I've had my Z10 for a little over 3 weeks now and I am amazed by this little device; although I can't say I've felt this way since day 1.

The first unit I received seemed to work okay but after a week or so, I began noticing a few bugs and issues: things weren't right. For starters, the battery wouldn't make it past 5 PM without warning me it had dropped past 20% (partly my fault since I didn't drain the battery and give it a good initial charge). The phone would have issues when I connected it to the charger: I'd have to unplug and re-plug it several times and wait for the charging icon to appear). It would also reboot on it's own from time to time and certain core apps would close without warning.

I was beginning to get frustrated. I even went as far as telling my sister she might want to "wait on getting a Z10" since I was having issues with mine and she's not as patient as me with technology. However, after doing some research I decided to give my service provider a call. I called the store where I picked it up and told them I was having issues that fell under the manufactures warranty. The stores representative said I should bring in the device and swap it out for a new one (this is possible within 30 days of purchase based on the issues you are having and the service provider you are with - though, don't quote me on it). I went in and swapped out my old Z10 for a new one.

I've now had my new device for 3 days and HOLY @$^!@$%@&% ! What a world of difference! I know it's only been 3 days but this device feels way better than my first one. On top of that, my battery is lasting 60% longer than my first device. It's now 10:20pm and my battery is at 40% (I've been using it all day to take pictures and to browse). Though to be fair, When I got my second Z10 I had already experienced BlackBerry 10 so I was able to properly drain the battery (the phone shut itself off) and charge the device overnight (a solid 8 hours).

All this to say, if you've experiencing difficulties with your device, maybe you should research the specific problems you are having and if need be/if you can, swap it out for a new one.

Cheers
    aragone79 and zombie73 like this.
    02-23-13 09:37 PM
    That is great news about your replacement working better. However, I want to point out the battery technology used these days (lithium polymer) never needs conditioning like the old nickel cadmium did. Just charge it when it needs a charge and don't bother with it otherwise.
    02-23-13 09:56 PM
    That is great news about your replacement working better. However, I want to point out the battery technology used these days (lithium polymer) never needs conditioning like the old nickel cadmium did. Just charge it when it needs a charge and don't bother with it otherwise.
    It's actually a lithium ion battery.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 10:02 PM
    [QUOTE=shebmiller;8027518] ...... Though to be fair, When I got my second Z10 I had already experienced BlackBerry 10 so I was able to properly drain the battery (the phone shut itself off) and charge the device overnight (a solid 8 hours) ...../QUOTE]

Probably even better tah give the unit a full charge before turning on for first time as mentioned on pg 13 of the pdf manual. Granted ya would think they would have put in on pg.1 vs the set-up instructs' .... imho
    02-23-13 10:29 PM
    Like I said, I did handle the first charge differently on both devices but maybe that alone isn't the reason why I'm seeing a much better battery life on this device.
    02-24-13 11:21 AM