Hey guys,

I am new to the forums, having just recently switched to Blackberry (my first ever!) from the iPhone, so forgive me if this question may have already been addressed in another thread.

First of all, I am loving my Z10 so far, and I think that it's a fantastic toy given my own needs. However, I'm running into some trouble with syncing my music with the phone. Blackberry Link itself is painfully slow, and when I try to sync playlists from my Mac to the Z10, it just...stops. What I mean is, Link would say "Syncing", then would just stop part of the way through. Then, when I check my phone, the playlists would be there, but some appear empty while others would only contain some of the songs from the original playlist. All my songs are in MP3 format, so I don't think it's a file type issue.

Is this an issue with the phone or Blackberry Link (both are updated to the latest versions). Please help; I'm really perplexed!

Thanks!
    12-14-13 10:44 AM
    Also, when I click on "Show Recent Activity", it says "Sync complete with warnings" and "Files not copied" to both my phone and my computer. I don't understand why they won't copy (
    12-14-13 10:57 AM
    The best and easiest way is to use USB mass storage and copy and paste.
    12-14-13 01:01 PM
    Yup I just copy and paste

Posted via my white Z10. LG banter- blackberry bold 9900- Z10
    12-14-13 01:03 PM
    I just put the music on my directly on my micro memory card, then put that in the phone.
    12-14-13 01:04 PM
    I just put the music on my directly on my micro memory card, then put that in the phone.
    But then you have to remove the back and cause more ware and tear.
    12-14-13 01:07 PM
    I like using WIFI access. I just map my SD card as a drive in windows and have direct access to my device or SD card wirelessly. Copy and paste as well, but the setup is a little more tricky. But, if you have huge amounts of data to transfer over the first time, USB mass storage is the fastest.

I don't touch Link, ever.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 01:11 PM
    Thanks for the responses, guys. I'm trying out the transfer-by-USB method. The only thing is I was hoping to transfer preexisting playlists to my Blackberry, given that I have 20+ playlists with 30-50 songs each. I've almost completely given up on Link; it's the single buggiest piece of software I've used in years.
    12-14-13 01:16 PM
    I managed to sync fine with my Z10. Over usb it's pretty slow but it worked. Are you on a leaked OS?

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 02:21 PM
    Hey Boris, my OS is 10.2.0.429... I don't know if that's leaked or not but that was what I got from the last update.

I tried transferring via USB, and it's slow but it's much better compared to Link. I still can't transfer my playlists though, which is a bummer.
    12-14-13 02:51 PM
    You mentioned files not being copied. By any chance, are any of those files protected by DRM?

Posted by my weapon of choice, Z10. Powered by 10.2.1
    12-15-13 09:20 AM
    Here is what I think as well but I don't know for sure. When you copy playlists you are basically copying a list of shortcuts. You would still need to copy all the songs over as well. You can have 20 playlists and 1 song that is in every list but that does not mean you have 20 copies of that song. But like I say I don't know for sure.
    12-15-13 09:40 AM
    You mentioned files not being copied. By any chance, are any of those files protected by DRM?

Posted by my weapon of choice, Z10. Powered by 10.2.1
    That's right. About 10%of my songs that I bought in iTunes will not copy to my BlackBerry devices due to Digital Rights Management. Not sure if anything can be done about that.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 09:41 AM
    Not as far as I know, Lt. Havoc. They were all ripped from CDs that I owned, so I don't see why they would have DRM protection.
    12-15-13 11:52 AM
    Apples walled garden strikes again! It is really too bad that this is still an issue, particularly if you have paid for music and are stuck one a device. You can strip the DRM on those tunes but will have to get them out of iTunes first I think.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 11:54 AM
    On my Windows 7 Laptop
    After a fresh install of link iTunes opens up and i let it open for 20 min ( don't ask me why)
    After that open Blackberry World on your Z10 and Swipe down to settings to activate (store on Media Card). Then i make a new playliste in iTunes put my Songs in and close iTunes.
    My z is connected via wlan and i can see it in link. Now i right click the playlist in link and say Sync to z10 .... Finish

Settings-Storage wifi on
    12-15-13 12:40 PM