The last time I held a blackberry was while in line to buy the first iPhone. Just shut my iPhone 5 off two days ago after buying the Z10. Thought it would be fun to try something new but honestly didn't expect it to be permanent. Well...I just might be. I forgot how mobile email was supposed to be and after years of being hypnotized by the pretty Apple squares the Z has been an incredibly sobering experience. Keyboard is the best I've ever used and the browser is stellar. I'm a small businessman with 10 phones in the monthly budget between staff and family and planning on picking up at least one more Z in the next day to give the system the full test. Which brings me to a question. One of the reasons I'm anxious to try another is to experience BBM which I didn't use or wasn't available in my old BlackBerry life. How does it differ from iMessenger? Is it quicker than testing? More secure? One negative I've noticed about the Z10 is a delay with texting in general.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 09:11 PM
    BBM in my opinion is the top messenger application out there. Not too mention it's secured!
    04-01-13 09:18 PM
    Here's some info on BBM, scroll down and check out all the features;

BlackBerry Messenger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    04-01-13 09:23 PM
    Welcome Back!!
    04-01-13 09:29 PM
    Always feels good to get one back! Welcome!

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    04-01-13 09:32 PM
    BBM of old was just like iMessage. However, on BBOS 10, it's a totally different beast! Apart from real time IMs, it also allows you to do voice as well as video chats. You can also screen share and discuss presentations, documents, etc. The uses are endless. I used to manage a teleradiology company and BBM was invaluable for me in communicating with my people. Where it really shined was during international travel. It definitely is more secure than regular texting and you have the added comfort of knowing if your messages were delivered and also read (all of which iMessage now does).

Once you use it, you will wonder how your team did without such a tool. Good luck with the Z10!
    04-01-13 09:55 PM
    Thanks for the info. Anxious to try it.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 12:43 AM
    Keyboard is the best I've ever used and the browser is stellar.

One of the reasons I'm anxious to try another is to experience BBM which I didn't use or wasn't available in my old BlackBerry life. How does it differ from iMessenger? Is it quicker than testing? More secure? One negative I've noticed about the Z10 is a delay with texting in general.

Posted via CB10
    Keyboard ... I could rave non-stop about it. Most intelligent there is. I use "word substitution" quite a fair bit, so it helps to speed up my typing.

As for BBM .... by design, I think it is the best there is too. But you know what? I can only text the few friends who are still loyal to BBs. So the friends base for using BBM is so small, I feel kinda sad. As a result, have to resort to WhatsApp to text, which supports cross-platform. That said, BBM would be awfully difficult to use, if the touchscreen keyboard of the Z10 isn't this fluid and fast. I tried WhatsApp on my Samsung Note, and I was always getting so many mistakes, I rather not text. On the Z10, BBM is a breeze to use.

Delay in texting ... to be really honest, I have not experienced this. I am often on wifi. If I am on network, it's mostly 3G and occasionally 4G LTE.
    lifeaseric likes this.
    04-02-13 01:08 AM