact wasn't awkward. Obviously it was enough to jar the charging port loose.

Look! It's Zedzilla10! ?
    Dominique Dy likes this.
    08-25-14 07:26 AM
    I was lucky yesterday, well, semi-lucky. I accidentally swept my z10 off my desk when reaching for something and it was connected to the usb. As it swung from its ''neck" by the usb noose I cringed. And I was in the middle of a Restore. Fortunately, I did not rip out the port or cord. But it seems I chipped the edge of my case. So while I don't recommend it, it is not as fragile as I expected.
    08-25-14 10:57 AM
    I was lucky yesterday, well, semi-lucky. I accidentally swept my z10 off my desk when reaching for something and it was connected to the usb. As it swung from its ''neck" by the usb noose I cringed. And I was in the middle of a Restore. Fortunately, I did not rip out the port or cord. But it seems I chipped the edge of my case. So while I don't recommend it, it is not as fragile as I expected.
    LOL....I don't know how many times I've done this exact same thing to my BlackBerry's. Every time, my heart stops beating and I get that brace for impact look only to have my phone dangle with out fail.

The micro USB ports on the BlackBerry's are solid and although they too are not immune to manufacturing hardware defects, I don't believe it's as wide spread an issue as the OP would have us believe. This of course is IMO, given the amount of BlackBerry 's used over the last 10+ years.

Look! It's Zedzilla10! ?
    08-25-14 11:17 AM
    My Z10 usb port is battered but works. Original cable clips in properly. Old PlayBook charger does not and you have to push on it to work, but it isn't as bad as my friends Nexus 5 which has the same issue no matter what charging cable you use. It is so loose that the cable needs to hang off the edge of a table for it to connect properly.

Hopefully this comes soon.
    08-25-14 11:41 AM
    I think it has a lot to do with the way people take care of there phones.
    08-25-14 01:42 PM
    I don't think this is about usage and mis-use. There phones are more poorly built than their predecessors and the charging ports especially are more prone to defects, as exhibited here and by own experiencing with this device, replaced numerous times, versus previous devices.

I also don't think the 1 year warranty covers these defective charging port issues.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 07:09 AM
32 12